- Easily the most entertaining game all year for me, including two games that I've actually gone to.
- Myers. Had a couple of bad moments but still continues to play a strong game overall.
- Girgs, Larsson and Risto all had fantastic games.
- Stafford. Besides the horrible clear that lead to the tying goal, thought he had his best game of the season.
- Moulson-Cody-Ennis had a lot of nice offensive moments...
- .... but they also are so horrendous in their own end. They basically have to create three goals a night to crack even.
- The usual stuff, like getting crushed in shots and faceoffs
- Uhh... this:
This was in OT - the MSG broadcast didn't show it and from what I can gather on Twitter, the Sharks crew didn't catch it right away either. Prettttty bad.
Go up two on them early third, what does Dooshnaish Rolston do? Implement a high passive 1-2-2 akin to tht that fell apart vs Detroit. The sharks then proceed to hem us in the d zone for minutes on end, and tie the game.
- that Havlat goal ... Wow... relentless forecheck by SJ
- we struggle with possession while we try to skate through them in the first. What do you know? Risto dumps it in at the red line, Ennis is first in on the forecheck, Hodgson supports him, and we get our first legit scoring chance of the game.
- pretty scary how we are inferior to our opponents in general. The Sharks dump pucks in, win races, and do it methodically and properly. They survey the ice and if a teammate was blazing down the far wing, they'd give it a hard wrap right to the side of the winger - or a far corner dump. They'd lob it in and go after it on their own if they were first in themselves or had the most forward momentum.
This is basic stuff. Forget about defensively. Bad.
- First two goals we scored are goals because of the new pad restrictions we will take it
- Foligno line great pressure on the stafford goal.
- Sharks fourth goal was Stafford being Drew, a weak half assed backhand that doesn't even come close to clearing the zone. They easily keep at the point, throw to the net, game tied
- Myers' gloves coming off with Brown was the highlight of the year right now for me. Wow. That was ****ing refreshing. He played fantastic. That retreat on the pavelski chance on a sharks PP in the second was perfect. 90% of dmen would attack the puck carrier because it was so low and near the net, but he let miller take that and easily handle the short side. Perfect. Discipline. Tough to do for a dman. Nice.
Myers' fight, Larsson fighting, Risto playing very physical and confident. These things make me smile. Bright spots for sure. This is the kind of game that's tolerable even in a loss. I am happy with a lot of the efforts from our youth overall. Tonight especially.
We need to activate our D more overall. It's a totally different offense when our defensemen get aggressive, stay moving, and contribute in the offensive zone. I know a lot of why we don't do it more often is personnel-related, but we can still step it up in that regard as a team.
Kid is about three playoff series away from being Brind'Amour-level ugly.
The blown non-goal call is just the NHL making up for past mistakes.
G.B. "Okay, here's the deal. If you guys shut the hell up about 'no goal' and that Philly playoff goal through the side of the net... we'll cut you guys a break finally."
D.R. "Well we do have the lottery coming up. Sounds fair enou..."
G.B. "Deal. We'll wipe out an out of conference opponent's goal in a 4-4 3-point game after everyone goes to sleep."
D.R. "That would help our heroic run to 9th place..."
I'll never cheer against the team for a draft pick especially this early in the season but I can't help wonder if getting swept in embarrassing fashion on this west coast trip would be enough to get Rolston fired. Eh... whatever.
They weren't great by any means but the effort level is what we had hoped for at least every few games. I wont expect it for another few weeks though because Lolston.
The actual pic and photoshops (as if the pic wasn't funny enough) of the Sabres conga line on the Sharks 3rd goal. Someone needs to add an orange practice pylon by Jumbo Joe's right skate (and by the donkey in the B&W vintage photo).
Highlights didn't have enough of Miller in them.
I'm probably going to search the usual site for the McCormick fight...
On the first couple goals, Niemi's 5-hole was Enrothesque, smaller pads be damned.
Niemi's shootout on the Sabres goals. I've seen a corpse move better.
I missed watching Hertl play.
A regular poster here (forgot who) in the GDT said he was putting real money on this game, with heavy Shark odds. I assume he was betting for Buffalo. If he reads this, can he confirm? (If you bet the other way, and want to remain anonymous, I understand.)