HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Snider on struggling Flyers: 'Never seen anything like this'

Old
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
just the money and length of the contract. thats it?
oh well its just hindsight right?

imagine if they traded Hartnell instead of Richards. where would we be?
The Carter trade was a good hockey trade. the jury is still out if the Richards deal is a win or even even deal for the Flyers right now. The way they talk about Richards on the Kings board they are pretty ecstatic over Richards right now.
the Flyers needed to move salary to get Bryzgalov signed. it was going to take moving more then just a couple of minor pieces to get it done. They were right up against the cap as always.
I would take Richards over Simmonds and Schenn. 10 times out of 10.
I thought I remember moving Carter alone got them under the cap for Bryz to get signed.

11-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Firehockey

vCash: 500
In my mind snider sounds exactly like Mr. Burns from the simpsons, I can hear burns voice every time I read a snider quote

Firehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I thought I remember moving Carter alone got them under the cap for Bryz to get signed.
i think that was the case but I am not 100 percent sure on that due to the Voracek contract. i think he was making 1.3 per then.
other then the Carter trade that was a situation I would love to have back. I would love to hit the reset button. Yes again they needed a goalie but it was just a mind boggling not well thought out plan.
but oh well, it didnt work out so its just hindsight.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:01 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehockey View Post
In my mind snider sounds exactly like Mr. Burns from the simpsons, I can hear burns voice every time I read a snider quote
Exactly! This coming from a guy(Snider) that struggles to take a s**t every morning.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:13 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

The fish rots from the head down.....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Hiesenberg

Maybe when Snider goes (dies) the Flyers will get passed along like the Panthers/Coyotes/Jets, then I can read about all the people *****ing about not having steady ownership.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Maybe when Snider goes (dies) the Flyers will get passed along like the Panthers/Coyotes/Jets, then I can read about all the people *****ing about not having steady ownership.
or maybe Lukko and Comcast will see what a fresh perspective can mean for an organization like what Hinkie and the Sixers ownership so far are showing. I can see the Sixers strategy..I'm still confused about that of the Flyers

Old
11-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
or maybe Lukko and Comcast will see what a fresh perspective can mean for an organization like what Hinkie and the Sixers ownership so far are showing. I can see the Sixers strategy..I'm still confused about that of the Flyers
Hinkie hasn't done a frigging anything but obviously tank. For all you know they'll be a last place team for 10 years.

There is a HUGE risk when you pull those cards. I would never want to support a team that openly trades all of its best players to try to get a #1 pick.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:31 PM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

Quote:
Hinkie hasn't done a frigging anything but obviously tank. For all you know they'll be a last place team for 10 years.

There is a HUGE risk when you pull those cards. I would never want to support a team that openly trades all of its best players to try to get a #1 pick.
You discount what he did with the Rockets which was help get them competitive in pretty short order.

With the Sixers he had one tradeable true asset and he leveraged it really well already. I think you are minimizing the guy's abilities and not looking at the whole picture. I doubt they suck for the next 10 years at all. Dude had nothing to work with anyway so really he didn't set in motion a tank (that tank was already set in motion with the botched Bynum trade) and already you see a good plan taking shape. I trust in Hinkie...you should too..

Old
11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Why would Comcast give up on the Flyers?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Yeh, pretty sure it did, or at least put them extremely close so some smaller ancillary moves would have sorted it out.

The Richards & Carter moves were not exactly 100% hockey related though, pretty sure most people can agree to that. (albeit in varying degrees of how much other factors played a part.)

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:59 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Yeh, pretty sure it did, or at least put them extremely close so some smaller ancillary moves would have sorted it out.

The Richards & Carter moves were not exactly 100% hockey related though, pretty sure most people can agree to that. (albeit in varying degrees of how much other factors played a part.)
My thought at the time was that Homer needed to do one, shopped both and was overwhelmed by both deals and just went for it. I am not sure it was always planned to move both. This is just pure speculation, but it fits Homer's gambler's personality.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote