HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barnaby Hoping For More Time

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2003, 01:05 AM
  #1
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Barnaby Hoping For More Time

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

KING is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 12:00 AM
  #2
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Barnaby's Job Status Up In Air

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/6664.htm

KING is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:23 AM
  #3
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
Yep, Barnaby whining already and it's only pre-season.
Saying that he does not play well in a 4-minute a night role is hardly whining. It is the truth. If you are a pest and one of your jobs is to get opponents off their game (something Matty did VERY WELL last year), you need more than one or two shifts to do so. For Matty to drive someone crazy, he needs around 10 minutes or so. It's kind of hard to get pi$$ed at someone who is only out for one shift. Why get mad if you know that the offender is on for his only shift of the game? It's when Barnaby comes at you again and again that one would take a retalation penalty.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:16 AM
  #4
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
Except that's not what he said. What he said was that he can't get emotionally involved in the game if he doesn't get sufficient ice time.
" "I don't think I'm a very good player when I play four, five minutes a night," Barnaby said. "It's not that I don't accept my role, whatever that role may be, but for me to be in the game in an emotional way, it's tough to do that when you don't get many minutes.""

It looks to me like that is exactly what he said. Seems to me that not only did he say what you said he said, but he also said what you claimed he did not say. And is what he said not true? If you are an emotional player and your one of your primary jobs is to get under the skin of the opponent, wouldn't it be a little diffucult to get involved in the game emotinally and pester people into taking penalties when you are on the ice for 3 minutes. I doubt that even Tik could have agitated people if he was on the ice for a few shifts a game.

"So, to me that's saying that if he isn't getting the ice time he deserves, why should he care about giving it his all in the time he is given. Team first? No, I don't think so."

This statement does not make any sense at all. You are twisting something that Barnaby said into something that fits your interpretation of him. And then you are taking that inacurate interpretation as a sign that he is exactly as you portray him. All he said was it is difucult to get emotionally involved if you are playing very few minutes. Where did he say that he is not going to give it his all? I challenge you to find even a handfull of games that Barnaby did not "give it his all". Also I challenge you to find players from last year's team, who are not named either Leetch or Purinton, who played with as much heart and guts as Barnaby did last year.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
  #5
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'If you are a pest and one of your jobs is to get opponents off their game (something Matty did VERY WELL last year),'

Except that's not what he said. What he said was that he can't get emotionally involved in the game if he doesn't get sufficient ice time. So, to me that's saying that if he isn't getting the ice time he deserves, why should he care about giving it his all in the time he is given. Team first? No, I don't think so.

Emotionally involved might be a poor choice of words but he does have a point. If he is going to be effective and be a pest (more or less one in the same when talking about Barnaby) he does need to see the ice. How much can you be a pest from the bench. Also, if you are an opposing player are you really going to be annoyed or taken out of your game by a guy who you might see once or twice a period? What Barnaby does plays out over the course of the game.

Regardless of what he says, he's got a point. He is now stuck behind three guys who weren't even on the team last season. One of which is an enforcer who may or may not enforce. One is a LW who opted not to play for the Rangers last season because he did not like the financial offer. And, one is a guy who produced four goals and ten points fewer than Barnaby. He's got a right to be miffed if you ask me.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 09:52 AM
  #6
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'He's got a right to be miffed if you ask me.'

Team first? Team first. Team first!

One of those guys he's now behind got generally ripped almost daily by the coach yet never complained once and actually took less money to come back to the team that traded him away as a spare part. A second of those players is Sather's gift to his centerpiece. You got a beef, take it up with him. And the third of those players, quite frankly, outplayed Barnaby by miles last night. So who cares whether they were on the team or not last year, it's supposed to be all about who's the best players isn't it.

Oh, and no-hands LaCouture seems to be showing some pretty decent skills the last couple of games, including getting a shot off while being sent flying onto his ass and setting up Barnaby for a no-miss goal by knocking an above the head puck out of the air and onto his stick and then making a perfect tape pass through two players.
Jan Hlavac took less money to sign with the Rangers. Who offered more? And please, the guy has a career to think about. With one foot out of the league he was given a chance to play with a good friend of his where he enjoyed the only success of his career. He was worthless with better teams.

Yeah its about this season. So, you play the loyalty card with Hlavac returning for less money but Barnaby is a selfish cad for wondering why his role has been reduced. Where's the loyalty there? If you think that Chris Simon outplayed last night him that's your opinion. I simply don't agree. Matthew Barnaby outplayed Chris Simon for all of last season.

Team first? Yeah, I agree. And there was no one who embodied that more than Barnaby last season. He took more beatings last year to protect the aforementioned centerpiece and pick up for an indifferent enforcer than one man should be allowed to. Sorry, if given the choice between Barnaby and Simon, I'll take the guy I know.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
  #7
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
"I am? Never once did he use the word effective "

I think that saying, "I don't think I'm a very good player when I play four, five minutes a night,", is just as good as saying "effective".

"But the problem still becomes one of why the eff can't he play with emotion no matter how much time he's given."

Singin' pointed out everything that I could possibly say. Matty's effect is taken over the game AS A WHOLE. Not from 2 shifts in the 1st, one in the 2nd, and none in the 3rd. Take Todd Harvey last year. By midway through the second period, Barnaby got Harvey so much off his game that, even as concussion prone as he is, Harvey dropped the gloves and went after Matty. Let's recall the result was that Harvey took 14 minutes in penalties while Matty took NONE. Similarly he got to one of the Blues "tough guys". The result was a 5 minute PP for the Rangers. That's just 2 examples of why Matty's effectiveness takes part over the course of a game.

"He's a primadonna and what's worse is that he's a mediocre primadonna."

Sorry, I don't see how saying that you are not as effective playing only 4 minutes a game makes you a primadonna. Do you have other examples? Can you show how he is, please?

The fact that it "appears" that the people that Barnaby is fighting for a spot in the top 12 are Simon, Lacoutre, & Petro is an absolute joke. Matty should be on Holik's flank w/ Lundmark on the other one. NO WAY should any of the above 3 be there ahead of Matty.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
  #8
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
"I am? Never once did he use the word effective "

I think that saying, "I don't think I'm a very good player when I play four, five minutes a night,", is just as good as saying "effective".

"But the problem still becomes one of why the eff can't he play with emotion no matter how much time he's given."

Singin' pointed out everything that I could possibly say. Matty's effect is taken over the game AS A WHOLE. Not from 2 shifts in the 1st, one in the 2nd, and none in the 3rd. Take Todd Harvey last year. By midway through the second period, Barnaby got Harvey so much off his game that, even as concussion prone as he is, Harvey dropped the gloves and went after Matty. Let's recall the result was that Harvey took 14 minutes in penalties while Matty took NONE. Similarly he got to one of the Blues "tough guys". The result was a 5 minute PP for the Rangers. That's just 2 examples of why Matty's effectiveness takes part over the course of a game.

"He's a primadonna and what's worse is that he's a mediocre primadonna."

Sorry, I don't see how saying that you are not as effective playing only 4 minutes a game makes you a primadonna. Do you have other examples? Can you show how he is, please?

The fact that it "appears" that the people that Barnaby is fighting for a spot in the top 12 are Simon, Lacoutre, & Petro is an absolute joke. Matty should be on Holik's flank w/ Lundmark on the other one. NO WAY should any of the above 3 be there ahead of Matty.
Yep.

Its also a lousy message to send to your team. When Barnaby got here he was on the verge of being a nothing in this league. He was not an effective player. He took bad penalties, retaliatory penalties and lost his cool more often than he got others to lose theirs. And that's why we got him for Zdeno Ciger.

Since he has come here is has been smart, played hard, stood up for teammates, taken on larger fighters that he had no business being in the ring with, managed to score goals, and, oh yeah, finished as a +9. He did what the team asked him to do: agitate, supply some grit and stay out of the box. The goals and fights were just extras. Doesn't that count for anything?

