HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART IX

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Sammy225

vCash: 500
Sorry i have not stopped by to let you know about Pulock. Has not really been as dominate as in previous years. From what i have heard he has been dealing with a few nagging things but nothing serious. Hopefully the off time over xmas gave him some much needed to time to rest. Last night he looked real solid on the power play and even strength. His goal was just great awareness and knowing when to jump into the play. He is young and still has a lot to learn but he is still a very very promising for you guys.

Hope you guys have a Great Holidays.

Old
12-28-2013, 11:00 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
Sorry i have not stopped by to let you know about Pulock. Has not really been as dominate as in previous years. From what i have heard he has been dealing with a few nagging things but nothing serious. Hopefully the off time over xmas gave him some much needed to time to rest. Last night he looked real solid on the power play and even strength. His goal was just great awareness and knowing when to jump into the play. He is young and still has a lot to learn but he is still a very very promising for you guys.

Thanks Sammy, your contributions are always appreciated. Happy Holidays to you as well.

The Isles don't really rush their d-men prospects so he'll get AHL time next year. We could really use him on the PP, that shot too.

Old
12-28-2013, 12:59 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post

Thank you for the write up. I wonder is there any sense of complacency? Not saying Pulock stopped trying to improve his game. However, the kid has been ascending for a little while leading up to the draft and cooled off after being drafted.

I also hear that the team around him isn't as good either which could be a factor. Either way thank you for the write up.

Old
12-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Degeneration Rex

Loic Leduc has been traded from Cape Breton to Rimouski for a second round pick.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 12-28-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old
12-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quebec 5, Rimouski 4-Leduc, - 2.
Windsor 4, Saginaw 1-Graham, 1 assist, even.
Regina 8, Brandon 4-Burroughs, even, Pulock, 1 assist, + 1.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 12-28-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old
12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Degeneration Rex

December 29
Plymouth 2, London 1 (SO)-VCR, even.
Windsor 6, Saginaw 5-Graham, 1 assist, - 1.

Old
12-30-2013, 12:12 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Loic Leduc has been traded from Cape Breton to Rimouski for a second round pick.
even Gretzky was traded, once or twice

Old
12-30-2013, 01:27 AM
leaponover

Looks like Kiril Petrov is set to have a career year with his KHL team....

He's only 4 points shy of his career high with 18 less games played.

Old
12-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
though he isnt tearing up the WHL, I would like to see the Islanders draft Dominic Turgeon in the later draft rounds. I dont know if he is eligible this season or next but has been playing with the WinterHawks since he was 16 yrs old. 6'2 200 lbs.. plus his dad is Pierre, wouldnt hurt to have that additional connection to the club.

Old
12-30-2013, 11:58 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Looks like Kiril Petrov is set to have a career year with his KHL team....

He's only 4 points shy of his career high with 18 less games played.
Can't wait till he's playing with the Isles in May ;-). Him and Lee. Two big powerforwards !

Old
12-30-2013, 12:06 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
though he isnt tearing up the WHL, I would like to see the Islanders draft Dominic Turgeon in the later draft rounds. I dont know if he is eligible this season or next but has been playing with the WinterHawks since he was 16 yrs old. 6'2 200 lbs.. plus his dad is Pierre, wouldnt hurt to have that additional connection to the club.
Sneaky Pete and his kid are good in my book. I loved #77 back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Can't wait till he's playing with the Isles in May ;-). Him and Lee. Two big powerforwards !
Scotty, you really believe he's going to come over to NA? He's reached Bigfoot status in my book. Not to say I wouldn't welcome him with open arms if he did. Too bad he'd be in the hands of the 3 Stooges so expect lots of 1st line duty, press box, 4th line duty, press box, etc.

Old
12-30-2013, 06:53 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Yeah, I hope he comes over as well...but I kinda agree with PW. I usually forget about him but I was reading some older articles and saw him mentioned so I decided to check out his stats this season. I'm really not holding my breath for him to come over and I don't even know if he would make an immediate impact.

I'm not seeing what people are seeing in Lee.....but Petrov looked skilled. I hope he makes his way here eventually.

Old
12-30-2013, 08:45 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Yeah, I hope he comes over as well...but I kinda agree with PW. I usually forget about him but I was reading some older articles and saw him mentioned so I decided to check out his stats this season. I'm really not holding my breath for him to come over and I don't even know if he would make an immediate impact.

I'm not seeing what people are seeing in Lee.....but Petrov looked skilled. I hope he makes his way here eventually.
Lee is a goal scoring powerfoward, plain and simple. He's produced everywhere. Not the greatest skater, but that won't stop him from succeeding in the NHL. Petrov is a better all around player. Not sure he can be a 30 goal scorer like I expect Lee to be, but a bigger Okposo is how I see Petrov. And yes I see him coming over. Just a hunch, no inside info, but I just feel he wants to play against the best, and the best is in North America.

Old
12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Might as well pick Daniel Lafontaine as well.

