HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose David Desharnais thread (post-Pressbox edition)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habalifeok View Post
The manner in which DD is being crucified by Montreal fans is almost laughable.Pencil in the lineup anyway you want but DD's caphit is still there.
Do you not think Bergevin is trying his best to trade DD for a player with an expiring contract? I think DD for a Hemsky straight up would be great. The 1.5 million difference for this year would be manageable.
Its not about this year anyway. Montreal is still a few years away from being a contender.
But DD in Montreal isnt gonna work and its up to management to move him.
Well yeah, that trade looks great from Montreal perspective.. but why in the world would the Oilers do that? They are already bad right now and you think they would add a midget that cost 3.5M$ with 1pt in 17 games?

Old
11-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Frankenheimer

That's actually not a bad strategy. We should look for the absolute worst expiring contract on the market and trade DD+ for it. Only one year of pain instead of four.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
JLP
Refugee

Talking points for MB when shopping DD:

1. Had a friggin' 60 point season!
2. Just needs a change of scenery to thrive again!
3. Habs this season with DD: 9-6 (667%). Without DD: 0-2 (000%)!
4. Faceoff warrior!
5. Lost weight so he's faster than ever!
6. "We may consider moving him"
7. Bilingual!
8. Hot girlfriend!

Old
11-13-2013, 12:45 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
That's actually not a bad strategy. We should look for the absolute worst expiring contract on the market and trade DD+ for it. Only one year of pain instead of four.
which is exactly why no one on the other side of that trade would do it

Old
11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
sheed36

Who sits so MT can play his little buddy DD when Prust returns and everyone's healthy? White?

Old
11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
MXD

Humm....

Moen - White - Parros
or
Moen - DD - White/Parros for next game?

(Dumont being sent down kindof implies one of DD/Parros plays, unless Prust is ready a little faster than we expect)

Old
11-13-2013, 01:56 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Who sits so MT can play his little buddy DD when Prust returns and everyone's healthy? White?
To be honest.... White floats a bit more than I'd like him to this season.

But DD on the 4th means a 4th with no purpose whatsoever.

Old
11-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
To be honest.... White floats a bit more than I'd like him to this season.

But DD on the 4th means a 4th with no purpose whatsoever.
White has been useless since Therrien tamed him.
He's another guy I'm very displeased with how he's been handled.

For so many years we kept hearing how much we need a guy that won't be scared to stick up for his teammates no matter what. A guy that won't have to ''send a fax'' before dropping the gloves. A guy that will send a message to whoever does something to our guys.
White did just that. It didn't matter if it was Ott or Fleischmann, you throw a questionable hit, expect to get pounded away.

So what did our super coach do when White stuck up for his teammates?? He publicly threw him under the bus, humiliated him with his ''I told him once, I told him twice..'', scratched him, changed his game entirely to the point where White is scared to throw a hit, has made him completely useless and unrecognizable at this point.

I'm so disappointed with how we've handled this guy. We had a guy that usually averaged 3 hits per game, drop to 2 a game and now down to barely 1 a game.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:53 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
White has been useless since Therrien tamed him.
He's another guy I'm very displeased with how he's been handled.

For so many years we kept hearing how much we need a guy that won't be scared to stick up for his teammates no matter what. A guy that won't have to ''send a fax'' before dropping the gloves. A guy that will send a message to whoever does something to our guys.
White did just that. It didn't matter if it was Ott or Fleischmann, you throw a questionable hit, expect to get pounded away.

So what did our super coach do when White stuck up for his teammates?? He publicly threw him under the bus, humiliated him with his ''I told him once, I told him twice..'', scratched him, changed his game entirely to the point where White is scared to throw a hit, has made him completely useless and unrecognizable at this point.

I'm so disappointed with how we've handled this guy. We had a guy that usually averaged 3 hits per game, drop to 2 a game and now down to barely 1 a game.
was useless way before MT became Habs HC.

Old
11-14-2013, 01:21 AM
DAChampion

White was never a genuine asset imo.

Old
11-14-2013, 03:02 AM
JLP
Refugee

Wow now we're dissing White. Maybe he's struggled because he's played in a different position with different linemates pretty well every game this season?

I see that White plays with more heart and effort than most guys, always sticks up for the team. He's also a lightning rod for the cheap crap after whistles, I'd rather him mouthing off and mixing it up than Plekanec. Good on faceoffs and the pk.

I love White centering the 4th. IMHO once the line stabilizes (something like Moen - White - Prust/Parros) it will have an identity and an important role and should be effective. Go White ! Go Habs !! Go (away) DD !!!

Old
11-14-2013, 06:50 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
People dissing White forget the softness our 4th line used to have..

Old
11-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

We diss White because the team is losing game after game and people don't want to blame any of the "fan favourites."

As for DD - send him down already. See if he can rip up the AHL, gain some confidence, and come back later in the year. It's the only way he will maybe be able to reinvent himself.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
was useless way before MT became Habs HC.
At least he checked more, which provided some energy to our 4th line. Now he's just skating around hoping not to make a mistake.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
We diss White because the team is losing game after game and people don't want to blame any of the "fan favourites."

As for DD - send him down already. See if he can rip up the AHL, gain some confidence, and come back later in the year. It's the only way he will maybe be able to reinvent himself.
Everybody on this team except the EGG line-PK-Markov-Plekanec-Bourny-Price has under performed. They're the reason we're not sitting next to Buffalo.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:23 AM
MXD

Quote:
Everybody on this team except the EGG line-PK-Markov-Plekanec-Bourny-Price has under performed. They're the reason we're not sitting next to Buffalo.
Eller has underperformed for quite a stretch as well.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Still, he's producing at a similar pace as last season while getting tougher match ups, that's a good thing to me. They'll have their bad stretches. Gallagher and Galchenyuk have also had some down moments but I can fairly say I'm satisfied with all three of these guys 19 games in.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:49 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
At least he checked more, which provided some energy to our 4th line. Now he's just skating around hoping not to make a mistake.
a useles player who hit is still a useless player.

Old
11-14-2013, 07:49 AM
MXD

Quote:
Still, he's producing at a similar pace as last season while getting tougher match ups, that's a good thing to me. They'll have their bad stretches. Gallagher and Galchenyuk have also had some down moments but I can fairly say I'm satisfied with all three of these guys 19 games in.
Let's just say Eller makes a commendable job at being the lesser player on his line.

Old
11-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
a useles player who hit is still a useless player.
Well, a useless players that hits, fights, wins face-offs, plays on the PK, blocks shots is not THAT useless, espescially for a 4th liner.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:32 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Well not the supposed minority fault if the supposed majority isn't doing anything. You have to think that if the majority would feel that going with franco management is so detrimental to the greatness of their team, that they'd stopped being silent...
I am not going to get involved beyond this post, but that is marginal WS. This is not voting for parliament. Habs fans do not vote. Nor can they. Nor should they. Bringing voting and protest into this question is not fair. And not like you either. There may be a majority that is unhappy, but they will not stop loving Habs.

You want my opinion? I want good French management, coaching and players. Not ****** substitutes. That comes from watching Serge Savard play live, and also manage the team pretty damn well later on.

We need the right french talent, and Habs should work damn hard to find it, and develop it. Habs are not doing that. That is what pisses me off.

I think Guy Boucher ends up with Habs. And that will be a good start.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Let's just say Eller makes a commendable job at being the lesser player on his line.
A lesser player who does all the heavy lifting on the defensive side of things and still generates 2 shots a game playing the role less expected to shoot.

As far as White goes...he's disappearing far too much this year, but he hasn't been USELESS...I don't like him at C. I think he is more effective as a winger where he can think less. We probably should have brought Halpern back if they don't think Dumont will make it.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:50 AM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
No, not really. Even when they weren't scoring, they had lots of chances and Eller is the main reason why that line isn't a time bomb in it's own zone. And again, this is mostly against tougher competition than he or his linemates have faced yet.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I am not going to get involved beyond this post, but that is marginal WS. This is not voting for parliament. Habs fans do not vote. Nor can they. Nor should they. Bringing voting and protest into this question is not fair. And not like you either. There may be a majority that is unhappy, but they will not stop loving Habs.

You want my opinion? I want good French management, coaching and players. Not ****** substitutes. That comes from watching Serge Savard play live, and also manage the team pretty damn well later on.

We need the right french talent, and Habs should work damn hard to find it, and develop it. Habs are not doing that. That is what pisses me off.

I think Guy Boucher ends up with Habs. And that will be a good start.
I dunno about Boucher. You remember the "delay of game" moment between the Flyers and Bolts? I don't want to see 30 minutes of ugly trap hockey.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Andy

Not a fan of White, he'll do for now, but I would like to see the Canadiens eventually upgrade the 4th line centre position.

Closed Thread