Primamadonna? Primemadonnas don't go toe to toe with Peter Worrel.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 10:40 AM
  #9
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
One of those guys he's now behind got generally ripped almost daily by the coach yet never complained once and actually took less money to come back to the team that traded him away as a spare part. A second of those players is Sather's gift to his centerpiece. You got a beef, take it up with him. And the third of those players, quite frankly, outplayed Barnaby by miles last night. So who cares whether they were on the team or not last year, it's supposed to be all about who's the best players isn't it.
Are you insinuating that Hlavac took less money from NY ust because he wanted to play here and nowhere else? If Hlavac didn't sign here he'd probably be playing in Prague right now.

How Barnaby as sunk to a borderline 4th liner is beyond be. If he survives a last minute trade and then the waiver draft, my guess is either Rucinsky, Hlavac, and/or Simon will bust. When that happens they better have a fall back position.

kazo is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 11:20 AM
  #10
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
"Carolina. His words."

You could be the ONLY person who thinks that the Rangers had competition for Hlavac. Like him or not, you'd be hardpressed to come up with any evidence of ANY other team showing interest in Jan during the off-season.

"Barnaby has always been a selfish player. Just ask Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Ask me for that matter !!! "

I am asking you. How is he being selfish? I know several Buffalo and Pittsburgh fans and not one of them dislikes Barnaby. As a matter of fact, Buffalo fans always speak glowingly when it comes to Matty. Pens fans are not as quick to blast him either. I don't think that Tampa really counts, but if that is your lone proof, you should obtain something else.

"You don't hear anyone else making grumbling noises (not even Messier) about reduced roles."

Who else has their appearance of their role being reduced? And untill I actually see Messier in a reduced role, I won't actually believe it.

"LaCouture is a young player who has outplayed Barnaby this camp and preseason"

There are 2 schools of thought right there. You claim that Lac has outplayed him. I claim otherwise.

"Barnaby has done this all of his effing career. He hasn't reformed, he hasn't changed and he'll become nothing but a distraction in the locker room if he doesn't get his way. Just like he has always done. "

You have shown absolutely ZERO evidence that the above claim is anything more than your own thoughts.

"The idiot is probably out of options right now (unless the bigger idiot Muckler still wants him) and he still can't suck it up and do what is best for the effing team and not best for Barnaby"

If you think that any of Simon, Petro, or Lac is better for the team than Barnaby, you simply have not been watching.

"He should have been benched or demoted last year during his 2 points for 20+ games stretch on the effing top line and would have been on any team with any depth"

If you start with those who should have been benched, there are lots of other far more viable candidates.

"Read what he's saying, dammit, not what you want him to say!"

Hello pot.....this is the kettle.

"Oh please, besides those 2 games and getting the Islanders riled up, what the hell else did he do in the way of 'pestiness' last year."

I go to a good amount of games. And I can tell you firsthand that there are A LOT of things that you do not see on TV. Practically after EVERY whistle that Barnaby is on the ice, someone took an extra whack at him. Suffice it to say that I (and lots of others) think that Barnaby played that was the great majority of the time.

"Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay"

Great. But other than the fact that those are his former teams, you have still to show how he was 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the lockerroom in ANY of those places. If you are going to make the claims that you are making, then surely you must have more than just your own opinion on what transpired as proof.

"Oh no, that's exactly what they do when they want the damn spotlight. "

Sorry, no dice here. Fighting the likes of Worrell when the Caps were umercifcully running Lindros at every opportunity is not a good example of being a primadonna. Same goes for fighting Sean Brown when he tried to take Messier's head off. How about when he took on Chara in an effort to give the Ragers some life? Or Brashear when he was hitting everything and everyone in sight? Does not sound like a primmadonna to me.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 11:26 AM
  #11
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
PS: Is everyone getting a good laugh out there? I know that you guys love this. Nothing like a good Barnaby or Purinton debate (where are you JR?) to spark up a preseason afternoon.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
  #12
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'Who offered more?'

Carolina. His words.

