HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

Old
11-11-2013, 07:00 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It would be aggressively idiotic to have traded JVR for a guy they end up trading 65 games later.
it would also have to be the final nail for Holmgren, selling Schenn at an all time low

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:00 PM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
This pisses me off beyond belief if true.
“They thought Van Riemsdyk was a little soft,”

Yeah, that's because he was...

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
http://thehockeywriters.com/struggli...alking-trades/

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
FlyingPhilly

Holmgren may have made the worst trade of his tenure when he decided to deal JVR for LSchenn. Meh, what's done is done.

I would not care about players being traded for, then traded away a little while later. If it makes the team better, I would do it with no issue. I see no reason to keep LSchenn around if he can be used in a trade package to bring back a better player. I don't view his ceiling as high as most of the people here, so that is probably why I have less issue with it.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Edmonton fans really really over rate a package yak would get them in a trade. Seguin got a nice return, but was a much more proven player. The packages they expect for him are somewhat comical

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I would not care about players being traded for, then traded away a little while later. If it makes the team better, I would do it with no issue. I see no reason to keep LSchenn around if he can be used in a trade package to bring back a better player. I don't view his ceiling as high as most of the people here, so that is probably why I have less issue with it.
If you can make the team better sure but it sounds like they're just trying to trade him for the sake of trading him because of a down year & his current contract.

It's become a very Flyers like thing to do as of late.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Edmonton fans really really over rate a package yak would get them in a trade. Seguin got a nice return, but was a much more proven player. The packages they expect for him are somewhat comical
Hopefully their FO feels the same because I want zero parts of Yakupov playing here.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Winston Wolf

Holmgren better be all over Yakupov if the Oilers are open to moving him. If they can get him for the Schenns or something around Simmonds or Coburn, that would immediately fill the need of a real deal scoring winger.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Citing a THW story is akin to citing a post on HF

Quote:
Honestly, I really think Yakupov would be a fine target. This isn't the first time a young player didn't instantly perform on a young team. He's still an unbelievable talent and if he can be had for a package like Simmonds + Coburn, that's a steal.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:22 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
If you can make the team better sure but it sounds like they're just trying to trade him for the sake of trading him because of a down year & his current contract.

It's become a very Flyers like thing to do as of late.
I definitely agree with that. I would have definitely traded the Schenns for Seguin this past summer if that deal really was being discussed. That isn't hindsight either, my opinion on both Schenns have remained the same since the beginning of last season.

Quote:
Hopefully their FO feels the same because I want zero parts of Yakupov playing here.
I wouldn't mind getting Yak, but only if the chances of him leaving are less than 0%. That risk is real though and factored with the cost to get him, no thanks.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:28 PM
SuchySays

Yakupov.. how about no.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:28 PM
MP92

Quote:
I'd like to have him depending on what we'd have to give up. I still think the kid is going to be a future Rocket Richard winner and we're a team who doesn't have a legit sniper.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Prongo
Beer

I think Coburn+Simmonds is actually too much

Quote:
Seguin, Rich Peverley, and Ryan Button to Dallas for Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser.
Now Seguin, an extremely talented center(playing it in Dallas) got Eriksson, prospect that has now been traded twice in the last three year(I believe), Don't know who Reilly Smith is and Matt Fraser. I am not at all high on Joe Morrow, and it seems like Dallas wasn't either. Seguin is more established and a better player than yak right now, cup champ, and also a top 2 pick in the draft. I would say Yak is slightly lower value than him. Also, Seguin had a good player Peverely coming back with him. This would be something I expect, and Pevs helped clear cap space for Boston as well.

So basically, a roster player(Simmonds) plus a b prospect(Maybe Ghost or Cousins, depends on what Oilers prefer and think of those names. I am actually very high on Ghost) and another prospect or pick.

Maybe something like Simmonds+L.Schenn+Nick Cousins for Yak+Ryan Jones(Maybe a Nick Shultz type player)

That would be around what I would offer.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I'd like to have him depending on what we'd have to give up. I still think the kid is going to be a future Rocket Richard winner and we're a team who doesn't have a legit sniper.
I don't know, he has the talent but his attitude is pretty questionable & I just don't see him going for a low price neither.

I could see Edmonton playing chicken with him & him bolting over to the KHL to wait it out.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:41 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Smid is better than Coburn

Having Coburn on this team playing over 20 minutes a night is one of the reasons why we're in the shape we are in right now
Absolute nonsense ! not scoring goals is 80 % of our troubles, most games have been close with us only scoring how many goals a game ? Our D is not great certainly, but if we start scoring we will win games......Mason has been brilliant as well .

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:49 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I think he wrote the article

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Winston Wolf

There's no reason to question Yakupov's attitude. According to the Oilers' board, he's basically been shut out of the locker room clique of Hall, Eberle, and some of the other young Oilers.

Any agent would be pissed if their client went first overall, led his team in goalscoring in his rookie year, then was forced to play with Ryan Smyth and Luke Gazdic the next year, all while being benched and scratched.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
There's no reason to question Yakupov's attitude. According to the Oilers' board, he's basically been shut out of the locker room clique of Hall, Eberle, and some of the other young Oilers.

