HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL 2013-2014 General Discussion - Part II

Old
02-06-2014, 03:33 PM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
cska playing ak bars and donbass

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 10:35 AM
SoundAndFury

Today I was wondering, what do you guys think, is there any chance at all Nazarov gets fired after this season?

03-05-2014, 02:04 AM
Vicente

Hi everyone, I somehow missed the part about the Spartak Moscow withdrawal from Nadezhda Cup (just read the information on en.khl.ru but found nothing about the reasons). So why aren't they participating and why does the league allow it? Should theybe punished or should Nadezhda Cup be finnished if teams have absolutely no respect for it?

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Domenica

I think it's just Spartak's ongoing financial struggle. The league allowed them to skip the NC because they would have had to pay for travel etc.

Domenica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenica View Post
I think it's just Spartak's ongoing financial struggle. The league allowed them to skip the NC because they would have had to pay for travel etc.
Isn't that covered with the entrance fees for Nadezhda Cup? And they could have earned money with home games aswell?

If Spartak isn't able to pay for Nadezhda Cup travel costs, shouldn't they better be thrown out of the league and go to VHL? Jokerit can take their spot in the Western Conference.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:43 AM
BlueBratislava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Isn't that covered with the entrance fees for Nadezhda Cup? And they could have earned money with home games aswell?

If Spartak isn't able to pay for Nadezhda Cup travel costs, shouldn't they better be thrown out of the league and go to VHL? Jokerit can take their spot in the Western Conference.
When Spartak came to Bratislava their coach said after the game that the juniors (7-8 guys) are joining the MHL team for their playoffs and the foreigners (Spirko, Wandel etc.) have already returned their apartments in Moscow. Basically there is nobody left to play for the first team....

BlueBratislava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Hi everyone, I somehow missed the part about the Spartak Moscow withdrawal from Nadezhda Cup (just read the information on en.khl.ru but found nothing about the reasons). So why aren't they participating and why does the league allow it? Should theybe punished or should Nadezhda Cup be finnished if teams have absolutely no respect for it?
The league is basically paying their last month of participating completely. Why should a league spend on their Nadezhda Cup participation too?

Yes, it's a majopr mess there. It's i the stars if we'll see spartak in the KHL next season.

And yes, I do find the whole idea of the Nadezhda Cup idiotic.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
maxim84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
The league is basically paying their last month of participating completely. Why should a league spend on their Nadezhda Cup participation too?

Yes, it's a majopr mess there. It's i the stars if we'll see spartak in the KHL next season.

And yes, I do find the whole idea of the Nadezhda Cup idiotic.
Why is there so much dislike for that Nadezda Cup? Isn't it good for a player to get more ice time...maybe show that he is a good player but his team sucks, and that performance helps him to get a contract for some better team? Or a team could give a chance to some younger player to see what can be expected of him next season...you all look at this from a point "it is not interesting to see someone fight for 18th place" I agree with that but there are some positive sides...

maxim84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Domenica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBratislava View Post
When Spartak came to Bratislava their coach said after the game that the juniors (7-8 guys) are joining the MHL team for their playoffs and the foreigners (Spirko, Wandel etc.) have already returned their apartments in Moscow. Basically there is nobody left to play for the first team....
And they are 2 months behind on wages (according to this article).

Old
03-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Domenica

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim84 View Post
Why is there so much dislike for that Nadezda Cup? Isn't it good for a player to get more ice time...maybe show that he is a good player but his team sucks, and that performance helps him to get a contract for some better team? Or a team could give a chance to some younger player to see what can be expected of him next season...you all look at this from a point "it is not interesting to see someone fight for 18th place" I agree with that but there are some positive sides...
Agreed. Last season the winner got a first round draft pick as well.

Old
03-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Vicente

Quote:

What's actually the use for the league to have Spartak in KHL? Is it just because of the name and the team's history?

As I see it: Spartak have not a good team, they are missing playoffs clearly. They have only few fans, at least their attendance is weak, even for a KHL team.

And biggest issue: do they EVER show Spartak home games? I often saw that they showed all games in TV but Spartak home matches? A guy I know is a journalist from Moscow who works with Spartak organization and even he told me the team has not much potential for the future.

Old
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
punchonico99

I really hope teams like Vityaz and Spartak get sent down to the VHL.

Even if Spartak has a huge history and a big name, this team is not good for the league.

The VHL is a perfect league for these two teams, plus, Spartak Moscow would still exist. Jokerit could simply take their place in the Western Conference and another team could take Vityaz's place.

punchonico99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
What's actually the use for the league to have Spartak in KHL? Is it just because of the name and the team's history?

As I see it: Spartak have not a good team, they are missing playoffs clearly. They have only few fans, at least their attendance is weak, even for a KHL team.

And biggest issue: do they EVER show Spartak home games? I often saw that they showed all games in TV but Spartak home matches? A guy I know is a journalist from Moscow who works with Spartak organization and even he told me the team has not much potential for the future.
Again and again and again, ppl from outside don't understand. Yes it is partly because of the name and the history, but only partly. Every marketing expert will tell you about the importance of a brand though. Spartak is having money trouble right now, but that's just a point in time. Otherwise they have a good school and a sizzling MHL team. With good sponsorship they would very fast build a good team, better than any newcomer team built from a scratch.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 07:52 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Again and again and again, ppl from outside don't understand. Yes it is partly because of the name and the history, but only partly. Every marketing expert will tell you about the importance of a brand though. Spartak is having money trouble right now, but that's just a point in time. Otherwise they have a good school and a sizzling MHL team. With good sponsorship they would very fast build a good team, better than any newcomer team built from a scratch.
Their brand is worth nothing and school plus MHL team can continue without skipping a beat even though the senior team would play in the VHL. Nobody's talking about killing the club all together, just about relegating it to the VHL which is a right thing to do at this point.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Ivan94

European Hockey-teams at social networks.

1. SKA 152.970 fans
2. Medvescak 138.171 fans
10. Slovan 88.832 fans
17. Lev 60.677 fans

Ivan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post

1. SKA 152.970 fans
10. Slovan 88.832 fans
17. Lev 60.677 fans

Curious, do the AIK and Djurgården numbers include the football section or just the hockey fans? Also funny how Kalpa has more fans in social media than in general bigger Tampere clubs Tappara and Ilves.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Curious, do the AIK and Djurgården numbers include the football section or just the hockey fans? Also funny how Kalpa has more fans in social media than in general bigger Tampere clubs Tappara and Ilves.
the football and hockey section have a united facebook-page

Djurgarden´s facebook-page is mostly about hockey. AIK´s is maybe 50/50. you can´t seperate the numbers, so they counted it at the statistic. I think if the pages would be seperated Djurgarden would still be Top10 and AIK Top15.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Toffu

vCash: 1180
I think only hockey is included.

Pretty impressive for Medvescak.

Toffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Vicente

It's interesting to see that Swedes have quite a good social media work.

I always mentioned how SKA and Medvescak are good examples for the right way of marketing etc so I don't wonder that they are that good in the ranking.

But compared to European soccer these are incredibly low figures. Barcelona has 80+ mio fans alone, Real Madrid 72 mio etc

Old
03-06-2014, 11:12 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Really looking forward to CSKA SKA series. CSKA finally plugged up the goaltending drain situation, if only Rads was healthy what an epic series.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post

1. SKA 152.970 fans
10. Slovan 88.832 fans
17. Lev 60.677 fans

respect to management of Lev Prague they are doing such a great job ... absolutely artificial and still very new club without any history and traditions. They are still teaching their fans to love and cheer for them ... and they are doing it very well. I like their PR actions and medial presentation.

True PROs in managment

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Vicente

DEL has a new attendance record with 6,343 fans per game. I found KHL average is just at 6,071. NHL in comparison has 17,578.

At least 4 teams in DEL are expected to have a 12,000+ playoff average attendance while KHL playoff attendance is very low once more which means the gap will be even bigger.

Crazy that the best league in Europe has not the best attendance. Even with teams like Medvescak joining.

Will KHL ever reach a 10,000 average in the next 5 years?

Old
03-08-2014, 04:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Easy no.

Although I must say your sentence doesn't make sense. But I guess that's just grammar.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Easy no.

Although I must say your sentence doesn't make sense. But I guess that's just grammar.
Within the next 5 years then for you.

Old
03-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Ivan94

Quote:

the average capacity is <8000. so KHL need bigger arenas.

- some teams have a big potential, but play in small arenas (Medvescak, Admiral, Donbass, Amur, ...)
- some new arenas are in construction or are planed
- new teams with bigger arenas are joining(Jokerit, Sochi,...)
- teams with small arenas and bad attendence could/should leave KHL (Spartak, Metalurg Nk, Vitjaz, Jugra,...)

so it´s on a good way. maybe not in 5, but in 10-12 years.