'but Barnaby is a selfish cad for wondering why his role has been reduced.'

Barnaby has <i>always</i> been a selfish player. Just ask Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Ask me for that matter !!! His role is being reduced because that's what the coach feels is best for the team. Isn't this supposed to be about the team and not about Barnaby. Since Barnaby is making it about himself, publicly I might add (and that's really going to endear him with the resident hockey genius), how does this <b>not</b> make him a selfish player. You don't hear anyone else making grumbling noises (not even Messier) about reduced roles. There's no guarantee that Simon is going to be on the third line and he's been making all the right noises. LaCouture is a young player who has outplayed Barnaby this camp and preseason, is he complaining about what his role is going to be. Barnaby goes to the press as soon as he feels he's been slighted, why the hell is he not talking to Renney and Sather about this rather than crying to the fans? It all comes back to character as I've said all along. Barnaby's is deficient.


'Team first? Yeah, I agree. And there was no one who embodied that more than Barnaby last season.'

OK, what part of 'until he doesn't get the icetime he thinks he deserves' don't you people understand. How the hell can someone who starts sulking as soon as he gets benched for non-performance or discipline or simply because there are better options out there claim to be a <i>team</i> player. Barnaby has done this all of his effing career. He hasn't reformed, he hasn't changed and he'll become nothing but a distraction in the locker room if he doesn't get his way. Just like he has <i>always</i> done. The idiot is probably out of options right now (unless the bigger idiot Muckler still wants him) and he still can't suck it up and do what is best for the effing team and not best for Barnaby. He should have been benched or demoted last year during his 2 points for 20+ games stretch on the effing top line and would have been on any team with any depth. If that had happened, you'd all be clamoring for him to be gone from the team because he's have already gone through his predictable meltdown.

'Matty's effect is taken over the game AS A WHOLE.'

Again, what does effect have to do with playing the game with emotion. How effective was Lundmark getting 4 minutes a game so many times last year yet you bet your ass that he still played with emotion. Read what he's saying, dammit, not what you want him to say!

'That's just 2 examples of why Matty's effectiveness takes part over the course of a game.'

Oh please, besides those 2 games and getting the Islanders riled up, what the hell else did he do in the way of 'pestiness' last year. Considering what <i>every</i> game is like against the Islanders, we don't need Barnaby to start melee's in warmups for emotions to get heated.

'Do you have other examples?'

Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay.

'Primamadonna? Primemadonnas don't go toe to toe with Peter Worrel.'

Oh no, that's exactly what they do when they want the damn spotlight. Exactly how many other players do you know who have their own websites to advertise themselves? No one else would create one so he did it himself. Primadonna, look it up and you'll see a picture of Barnaby.

Assuming you are correct, would you rather play for Carolina or in New York with your friend and with whom you have had the only success of his career? Don't forget, Carolina was the team that made him an UFA in the first place. You can keep bringing up how he was run out of town in the Lindros deal but the fact remains he has been with three teams since and has not been anywhere near the player he was when he was here.

You seem to work off the idea that people can't change. If he was the ******* you claimed he was in Buffalo and Pittsburgh and Tampa it really seems quite logical that he would shape up with his last chance.

And if taking on bigger players who are taking runs at teammates and one, injury prone important one in particular is stealing the spotlight, than I say get Matty his own stage. I'd rather have him hogging the spotlight than letting this team get pushed around.

And please, what does having a website have anything to do with hockey?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:43 AM
  #13
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
Yep, Barnaby whining already and it's only pre-season.
Funny, same thing could be said about you.

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 06:54 AM
  #14
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'You seem to work off the idea that people can't change. If he was the ******* you claimed he was in Buffalo and Pittsburgh and Tampa it really seems quite logical that he would shape up with his last chance.'

Barnaby's the type of guy who's bright but has never had to use his brains. He's got the charm and he's probably gotten by with the charm his whole life. Believe me when I say that it's harder to change that type of person than it is to watch a Ranger's game without cursing at least once.

'And please, what does having a website have anything to do with hockey?'

Never said it did, it does have to do with Barnaby's ego and vanity however.

'Funny, same thing could be said about you.'

Yeah, but I do it gratis. Barnaby gets paid not to do it and still does it.

<i>"He's a coward. He hits from behind. He never fights. He's a joke as a captain in the room. And a lot of guys on that other team share the same feeling. I know that because they told me."</i>

Barnaby talking about an ex-teammate.

Look I understand your points.

First, you're not a Barnaby fan. Fine, just realize that you can't look objectively at him.

Second, you believe that roster spots are earned in training camp and not by what a player did the year before. You feel that LaCouture, Petro and Simon have all outplayed Barnaby (I agree with LaCouture but not the other two). However, by your logic, Brian Leetch would not make the team because he has done nothing in training camp. Does this still hold water?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 07:39 AM
  #15
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
'Second, you believe that roster spots are earned in training camp and not by what a player did the year before. You feel that LaCouture, Petro and Simon have all outplayed Barnaby (I agree with LaCouture but not the other two). However, by your logic, Brian Leetch would not make the team because he has done nothing in training camp. Does this still hold water?'

First off, Petrovicky has not out-played Barnaby from what I've seen and except in the Boston game, Simon probably hasn't shown him up during pre-season either but the point is that these guys are projected most likely as 4th liners. They accept that, if they get a shot at a more important role they do their best but they don't whine about getting 4th line ice time. Barnaby is a 4th liner on most teams, he's proved it all his life. He's not good enough for a scoring line on a decent team and he's not good enough defensively to be given a checking role. LaCouture <i>is</i> at this point in his career, a better defensive player than Barnaby and as a matter of fact I'll say that by the end of the year if Lundmark stays with Holik on the checking line, <i>he'll</i> be a much better defensive player than Barnaby.

On your second point, you can't compare a bubble player like Barnaby to a mainstay like Leetch. You know that as well as I do, nor can you compare the situations. Otoh, if someone like Tjutin had shown up in camp and shined from the beginning, there would be no reason not to make Malakhov win back the job after recovering from injury (except that it's the Rangers we're talking about of course). Barnaby is a role player who can't or won't accept his role, that's always been his history. I could care less about his little (mostly self-made) troubles. He's getting paid a lot of money to play an effing game and if he's beaten out by better players, he needs to accept it. Think Black Aces and then think Barnaby and then think why the hell should you care about his personal soap operas.

I know that my example of Leetch was extreme. And I agree that a player should have to win a job in camp if another player challenges them (your Tyutin-Malakhov example.) However, the difference, IM), is Malakhov did nothing in camp or last season to be a lock for the team. The same is not true about Barnaby.

And, IMO, Barnaby should not be a bubble player on this team. He should be a lock for a spot on one of the top three lines.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 07:55 AM
  #16
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
"Well, Nedved also thinks so. That makes at least two of us. Unfortunately, the Times article that stated this and had Hlavac's quotes has been archived and I'm too cheap to pay for the damn thing."

OK, Nedved said it and you have said it. I have no intention of paying for it, however, I still have not read or seen any tidbit that tells me that Hlavac was as sought after as you claim. And what does Hlavac have to do w/ Barnaby anyway?

"I posted links to no less than four articles from the last 6 years describing how Barnaby started whining in three different cities the moment his ice time was cut. "

Yes, you managed to unearth articles about a player saying that his ice time was cut. Congrats. Big find. I doubt that you can name one player in the entire NHL who does not have an article about him talking about cut ice time (if said player has had his ice time cut). You've yet produce any kind of credible proof that Barnaby is 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the lockerroom in ANY of those places.

"Like who. Dvorak is the only one who had similar ice time with similar periods of drought. Where is he?"

Devo was certainly a candidate to be sat. As was Lindros, Messier, Malacough....practially anyone on the Rangers (aside from Leetch, Nedved & Purinton) deserved to be sat for poor performance before Barnaby should have.

"Yeah, he was really sending a message there wasn't he. "

Nothing to do with sending messages and everything to do with standing up for you teamates.