Any agent would be pissed if their client went first overall, led his team in goalscoring in his rookie year, then was forced to play with Ryan Smyth and Luke Gazdic the next year, all while being benched and scratched.
He has nobody to blame but himself for that, when you basically tell the media you don't want to backcheck or play without the puck that usually lands you in the doghouse.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-11-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old
11-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
He has nobody to blame but himself for that, when you basically tell the media you don't want to backcheck or play without the puck that usually lands you in the doghouse.
I would never read too much into quotes from any 19 year old player, let alone a Russian one who may not have mastered English yet.

Having said that, his basic premise is spot on. Eakins has been putting him out there in a shutdown role with Ryan Smyth against top players, like Ovechkin and Kessel's line. He's not that type of player and never will be. He already led the team in goalscoring last year; Eakins trying to play games with him is ridiculous.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post

Honestly, I really think Yakupov would be a fine target. This isn't the first time a young player didn't instantly perform on a young team. He's still an unbelievable talent and if he can be had for a package like Simmonds + Coburn, that's a steal.
Panther fan inquiring about Simmonds.

How would you guys evaluate this proposal:

Wayne Simmonds
Hal Gill

Tomas Fleishmann
2014 2nd round pick
Colby Robak

We get a gritty and tough Simmonds who can hit, fight and score. We need help on the RW depth chart in a big way. We get Hal Gill to balance out the limited cap space you guys have and Hal can bring leadership to our shaky young d-core.

You guys get Fleischmann who has proven offensive production and still has gas in the tank at age 29. The 2nd rounder gives you guys a chance to choose 3 players in the top 50 in this year's draft which is in Philly as you know. Colby Robak is a decent prospect developing in the AHL bringing size and grit at the young maturing age of 23.

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Panther fan inquiring about Simmonds.

How would you guys evaluate this proposal:

Wayne Simmonds
Hal Gill

Tomas Fleishmann
2014 2nd round pick
Colby Robak

We get a gritty and tough Simmonds who can hit, fight and score. We need help on the RW depth chart in a big way. We get Hal Gill to balance out the limited cap space you guys have and Hal can bring leadership to our shaky young d-core.

You guys get Fleischmann who has proven offensive production and still has gas in the tank at age 29. The 2nd rounder gives you guys a chance to choose 3 players in the top 50 in this year's draft which is in Philly as you know. Colby Robak is a decent prospect developing in the AHL bringing size and grit at the young maturing age of 23.
At first glance/thought, that's not bad.

11-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
At first glance/thought, that's not bad.
I'd definitely do that trade, as well.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

I'd hate to give Simmer up but I think I'd do that trade. Colby Robak would fit in nicely with the team going forward.

A d-core of:
Morin-Hagg
Schenn-Gus
Robak-Ghost

would be pretty nice, lots of potential. In a couple years when guys like Morin, Hagg and Ghost will be looking to make the just, Gus and Schenn will be the oldest at 26.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I would never read too much into quotes from any 19 year old player, let alone a Russian one who may not have mastered English yet.

Having said that, his basic premise is spot on. Eakins has been putting him out there in a shutdown role with Ryan Smyth against top players, like Ovechkin and Kessel's line. He's not that type of player and never will be. He already led the team in goalscoring last year; Eakins trying to play games with him is ridiculous.
I don't see other 19 year olds (even foreign ones at that) dumb enough to say something along those lines in public. It's definitely a potential red flag.

He also leads the Oilers in offensive zone starts & still up to this point his most frequent linemates were RNH & Eberle so it's not like he's been getting the **** end of the stick for linemates most of the season.

Here's some tweets backing up my claims:
Quote:
On Yakupov's agent, if the guy has a high scoring rate/60, or just insane defensive usage, he'd have a gripe but he needs to play better.
Quote:
Yakupov is getting PP minutes and a ton of offensive zone starts. Should a team bleeding L's play a guy whose been average more?
Quote:
Yakupov's an elite talent. But he's not getting a raw deal.
Source: Corey Pronman @coreypronman

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-12-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Krishna

Quote:
I think Coburn+Simmonds is actually too much

Now Seguin, an extremely talented center(playing it in Dallas) got Eriksson, prospect that has now been traded twice in the last three year(I believe), Don't know who Reilly Smith is and Matt Fraser. I am not at all high on Joe Morrow, and it seems like Dallas wasn't either. Seguin is more established and a better player than yak right now, cup champ, and also a top 2 pick in the draft. I would say Yak is slightly lower value than him. Also, Seguin had a good player Peverely coming back with him. This would be something I expect, and Pevs helped clear cap space for Boston as well.

So basically, a roster player(Simmonds) plus a b prospect(Maybe Ghost or Cousins, depends on what Oilers prefer and think of those names. I am actually very high on Ghost) and another prospect or pick.

Maybe something like Simmonds+L.Schenn+Nick Cousins for Yak+Ryan Jones(Maybe a Nick Shultz type player)

That would be around what I would offer.
Reilly smith is a good prospect

6'0 and maybe 190 pounds. He's got a good shot and underrated passing abilities. He's not a fan of playing gritty hockey. He's got average to slightly above average skating and is somewhat soft. So far this year he's put up 2 goals and 9 assists in 17 games

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote