HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Game #17 - 11.09.13 - vs Chicago - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
  #326
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Honest question - can anyone point anything out that is to blame for the awful PP? Are we doing anything wrong or is there something we should be doing that we're not? Personally I think a lot of it is personnel issues. No good PP QB.
I blame Zubov. He shouldn't have left us. It's the Curse of the Great Russian Zubie

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:31 PM
  #327
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Honest question - can anyone point anything out that is to blame for the awful PP? Are we doing anything wrong or is there something we should be doing that we're not? Personally I think a lot of it is personnel issues. No good PP QB.
One thing that makes zero sense is Chiasson being on the 2nd unit. He was one of the positive spots on the PP early in the season, and all of his production came up on the top unit.

Makes no sense Peverley has taken his spot with Seguin and Benn. They need to correct that right away.

Horcoff on the PP hasn't done much of anything. He has the one goal, but he's invisible outside of that.

Benn and Seguin are creating chances but seem snake bitten. The personnel decisions are questionable though. Goligoski taking over for Gonchar though does seem to be a good call ... not giving Dillon a shot is questionable at best though.

So yeah ... there are issues that aren't being addressed IMO.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  #328
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,910
vCash: 500
I don't even know if it's the personnel, the units that get sent out just aren't in sync. Not sure why.

They also have no threat from the point, which makes it easy to defend. Need KConn in there.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:51 PM
  #329
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
I don't even know if it's the personnel, the units that get sent out just aren't in sync. Not sure why.

They also have no threat from the point, which makes it easy to defend. Need KConn in there.
Got to think he gets a look when the conditioning assignment is over.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:11 PM
  #330
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Got to think he gets a look when the conditioning assignment is over.
Who would they scratch? Goli again Id assume but he has been looking a little better.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
  #331
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Who would they scratch? Goli again Id assume but he has been looking a little better.
They experimented with 7 D in practice. I could see that happening.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:20 PM
  #332
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
They experimented with 7 D in practice. I could see that happening.
they might as well. i have been particularly impressed with the play of garbutt or roussel

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:58 PM
  #333
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
I'm not saying Horcoff is great on the PP or that there's necessarily a correlation (though there very well could be) but the oilers' PP has been pretty good the passed couple seasons with Horcoff in front of the net, 3rd in 2012 and 8th overall last season. Now they're currently ranked 21st. Still, it's been better than ours so I don't know if Horcoff is necessarily a PP juggernaut responsible for making or breaking it for either team. Just interesting that Edmonton's was one of the best but is now one of the worst without him.

Suppose you'd look at which unit is responsible for the most goals and which is responsible for dragging the overall % down.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  #334
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,910
vCash: 500
Horcoff is fine as a net presence guy on the second unit, Nich would make more sense though if you just need a body in front. Chiasson should be the net presence on the first.

My ideal PPs would be:

Benn-Seguin-Chiasson
Goligoski-Connauton

Whitney-Eakin-Nich
Gonchar-Peverley.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:01 PM
  #335
aloonda
fear the rooster
 
aloonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Texas
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Horcoff is fine as a net presence guy on the second unit, Nich would make more sense though if you just need a body in front. Chiasson should be the net presence on the first.

My ideal PPs would be:

Benn-Seguin-Chiasson
Goligoski-Connauton

Whitney-Eakin-Nich
Gonchar-Peverley.

agreed

aloonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.