"He knows he's got the cameras on him. That's his claim to fame as pathetic as it is, mugging it up for the fans. The man is shameless and as transparent as a sixties see-through blouse worn by a flat-chested woman. A lot of self-advertisement but ultimately, nothing to show"

So he only fights becuase there are cameras on him, huh? Time to start watching a little unbiased, don't you think? He is transparent to you, becuase you have it in your head that you have him all figured out. That is your OPINION and you are entitled to it. I have a different OPINION.

"Never said it did, it does have to do with Barnaby's ego and vanity however"

So becuase he has a website, he is an egomaniac? Heck, me and my friends have a website that has all of out pics from when we go out. Does that make us egomaniacs? Barnaby has a fanbase. He has a website so that he can communicate w/ his fans. I guess that every band in the world are similar egomaniacs. As is every company in the world that has a website. As is every sports team in the world that has a website. For that matter, ANYONE that has a website is now an egomaniac.

"He's a coward. He hits from behind. He never fights. He's a joke as a captain in the room. And a lot of guys on that other team share the same feeling. I know that because they told me."

Barnaby talking about an ex-teammate."

So what? And where is this quote from?

"Barnaby is a role player who can't or won't accept his role, that's always been his history"

That's not his history at all. That is nothing but your OPINION.

"then think Barnaby and then think why the hell should you care about his personal soap operas."

From what I can tell the only soap operas he has are the ones that you create for him.

Oh, and one other thing

"On your second point, you can't compare a bubble player like Barnaby to a mainstay like Leetch"

Fine. So if players like Maltby, Draper, or Mcarty were suddenly quied during preseason, their roster spot should be taken away and they should all be exposed to waivers?

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 08:19 AM
  #17
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Aneirin--you know what so funny---you are always the 1st guy whining(gee what a suprise coming from you!) about me and TB going back and forth about the Dale-Bobo issue but yet you do the same if not worse in threads like these in which your going round and round with TB while spitting out the same points over and over.


Why don't you go on and start complaining about yourself in this thread so you can be absolutely perfect in complaining about everything you possibly can on these boards???

JR#9* is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 08:45 AM
  #18
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
Like I said before, is everyone out there getting a good laugh? I recognize that the Dale/Bobo & Barnaby debates are entertaining for all. However, I really would not be debating them if I did not feel that there was a point to be made. Having said that, as always, I am happy to be a source of entertainment for y'all.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 09:35 AM
  #19
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Like I said before, is everyone out there getting a good laugh? I recognize that the Dale/Bobo & Barnaby debates are entertaining for all. However, I really would not be debating them if I did not feel that there was a point to be made. Having said that, as always, I am happy to be a source of entertainment for y'all.
At least nobody can say you don't stick to your beliefs!!

Too bad our daily Dale "debates" the day after a game this yr will not take place unless we're argueing whether or not Dale's dress code was up to par as he sits in the stands at MSG!

JR#9* is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 10:06 AM
  #20
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Too bad our daily Dale "debates" the day after a game this yr will not take place unless we're argueing whether or not Dale's dress code was up to par as he sits in the stands at MSG!
We can always bet on how many Krispy Kremes Bobo consumes in between periods as his play inenevitably deteriorates. Have no fear, JR, we'll be discussing Dale's solid play before too long.

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 11:51 AM
  #21
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
"If Barnaby is not a bubble player on this team, this team can kiss the playoffs goodbye"

Nothing but your opinion. The Rangers are more than capable of being in the playoffs with Barnaby playing on a line w/ Holik & Lundmark.

"He said he had an offer on the table from Carolina, for more money."

And Scott Boras claimed that A-Rod had multiple offers for the $25m that he got from Texas.

"Nope"

Yep. Try again. If you wanted to sit Barnaby when he was not producing, practially anyone else on the team should have been sat first for not producing.

"And which of the 3 do you think would have started bawling?"

Not the person whom you are implying, that's for sure.

"I can read him like a First Grade Reader."

That's great. Again, my judgement of character is NEVER wrong. There, I just elevated Barnaby to the level of unquestionable character.

"Bet you aren't nearly as self-agrandizing as your little darling boy."

Bet he's not nearly as you are attempting to make him out to be.

"He's talking about Peca. Who would you really rather have on your team?"

I actually could care less since Peca is NOT on this team. And nothing Barnaby has said has been detrimental to the Rangers. Asking me whom would I rather have on my team is silly. That's an easy answer. But just becuase I like Purinton, does not mean that I would rather not have Hatcher in his place.

"Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay"

Again, so you claim. However you have yet to produce one iota of proof that Barnaby is 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the lockerroom in ANY of those places.

"That's a good one, TB. Almost as funny as Singn's Leetch scenario comparing Barnaby to these guys. Yeah, right"

Actually, it is right. If used properly, Barnaby is as good a 3rd line role player as any.

"Anyway, I'm right and he's wrong "

Nope. I'm right and you're wrong. Good God, did this really degenerate into such antics?

True Blue is offline  
Old
09-30-2003, 12:04 PM
  #22
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneirin
Anyway, I'm right and he's wrong and I'm gonna prove it if I have to come back and haunt you guys.


So much for a little discourse. Brilliant. Show him what he's won Johnny.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 04:21 AM
  #23
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,805
vCash: 500
Wow, look at how horrible Barnaby is

""I understand that Glen has difficult decisions to make, and I'm not passing judgment on anyone else on the team, but we need to protect Barney," Lindros told The Post, hours before the GM did in fact do just that. "When you talk about a player who has the respect of his teammates and has that respect in this room, you're talking about him.

"Barney is a presence on our team, both on and off the ice. He's always willing to go the extra mile. He's as annoying a player to play against as there is, plus his skills and hockey sense are underrated. I don't think anybody really gets to know Matthew Barnaby as a player or person until they get the chance to be his teammate."

I understand it's not my job to make personnel decisions, and we have a lot of players who have had a good camp, and that's obviously a real plus for the organization, but I'm just saying that Barney is a very important part of this team that I don't think we can afford to lose." "

Quite clearly, Matty is 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the locker room

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 04:52 AM
  #24
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
""I understand that Glen has difficult decisions to make, and I'm not passing judgment on anyone else on the team, but we need to protect Barney," Lindros told The Post, hours before the GM did in fact do just that. "When you talk about a player who has the respect of his teammates and has that respect in this room, you're talking about him.

"Barney is a presence on our team, both on and off the ice. He's always willing to go the extra mile. He's as annoying a player to play against as there is, plus his skills and hockey sense are underrated. I don't think anybody really gets to know Matthew Barnaby as a player or person until they get the chance to be his teammate."

I understand it's not my job to make personnel decisions, and we have a lot of players who have had a good camp, and that's obviously a real plus for the organization, but I'm just saying that Barney is a very important part of this team that I don't think we can afford to lose." "

Quite clearly, Matty is 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the locker room
Beautiful, TB. I hope everyone got your drift.

kazo is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 04:54 AM
  #25
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
""I understand that Glen has difficult decisions to make, and I'm not passing judgment on anyone else on the team, but we need to protect Barney," Lindros told The Post, hours before the GM did in fact do just that. "When you talk about a player who has the respect of his teammates and has that respect in this room, you're talking about him.

"Barney is a presence on our team, both on and off the ice. He's always willing to go the extra mile. He's as annoying a player to play against as there is, plus his skills and hockey sense are underrated. I don't think anybody really gets to know Matthew Barnaby as a player or person until they get the chance to be his teammate."

I understand it's not my job to make personnel decisions, and we have a lot of players who have had a good camp, and that's obviously a real plus for the organization, but I'm just saying that Barney is a very important part of this team that I don't think we can afford to lose." "

Quite clearly, Matty is 1) a primadonna 2) a kiss-ass 3) two-faced 4) a disruption in the locker room
Beautiful, TB. I hope everyone got your drift. How can anyone be more wrong about anything.

kazo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.