HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Trade Between 2 Fan Bases-MTL and Philly

Old
11-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Trade Between 2 Fan Bases-MTL and Philly

Simmonds + 3rd for Beaulieu + 1st + DD

This was agreed upon by a few fans of both teams. What does the rest of the fans think?

Edit: The deal came from Mtl wanting Simmonds. Flyer fans wanted Beaulieu and a 1st. MTL said Beau + 2nd, then said they would do the 1st if Philly took DD. Philly agreed since it looks like they are going to have to rebuild anyways.

Last edited by Tripod: 11-07-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post

This was agreed upon by a few fans of both teams. What does the rest of the fans think?
Big time win for Philly IMO.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Haaabs

I don't like it.
Simmonds is a big body but he hasn't really been in the scoring mood lately.

Beaulieu could end up as a really good PMD and you never know who might fall to you in the first round. I wouldn't do it, its not like Simmonds is the missing piece to a cup win. Unloading DD's contract is nice though.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
I don't like it.
Simmonds is a big body but he hasn't really been in the scoring mood lately.

Beaulieu could end up as a really good PMD and you never know who might fall to you in the first round. I wouldn't do it, its not like Simmonds is the missing piece to a cup win. Unloading DD's contract is nice though.
yes...and that comes at a cost.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
DD or JML automatic No

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Habsfannick

Hate it, Simmonds is cool but Beaulieu+1st has great potential let Beaulieu prove himself more and let's see who we can get with that first

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:06 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

With the possibility we're carrying 1 dead weight contract in Hartnell, I'm not in to taking on a second dead weight contract in Desharnais in a cap sport.

Beaulieu/1st/3rd for Simmonds/2nd

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Edit: The deal came from Mtl wanting Simmonds. Flyer fans wanted Beaulieu and a 1st. MTL said Beau + 2nd, then said they would do the 1st if Philly took DD. Philly agreed since it looks like they are going to have to rebuild anyways.
That's a ton of risk for the Flyers. Beaulieu could easily top out as a 2nd pairing PP guy, and while the Flyers have a very strong record in the 1st round, it is still an wildcard, particularly considering how late the pick figures to be. While Simmonds has not been playing particularly well, that deal would leave the Flyers quite thin on the wings and soft up front, particularly considering Hartnell's recent play.

Also, isn't Simmonds the kind of player you'd want to keep around for a rebuild (not that the Flyers will embrace the concept anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
With the possibility we're carrying 1 dead weight contract in Hartnell, I'm not in to taking on a second dead weight contract in Desharnais in a cap sport.

Pass on that too There's a very real chance that the Flyers 2nd is only 8-10 spots after the Habs 1st.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:

the 1st from the habs was a bump up from a 2nd because they would take DD.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
SnapVirus

The thing with Simmonds is that he never hit more than 49pts in what 4 complete seasons? And if we add last year and this year's stats, hes not close to that still. While DD, performed well since his NHL debut, except for this year (hes in a bad slump). Gosh, he got 60pts in his first complete NHL season.

I still do agree that Simmonds is worth more than DD, because he has a physical aspect, that DD doesnt have.

But that difference is not worth a 1st round pick AND Nathan Beaulieu. Who will definitely become a 1st or 2nd pairing dman in the NHL.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

On the fence here... I really like Simmonds and would love for the Habs to get him. Beaulieu is a good prospect and shows nice talent, but I'd be willing to move him to get Simmonds.

I'd just be a little scared about throwing our 1st in as well... the Habs seem to be balanced on a bit of a precipice atm, not sure if the team is going to get it together again and stay in the playoff race or if it will collapse. If the team collapses and that 1st trends towards a top-10 pick, I would be upset to have included it in the deal.

And I don't think Simmonds would save us from the precipice either way. He'd be a "nice addition", but not likely one that affects the way things are going atm.

This is probably one where I tell Holmgren that it's something we could revisit in the forthcoming weeks. Of interest, "close", but it's not quite the right time to pull the trigger. If the 1st was a 2nd, I'd do it.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Newfy OilPenguin

Good trade I think, Simmonds is a perfect body for the habs. Unloading D.D's contract is going to come at a price and I think this trade balances it.

Newfy OilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
The thing with Simmonds is that he never hit more than 49pts in what 4 complete seasons? And if we add last year and this year's stats, hes not close to that still. While DD, performed well since his NHL debut, except for this year (hes in a bad slump). Gosh, he got 60pts in his first complete NHL season.

I still do agree that Simmonds is worth more than DD, because he has a physical aspect, that DD doesnt have.

But that difference is not worth a 1st round pick AND Nathan Beaulieu. Who will definitely become a 1st or 2nd pairing dman in the NHL.
I like the kid too but you dont know that.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
On the fence here... I really like Simmonds and would love for the Habs to get him. Beaulieu is a good prospect and shows nice talent, but I'd be willing to move him to get Simmonds.