Old
12-30-2013, 09:18 PM
MickVukota Moscow

Petrov agent is negotiating AK Bars, about a contract extension for two years.

http://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/76442/

Old
12-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Degeneration Rex

December 30
Prince Albert 4, Regina 0-Burroughs, - 1.
Brandon 4, Red Deer 3-Pulock, 1 goal (12), + 1.

Old
12-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Degeneration Rex

December 31
Windsor 5, Plymouth 1-VCR, - 3.
Sault Ste. Marie 6, Saginaw 5-Graham, even.
Edmonton 5, Brandon 4 (OT)-Pulock, 1 goal (13), + 1.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 12-31-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old
01-01-2014, 02:33 AM
StrongIslanders90

Some good reads on the Big Griff...

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...858/story.html

“Rock solid,” head coach Brent Sutter said of the West Vancouver native. “That was 20 minutes that we really needed. He’s a big body and is very poised out there. He makes the right play.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/31...2014-wjc-debut

“There’s a calming presence in Griff,” defenceman Mathew Dumba, who was Reinhart’s partner, said. I love playing with him. It was awesome to see him be so game-ready right off the bat. It’s a compliment to his mental preparation and just being focused for this game.”

Old
01-01-2014, 03:34 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Lee is a goal scoring powerfoward, plain and simple. He's produced everywhere. Not the greatest skater, but that won't stop him from succeeding in the NHL. Petrov is a better all around player. Not sure he can be a 30 goal scorer like I expect Lee to be, but a bigger Okposo is how I see Petrov. And yes I see him coming over. Just a hunch, no inside info, but I just feel he wants to play against the best, and the best is in North America.
I heard that Snow offered him a contract with guaranteed playing time or something like that when his KHL deal expires? You or anyone know if that's true?

If we lose Vanek, getting Petrov to come over could be a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
December 31
Windsor 5, Plymouth 1-VCR, - 3.
Sault Ste. Marie 6, Saginaw 5-Graham, even.
Edmonton 5, Brandon 4 (OT)-Pulock, 1 goal (13), + 1.
Nice to see Pulock on a little statistical hot streak. Hopefully not making the WJC's has fired him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post

“Rock solid,” head coach Brent Sutter said of the West Vancouver native. “That was 20 minutes that we really needed. He’s a big body and is very poised out there. He makes the right play.”

“There’s a calming presence in Griff,” defenceman Mathew Dumba, who was Reinhart’s partner, said. I love playing with him. It was awesome to see him be so game-ready right off the bat. It’s a compliment to his mental preparation and just being focused for this game.”
As I've said and will continue to say, Griff is the safest prospect we've had in quite some time. Virtually 'bust-proof'. Can't wait to see him on the Island next year(maybe even late this year depending on how things play out).

Old
01-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post

Some of the posters (not you 90) are down a bit on Griff but he has ice water veins. Same mentality as one of my all time favorite defenseman Serge Savard (for you old folks like me out there). Not the most offensive but he can make offensive plays. Not the most physical but he can and will hit. To appreciate what he does even many die hard fans don't see it. His sense on the ice is outstanding. Once he shook off some rust and got his legs going he just does what he always does, effective and efficient, no flash, no fuss. Last year he did have trouble keeping up at times, his skating is no doubt improved which was the first thing to look for, still needs work but at least there is progress. As Blinkman says in his post above, he's the safest prospect the Islanders have.

Can't understate how important Pelech is to Canada. When Brent Sutter coached the junior team a few years back he valued having at least two top shutdown types. Everyone thought that Pelech would lose ice time with Griff back but he played a lot and made all the plays he needed to. Like Griff, Pelech has that high degree of hockey sense. Just by looking at the box score, Pelech was -2 which may say to some he was terrible. Far from it, he was rock solid and other than the one big mistake in the first game he has been steady and reliable.

Tomorrow we finally get a chance to watch Pokka play. Since I'm still off from school until Monday,I'll be watching.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 01-01-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old
01-01-2014, 08:37 AM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Right now the Isles' 2 biggest roster needs are a top goalie and a big-body, minute-eating, calming d-man. Maybe we can check at least one of those 2 boxes, for the future anyway?

Old
01-01-2014, 10:12 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
Right now the Isles' 2 biggest roster needs are a top goalie and a big-body, minute-eating, calming d-man. Maybe we can check at least one of those 2 boxes, for the future anyway?
Islanders MUST get a good goalie in the offseason. I don't think they resign Nabakov in the offseason. He'll be 40.

Old
01-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Degeneration Rex

January 1
Lethbridge 6, Regina 3-Burroughs, 1 goal (3), even.

Old
01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickVukota Moscow View Post
Petrov agent is negotiating AK Bars, about a contract extension for two years.

http://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/76442/
Great, just ****ing great. I have no respect for Petrov pulling the Isles chain a few years ago saying he wanted to play in the NHL and would even play in the AHL to get to the NHL. **** him, let him rot in the KHL as a second rate forward.

Old
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Islanders MUST get a good goalie in the offseason. I don't think they resign Nabakov in the offseason. He'll be 40.
Go all out for Ryan Miller.. 6 year deal. He is 35 yrs old and playing amazing. He will be one of the few bright spots for Team USA.

Closed Thread