HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks team up with B.C Lottery...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2003, 09:43 AM
  #26
MVP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheme
My, aren't we being defensive? :p Instead of addressing my points, you ask me to go to some board.

Like I said, unless you can actually prove that the owners are lying, instead of just using your opinion as fact, you have nothing.

Whatever, you can have have your opinion on the issue. i already address the lying issue earlier in this thread, i don't intend to keep repeating my point. i am not saying those are facts since you cannot prove it right or wrong unless the owners have to open their books with legal consequence for fake document. i direct you to go to a very knowledgable board, and i am called defensive? Ok bub, have a nice day.

MVP is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 11:46 AM
  #27
PecaFan
Registered User
 
PecaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Posts: 8,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
There will likely be new patrons for this Canucks's based lotto, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The BC Lottery Corp. representatives even said that they are expecting an increased revunue, so they seem pretty optimistic that people will buy more tickets, not just substitute them.
But for how long though? That's what I mean by initial infatuation period. Anybody here *never* buy lottery tickets now, but plan on buying these Canucks tickets regularly? Or will you just buy some now to see what they're like?

From what I understand, in Alberta they had a massive falloff after the initial period, and revenues came in way under what they had projected.

PecaFan is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
  #28
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan
But for how long though? That's what I mean by initial infatuation period. Anybody here *never* buy lottery tickets now, but plan on buying these Canucks tickets regularly? Or will you just buy some now to see what they're like?
I guess it'll be a wait and see type thing. The BC lottery corp. seems to think that this new program will encourage new buyers into the market, who in turn may decide to buy other tickets. You can't rule out the option that people may decide to buy Canuck's lottery tickets on top of the ammount of tickets they are currently buying. In the end, I think both sides will be pleased by the partnership.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 07:11 PM
  #29
Scheme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Whatever, you can have have your opinion on the issue.
Which opinion? That you can't read John McCaw's mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
i already address the lying issue earlier in this thread, i don't intend to keep repeating my point.
Yeah? Where exactly did you address the "lying" issue? All I see is a valuation of the Canucks at $110 million. Just so you know, the valuation of a team has no bearing on whether or not they're making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
i am not saying those are facts since you cannot prove it right or wrong unless the owners have to open their books with legal consequence for fake document.
Hey, you're the one who posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
The fact is McCaw has been making money with the Canucks, and he is doing what a good business man would do which is ranting about losing money by publishing selective information to try to generate more money support from the fan and government.
So which is it? You're saying you can't prove whether or not the team is losing money unless the books are open, then you say that it's a "fact" that McCaw is lying and making money. Come on, tell us what you can really see inside McCaw's head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
i direct you to go to a very knowledgable board, and i am called defensive? Ok bub, have a nice day.
Sounds like you need to practice what you preach. :p I'll admit I don't know that much about running a hockey club, but I'll wager that somebody who can claim to read minds doesn't know that much more.

Scheme is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 08:57 PM
  #30
MVP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheme
Which opinion? That you can't read John McCaw's mind?



Yeah? Where exactly did you address the "lying" issue? All I see is a valuation of the Canucks at $110 million. Just so you know, the valuation of a team has no bearing on whether or not they're making money.



Hey, you're the one who posted this:



So which is it? You're saying you can't prove whether or not the team is losing money unless the books are open, then you say that it's a "fact" that McCaw is lying and making money. Come on, tell us what you can really see inside McCaw's head...



Sounds like you need to practice what you preach. :p I'll admit I don't know that much about running a hockey club, but I'll wager that somebody who can claim to read minds doesn't know that much more.


It is nice that you completely made up stuff, i never said McCaw lies (i said the owners often lie) BIG DIFFERENCE, i said it is selective information instead of lying. Of course you missed that. And i addressed the lying issue by saying there is no lying in business world, just again with the selective information theory, of course you miss that as well. i never said i can read McCaw's head, of course you missed that as well. Anyways, at less against other posters, i respect them because they debate with me although our points are different, but there is nothing to debate about if you just going to make up stuff .


And i said it is a "fact" that McCaw is lying? plz find that

You also the one that said i am defensive just because i direct you to a knowledgable business board within HF.

hm.......... maybe it is you that try to read my mind instead of the other way around. Plz tell me what i am thinking now since you already know what i am saying.

MVP is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 11:24 AM
  #31
CFABoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheme
Which opinion? That you can't read John McCaw's mind?



Yeah? Where exactly did you address the "lying" issue? All I see is a valuation of the Canucks at $110 million. Just so you know, the valuation of a team has no bearing on whether or not they're making money.


Sounds like you need to practice what you preach. :p I'll admit I don't know that much about running a hockey club, but I'll wager that somebody who can claim to read minds doesn't know that much more.
Just out of curiosity - how do you think they would value the canucks if they ignore how much money they actually make now and into the future???

CFABoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.