HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

How long would it take to brainwash/retool?

Old
11-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Preds101

vCash: 500
How long would it take to brainwash/retool?

I am not to the point yet that Poile/Trotz needs to be let go, but lets say that we get shutout the next 3-7 games(whatever it takes) and management decides that this system isn't working. My question is, how long do you guys think it would take our players to get over the current system since this is all the player's have know, or would it even be possible? Or would we need to go in to a full rebuild and start drafting? Would it take just a season or a couple seasons?

If you want to vote:
http://strawpoll.me/691010

Preds101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Byrddog

With the current contracts 4 years.
http://www.capgeek.com/predators/

It will be near impossible to find a GM to take Stall Berg, Hendricks contract, and as much as I like Gosse his contract is bad. It would require moving Weber and or Rinne for offensive assets since those are the only players with the collateral to land a top six type long term signed player. This season thus is proof that relying on larger group of young players s not the answer.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:42 PM
hockey diva

Moving Rinne or Weber for a top six forward leaves another hole to fill.

We need a change in GM and coach. And replace some scouts with guys who can find forwards who can put the puck in the net.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:24 AM
thecloser

i thought no one would take scott hannan last year but he got us a 7th round pick. As laughable as that may be. I think Hendricks could be sold for a 6th or 7th. The contract is absolutely atrocious though.

Also, I don't think it's time to sell Stalberg yet. He needs to have a different coach though. And I think Cullen could be sold at the deadline or possibly early and get a player back. Ultimately, we need a change at coach. You cannot continue to sit with a coach that has been at the same place for 15 years and gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs ONE time.

New coach, new GM and blow it up.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 03:33 PM
dubgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i thought no one would take scott hannan last year but he got us a 7th round pick. As laughable as that may be. I think Hendricks could be sold for a 6th or 7th. The contract is absolutely atrocious though.

Also, I don't think it's time to sell Stalberg yet. He needs to have a different coach though. And I think Cullen could be sold at the deadline or possibly early and get a player back. Ultimately, we need a change at coach. You cannot continue to sit with a coach that has been at the same place for 15 years and gotten past the 1st round of the playoffs ONE time.

New coach, new GM and blow it up.
Lucky for Trotz he's done it twice.

dubgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 05:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubgeek View Post
Lucky for Trotz he's done it twice.
Why let reality get in the way of a complaint?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:15 AM
codeman00

I think its interesting that when Wilson and Stalberg had their best game, Wilson noted that "Trotz wouldn't like they style they were playing but they having a lot of fun out there". It just makes me think that its the system that is holding the offense back....not the players. We've had the same system for years and the offense has always seemed to be worse than most.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote