HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible trade proposal thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2014, 02:31 AM
  #501
predshabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lyles,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Okay, then. Here's my take:

Poile should sit down with Leggy, before the former heads to Sochi, and ask him and his agent if they intend to re-sign with Nashville - and, if so, for how much. If the answer to the first is no, then Poile needs to pick up the phone and start making some calls - even while he's on the way to Sochi, if he has to - and ship him.

If the answer to the first is "yes", but he's asking for more money or a longer deal - well, he's got to get the FO on board with it. Only he can decide if he's worth it - but he has got to make it known (before he's traded off to wherever) that David wanted to stay here.

If he answers "yes" and his terms are reasonable... SIGN HIM. If he's wavering, promise him the you-know-what in the rafters if you have to.

And there you go.
I am for trading Legwand and Cullen. Maybe ask Fisher if he wants a cup run if he is going to retire like it is being rumored and reported he is thinking about it.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 02:34 AM
  #502
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 132
JW you have been around this game and team as long as I have. And I believe if DP was planning on re-signing him it would be done. I further do not think DP will allow Leggy to test the FA market, if he has not shown willingness to sign on an agreed dollar amount by this point hes gonna be moved for an asset. GMDP can't lose face again as he did with $uter.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 02:47 AM
  #503
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
I am still in favor of trading Weber for a really good package and see where we are from there. I also believe Wilson and Smith are not an option as a top line Center nor are they top line wingers as of now although both could be with the right Center. It seems our team is built aroun potential on offense.
Im with you but we just added another potential to the blueline, so the price of Weber just went thru the roof. If people thought before that it would gut a team to get Weber now its going to be even higher.

Now im a firm believer that a team can not have two Norris contenders as well thus I was not too upset at Suters loss with the exception he walked and we received nothing in return. So A decision will have to be made at some point is our guy Jones or Weber. That decision does not have to be made right now but it is coming. So does the GM pull the trigger moving Weber and rebuild the offense now or hold tight? I have to think right now that the price of Weber is a elite sniper with a signed longterm contract also a center prospect that will play first line SOON within two years a veteran dman for the second paring and a 1st round pick. Yes that's a load but that's gonna be the price before he is moved.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:18 AM
  #504
wentz22
Registered User
 
wentz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Im with you but we just added another potential to the blueline, so the price of Weber just went thru the roof. If people thought before that it would gut a team to get Weber now its going to be even higher.

Now im a firm believer that a team can not have two Norris contenders as well thus I was not too upset at Suters loss with the exception he walked and we received nothing in return. So A decision will have to be made at some point is our guy Jones or Weber. That decision does not have to be made right now but it is coming. So does the GM pull the trigger moving Weber and rebuild the offense now or hold tight? I have to think right now that the price of Weber is a elite sniper with a signed longterm contract also a center prospect that will play first line SOON within two years a veteran dman for the second paring and a 1st round pick. Yes that's a load but that's gonna be the price before he is moved.
Just an Opinion but do you really have to choose between Weber and Jones? This is Webers team, in 10 years when weber is 38-39 He'll be at the end of his career and then it will be Jones time to take over as just a 29yr old in him prime.

wentz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 07:01 AM
  #505
predshabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lyles,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentz22 View Post
Just an Opinion but do you really have to choose between Weber and Jones? This is Webers team, in 10 years when weber is 38-39 He'll be at the end of his career and then it will be Jones time to take over as just a 29yr old in him prime.
It is not the choice that matters in my opinion. It is our need for some actual top line players on this team, we might have two on this roster and in Minors, Hornqvist and Forsberg. Wilson probably would be better as a second line LW.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:26 AM
  #506
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson and Legwand are both moved.

Those are the next two targets for Poile IMO.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
  #507
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson and Legwand are both moved.

Those are the next two targets for Poile IMO.
I'd be pretty shocked if Wilson was moved for anything other than part of a package for a proven top-line forward.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 11:22 AM
  #508
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
JW you have been around this game and team as long as I have. And I believe if DP was planning on re-signing him it would be done. I further do not think DP will allow Leggy to test the FA market, if he has not shown willingness to sign on an agreed dollar amount by this point hes gonna be moved for an asset. GMDP can't lose face again as he did with $uter.
Leggy has a NTC, right? So then it's not GMDPs call on Leggy testing the FA market?

However, I also believe that's not gonna' happen; one of those 3 Cs has got to be moved, because Wilson or Watson has got to be centering one of the lines next year, if not 2 of them.

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2014, 06:06 PM
  #509
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
I do not think this team is competitive enough to be a playoff force as constructed. Even with a healthy Rinne, we are a bubble playoff team. This hot streak comes at a time where we were far out of the race, and have now just climbed back into the, "It isn't impossible" realm or "If so and so keeps losing..."

This likely means very little tweaking, and/or trading for a player (see rental) to bolster lineup.

Any rentals are a mistake at this point.

Hockey trades are always welcome.

I am an advocate of trading off pieces, if necessary, at the deadline if we are still as far out as we are currently.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
  #510
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
i think we could see legwand traded to edmonton for gagner.

i'd like to see wilson + small piece to edmonton for david perron.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:25 PM
  #511
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i think we could see legwand traded to edmonton for gagner.

i'd like to see wilson + small piece to edmonton for david perron.
Legwand isn't going to waive his NTC to go to Edmonton.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 08:35 PM
  #512
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i think we could see legwand traded to edmonton for gagner.

i'd like to see wilson + small piece to edmonton for david perron.
Why would Edmonton want Legwand?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2014, 09:20 PM
  #513
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
i think we could see legwand traded to edmonton for gagner.

i'd like to see wilson + small piece to edmonton for david perron.
Might as well just keep Legwand. He's a better player in probably every facet of the game than Gagner.

Perron is a much better winger than Wilson at this point, don't see why Edmonton does that unless it's a pretty big small piece.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.