I'd just be a little scared about throwing our 1st in as well... the Habs seem to be balanced on a bit of a precipice atm, not sure if the team is going to get it together again and stay in the playoff race or if it will collapse. If the team collapses and that 1st trends towards a top-10 pick, I would be upset to have included it in the deal.

And I don't think Simmonds would save us from the precipice either way. He'd be a "nice addition", but not likely one that affects the way things are going atm.

This is probably one where I tell Holmgren that it's something we could revisit in the forthcoming weeks. Of interest, "close", but it's not quite the right time to pull the trigger. If the 1st was a 2nd, I'd do it.
And as the other Habs fan said, it is a first to take DD. If there was no DD, the deal was at this point:

Philly wanted Beau + 1st
MTL willing to give Beau + 2nd

Philly agreeing to take DD is what Mtl wanted to agree to it being a 1st.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:18 AM
HappyGilmourr
#FireShapiro

Don't like this for philly... they're adding 2 unknowns and a cap dump for a valuable big bodied forward.Beaulieu has upside but isn't a sure thing. Beaulieu + 1st for Simmonds is more fair IMO.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:24 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
the 1st from the habs was a bump up from a 2nd because they would take DD.
And the 2nd from the Flyers (which could be 10-15 spots later) addresses that.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
No way, huge bloody over-payment for Simmonds.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
And the 2nd from the Flyers (which could be 10-15 spots later) addresses that.
no it doesnt cause the habs are still stuck with DD

Old
11-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Habsterix*

As much as I think that Simmonds would fit in well, I wouldn't do it from a Habs' POV. Beaulieu is penciled in as Markov's replacement down the line. The value is there though. Perhaps if you changed the 3rd for a second coming to MTL, then make the 1st a conditional pick, I'd think about it. By conditional I mean that if Montreal finishes behind Philly, they switch 1st round picks, ensuring that Philly would pick ahead of MTL in the 1st round.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
KingPuckChoo
Go kinGs Go !

vCash: 550
another reason why this trade doesn't make sense it's basically philly giving away a sure thing (Simmonds) in exchange of a 1st and Beaulieu (thus 2 prospects that may or may not equal Simmonds or higher...it's a lottery

teams draft to GET PLAYERS LIKE SIMMONDS

he's only 25...Philly is the type of team that can miss the playoffs one year and climb back the next...they don't need a full rebuild and even if they did...why wouldnt Simmonds be part of that? like i said he's only 25

Scott Hartnell on the other hand... that's a trade that would MAKE SENSE FOR PHILLY

so montreal fans, be considerate of both teams' needs when you make a trade ..and stop throwing proposals a la Ryder+Halak+2nd thinking that every fan base out there is dumb

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:47 AM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
no it doesnt cause the habs are still stuck with DD
You mentioned the 2nd becoming the 1st with no mention of the additional 2nd popping in to Montreal's side. I just wanted to clarify that. If you want to add the poison pill in Desharnais, that's an entirely different conversation. A 3rd rounder isn't enough to take on that contract.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
And as the other Habs fan said, it is a first to take DD. If there was no DD, the deal was at this point:

Philly wanted Beau + 1st
MTL willing to give Beau + 2nd

Philly agreeing to take DD is what Mtl wanted to agree to it being a 1st.
Well in that case, I'd much much rather just keep DD, then. He may or may not rebound, but we can manage his case internally either way, no need to have him affect a deal with that much negative value added to it.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
another reason why this trade doesn't make sense it's basically philly giving away a sure thing (Simmonds) in exchange of a 1st and Beaulieu (thus 2 prospects that may or may not equal Simmonds or higher...it's a lottery

teams draft to GET PLAYERS LIKE SIMMONDS

he's only 25...Philly is the type of team that can miss the playoffs one year and climb back the next...they don't need a full rebuild and even if they did...why wouldnt Simmonds be part of that? like i said he's only 25

Scott Hartnell on the other hand... that's a trade that would MAKE SENSE FOR PHILLY

so montreal fans, be considerate of both teams' needs when you make a trade ..and stop throwing proposals a la Ryder+Halak+2nd thinking that every fan base out there is dumb
just so you know, this deal was talked about and agreed to by 2 respected Flyer fan posters. so KingPuckChoo, be considerate since both sides are discussing it.

Last edited by IceDaddy: 11-07-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old
11-07-2013, 10:31 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
You mentioned the 2nd becoming the 1st with no mention of the additional 2nd popping in to Montreal's side. I just wanted to clarify that. If you want to add the poison pill in Desharnais, that's an entirely different conversation. A 3rd rounder isn't enough to take on that contract.
i never mentioned a 2nd coming to the habs at all. I think you need ro re-read my posts.

the deal we talked about was Beaulieu and a 2nd for Simmonds. Habs bump the 2nd to a 1st if the Flyers take DD and add a 3rd.

Old
11-07-2013, 10:36 AM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

While having Simmonds on the team and getting rid of Desharnais' contract is great, Markov isn't going to be here forever and I doubt Diaz is re-signed. That would mean our only puck mover down the road would be PK Subban if Beaulieu isn't with the organization.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote