HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion - Part II

Old
12-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Arthur

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFruit View Post
Agreed.
Everything that is limiting inflated influence of Russian players and is adding more diversity and quality to the league is a good thing.

Plus, there's a lot more good middle tier NA players out there than Russians, Medvescak is proving us that. There is a chance that overall competitiveness will increase.
I support this. KHL should look to lessen the amount of average Russian players who are in the league only because of their nationality. And the Russian national team isn't going to lose anything since there will still be plenty of good hockey players who now will be competing against opponents of higher quality.

Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
And the Russian national team isn't going to lose anything since there will still be plenty of good hockey players who now will be competing against opponents of higher quality.
And who said that new players will be of higher quality? They say that having no limits will make costs lower, but when I want to buy something with higher quality, hardly I will pay less money, quite the opposite. I think that they should also keep the quality, not just get lower expenses

12-19-2013, 12:22 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
So Gazprom backs Dynamo Minsk... Were they hurting financially before this? How many teams in total does Gazprom no w back?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
So Gazprom backs Dynamo Minsk... Were they hurting financially before this? How many teams in total does Gazprom no w back?
SKA, Avangard as I know. Maybe indirectly Lev

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2013, 07:17 PM
malkinfan

http://soundcloud.com/tim-bourcier-k...w-with-brandon

An interesting 20 minute long interview with Brandon Bochenski. The interviewer is a little rough around the edges but other than that some interesting things were said. Talks about joining the NT, although Bochenski didn't seem overly excited at being given the opportunity. Mentioned if he "sticks around" he would consider if no problems with the legality of it etc.. Strange since he would be eligible as of next year and his contract is through next season so... I don't understand the skepticism.

Old
12-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Vicente

Quote:
http://soundcloud.com/tim-bourcier-k...w-with-brandon

An interesting 20 minute long interview with Brandon Bochenski. The interviewer is a little rough around the edges but other than that some interesting things were said. Talks about joining the NT, although Bochenski didn't seem overly excited at being given the opportunity. Mentioned if he "sticks around" he would consider if no problems with the legality of it etc.. Strange since he would be eligible as of next year and his contract is through next season so... I don't understand the skepticism.
I mean it SHOULD feel strange to anyone playing for another national team than the one of your home country. If I were going to get the chance to play for Ireland or so instead of Germany it would be a bit weird.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Hockeyfan31*

Love these type of videos. Some of the best moments in 1 video + awesome tune, great to watch

Hockeyfan31* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 02:13 AM
RobertR
C

vCash: 50
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-the-khl-money

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...n-the-khl-baza

RobertR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 01:36 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Yarullin is having a nice go around with Neftekhimik 2 assists today already

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 09:51 PM
malkinfan

Was watching the alumni game in the NHL, made me sad to see Larionov-Fedorov-Larionov. They still had the chemistry. Its sad because it was a reminder of the great hockey that was once played. I don't think we'll ever see it again.

Seeing Kozlov was cool, he still has it, he plays more like Igor now in his twilight now that his once epic speed has passed him by. I also just noticed that he is leading scorer of Spartak(1 point behind quint)! I hope he gets traded to SKA so he can have one final good cup run, rekindle some of that old magic he had with Kovy on the power play.

Old
01-04-2014, 01:12 PM
cska78

with all the winter classic talk - how about a winter classic CSKA - Monreal? you can do it in Moscow in Luzhniki (once remodeled) and the next year in Canada?

Old
01-04-2014, 01:14 PM
cska78

i remember the all star game on red square it was epic

Old
01-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Hockeyfan31*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
with all the winter classic talk - how about a winter classic CSKA - Monreal? you can do it in Moscow in Luzhniki (once remodeled) and the next year in Canada?
why not khl Winter Classic for starters, I would love it

Hockeyfan31* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

I don't know where to post this but it's not every day you see Putin and Lukaschenko playing hockey together

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:56 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
That would be epic, could have a great alumni game to go along with it. I think the problem is there is no big outdoor venue in Montreal? Baseball stadium is indoor and Canada doesn't have the (American) football sized stadiums that US has. That is the problem with bringing winter classic games to Canada in general, 30k cant compare to 110k stadiums in USA, which is a massive difference in money. Canada's biggest is only 60k in Edmonton.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:07 PM
cska78

Quote:
That would be epic, could have a great alumni game to go along with it. I think the problem is there is no big outdoor venue in Montreal? Baseball stadium is indoor and Canada doesn't have the (American) football sized stadiums that US has. That is the problem with bringing winter classic games to Canada in general, 30k cant compare to 110k stadiums in USA, which is a massive difference in money. Canada's biggest is only 60k in Edmonton.

than bring it to Moscow once there's a stadium.

Old
01-09-2014, 07:32 AM
pecheq

Hi guys! Do you know what Salavat Yulaev means? And is Ufa going to change the ugly logo in the next season? The same horrible logo has Amur, Bars Kazan, Neftekhimik and Severstal. Yugra will have a new one, right? And my big wishes for next season is better english website, quit the adverts in russian language at the stadiums (Praha, Bratislava, Riga, Zagreb) - that's pointless. And finally provide good TV signals from all stadiums with info graphics.

pecheq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 07:38 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecheq View Post
Hi guys! Do you know what Salavat Yulaev means?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salawat_Yulayev

And I don't think they are going to change that logo anytime soon

01-09-2014, 07:56 AM
obskyr

Quote:
That would be embarassig, CSKA better try beating Geneve first.

The most realistic candidates to kick off the Winter Classic tradition in the KHL are Kazan Arena (for Ak Bars - Salavat) and VTB Arena Park (Dynamo - CSKA).

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:06 AM
ult

You are all wrong. The best candidate is St. Petersburg.

The arena will have a retractable field, so it will be possible to make stands come really close to the rink. It could increase the capacity from 69 000 to 80 000 seats. It will have a retractable roof as well. And St. Petersburg can get a 100% attendance without a problem.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:29 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
That would be embarassig, CSKA better try beating Geneve first.

The most realistic candidates to kick off the Winter Classic tradition in the KHL are Kazan Arena (for Ak Bars - Salavat) and VTB Arena Park (Dynamo - CSKA).
don't compare a holiday shopping tour vs a true spectacle game against Monreal in front of 40-50k in the stands.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
You are all wrong. The best candidate is St. Petersburg.

The arena will have a retractable field, so it will be possible to make stands come really close to the rink. It could increase the capacity from 69 000 to 80 000 seats. It will have a retractable roof as well. And St. Petersburg can get a 100% attendance without a problem.
I'd be all for that, but it won't be finished until 2024 due to corruption.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
thepetrochemist

Quote:
don't compare a holiday shopping tour vs a true spectacle game against Monreal in front of 40-50k in the stands.
Isn't the spengler cup a worldwide famous tournament ? I'm sure players are having a good time there, but on final, I highly doubt they don't care about bringing the cup home...

Winter Classics, on the other hand, are nothing but a commercial move for teams and owners to make ****loads of money...

Just because Spengler cup is in Europe, doesn't make it's less prestigious than a game in northern america....

thepetrochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
I'd be all for that, but it won't be finished until 2024 due to corruption.
I thought corruption is the reason why things get built so quickly in Russia? At least according to Finnish constructors operating there...

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
obskyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I thought corruption is the reason why things get built so quickly in Russia? At least according to Finnish constructors operating there...
It depends on the kind of money you're dealing with. If it's a huge "investment" project you better keep them coming.