HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Eberle

Old
11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
DLJB

vCash: 500
Eberle

Just curious to see what you guys think. I would really like to see Eberle on our team. IMO he would be ideal next to Giroux. What do you guys think? Obviously Edmonton is looking for toughness and we have it. What could or should we offer?

DLJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

Edmonton fans want Simmonds and Coburn for him. That's not a deal I make. I would do Hartnell and Coburn for Eberle, but Edmonton fans don't want to. There is no middle ground.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Legion of Goon
Suck it Phuffneuf

vCash: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
Just curious to see what you guys think. I would really like to see Eberle on our team. IMO he would be ideal next to Giroux. What do you guys think? Obviously Edmonton is looking for toughness and we have it. What could or should we offer?
I would rather see Crosby on our team!

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:17 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

If they truly wanted Simmonds and Coburn for Eberle, I'd have absolutely no problem with that deal.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Edmonton fans want Simmonds and Coburn for him. That's not a deal I make. I would do Hartnell and Coburn for Eberle, but Edmonton fans don't want to. There is no middle ground.
Simmonds shouldn't stop you from making that deal. I like him but he's really one dimensional. Park his ass in front of the net and get garbage goals is about all he's good for. Eberle would bring more skill to this team.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Eberle is one of those players that may put up a lot of points for you but he is not a guy that you win with.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:42 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
If they truly wanted Simmonds and Coburn for Eberle, I'd have absolutely no problem with that deal.
exactly. if thats what they want ill make the 7 hour drive to Philly and personally drive em both to the airport.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:55 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Eberle is one of those players that may put up a lot of points for you but he is not a guy that you win with.
LOL WUT?!?! The guy put Team Canada on his back in Jr's.

Quote:
Internationally, he has competed for Canada in two World Junior Championships, winning gold and silver in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He was named Tournament MVP and Best Forward at the 2010 World Junior Championships and is Canada's second all-time leading scorer at the tournament with 26 points, 5 behind Eric Lindros.
Skip to the 20 min mark. There is a reason he's number one on this list and it's not because he chokes or doesn't win

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
He hits the net, that's a skill nobody else on the team has.

11-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
LOL WUT?!?! The guy put Team Canada on his back in Jr's.

Skip to the 20 min mark. There is a reason he's number one on this list and it's not because he chokes or doesn't win

He scored some big goals in a tournament. 4 years ago.

Has he been able to put edmonton on his back and lead them to a playoff spot? No. Why? Because only 1 player can do that and that is a goalie.

Eberle is a soft player mentally and physically.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:24 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Let the Oil add a second tier prospect or a third rounder and we might have a deal.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:31 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Let the Oil add a second tier prospect or a third rounder and we might have a deal.
A young, premier sniper for a defenseman who's peaked and can't focus on his job and an overrated, one-dimensional, garbage goal-scoring power forward? Edmonton doesn't have to add a thing.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Fragmuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Simmonds shouldn't stop you from making that deal. I like him but he's really one dimensional. Park his ass in front of the net and get garbage goals is about all he's good for. Eberle would bring more skill to this team.
Thats true, but i for one see this as an opportunity to rescue ourselves from that hideous Hartnell contract. So even if we would have to add a pick and/or a prospect to Hartnell+Coburn I would much much rather see that deal going down then Coburn+Simmer

Fragmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:59 AM
captainpaxil

tall on the radio last night was yakupov for veteran help witn edmontons gm in the building

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:07 AM
DLJB

I would much rather see Eberle than Yakupov. Wonder if they would take the schenns?

DLJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
exactly. if thats what they want ill make the 7 hour drive to Philly and personally drive em both to the airport.
I would seriously pay for their flights if we could turn a number 4 Dman a and Simmer into a top line fwd. I would push Harts, but done deal if. Oil want.

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 07:59 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Yes yes we all want Eberle. And RNH. And Hall. And a lot of other players that are out there (not just ones on the Oilers). They aren't coming here, and even if they do, it will likely be at a price tag that everyone will flip **** over (and not in a good way).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Pipe dream here, but a situation I'm following is PK Subban and the media coverage of his underuse and public chastising by coach Therrien. It will all but certainly amount to nothing more than a short-term oops by Therrien and the Montreal press doing their usual mountain out of a molehill efforts. However – and please take note, visiting Canadiens zealots – IF a serious rift emerged and GM Bergevin found a necessity to move Subban, I'd think there would be significant interest.

Here's my offer: Simmonds, Laughton, Morin, 1st

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:53 AM
skoods

Any offer for Subban would have to include one of Schenn, Couturier, or Giroux. Personally, I think the same thing for Eberle. People on this board really overrate the value of guys like Hartnell and Simmonds. If we think they suck right now, every GM in the league is seeing it too.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:11 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Pipe dream here, but a situation I'm following is PK Subban and the media coverage of his underuse and public chastising by coach Therrien. It will all but certainly amount to nothing more than a short-term oops by Therrien and the Montreal press doing their usual mountain out of a molehill efforts. However – and please take note, visiting Canadiens zealots – IF a serious rift emerged and GM Bergevin found a necessity to move Subban, I'd think there would be significant interest.

Here's my offer: Simmonds, Laughton, Morin, 1st
Probably realistic but Morin could really turn into something special and his market value is rising. And the Flyers will need more than just Subban to stabilize the defense long term.

If they could find a way to replace Morin with Coburn/Schenn and maybe throw in another wildcard like Ghost or Hägg.... I know too many IFs and BUTs... but then this could be worth it from the Flyers' perspective.

Established second line power forward on solid contract
+ potential two-way second line center who is lighting it up in Juniors who will play in the NHL next year
+ established 2nd pairing defenseman
+ OD prospect with second pairing upside
+ 1st rounder

for a Norris winning defenseman?

Still sounds highly unlikely. Anyway such a deal would definitely cost a lot.

Last edited by dats81: 11-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.
dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:02 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yes yes we all want Eberle. And RNH. And Hall. And a lot of other players that are out there (not just ones on the Oilers). They aren't coming here, and even if they do, it will likely be at a price tag that everyone will flip **** over (and not in a good way).

Old
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
Any offer for Subban would have to include one of Schenn, Couturier, or Giroux. Personally, I think the same thing for Eberle. People on this board really overrate the value of guys like Hartnell and Simmonds. If we think they suck right now, every GM in the league is seeing it too.
Who said anything about Subban? And why would Montreal even entertain the idea of trading him?

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:32 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

whatever anyone thinks is normal market value for Simmonds, Hartnell and Coburn you are not going to get it.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
whatever anyone thinks is normal market value for Simmonds, Hartnell and Coburn you are not going to get it.
I think those three players individually would net a pretty decent return. None of them alone will get you Eberle (and a package of two probably wouldn't even do it), but I think you could nab a first rounder for each of them at the deadline. Not advocating going that route, but I think they could all get that.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think those three players individually would net a pretty decent return. None of them alone will get you Eberle (and a package of two probably wouldn't even do it), but I think you could nab a first rounder for each of them at the deadline. Not advocating going that route, but I think they could all get that.
that is fairly debatable. especially if these guys continue down the path they have been on this season. I would deal one of Sommonds or Hartnell right now. you know how I feel about Coburn. if someone offers a 1st for Coburn take it and run.