HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Best American NHL player?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
  #101
JustinCredible15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 41
vCash: 506
1) Kane
2) Suter
3) Parise



4)Kessel

JustinCredible15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:04 PM
  #102
Maplelaughs97
The Kids Are Alright
 
Maplelaughs97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredible15 View Post
1) Kane
2) Suter
3) Parise



4)Kessel
Weird....can you explain this perceived gap? He's right there with these guys..

Maplelaughs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:06 PM
  #103
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Suter, not even close.
so by your logic suter is way way better then kessel and kane which mean hes crosby lvl....last time i checked when you ask who the best D in the league suter is not the automatic answer...your point is unvalid.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:08 PM
  #104
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
so by your logic suter is way way better then kessel and kane which mean hes crosby lvl....last time i checked when you ask who the best D in the league suter is not the automatic answer...your point is unvalid.
And if you were asked who the best forward in the league is Kessel or Kane is not the automatic answer either. You didn't invalidate his argument at all with that post.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:09 PM
  #105
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Wanna talk individual accomplishments? Kessel had outscored Kane a whopping one time in their career. Zero if you look at age of their season.
Kessel has more points this season. Kessel has more points the last 2 seasons combined. Kessel has more points the last 3 seasons combined. Kessel has more points the last 4 seasons combined.

Any sample size you choose under the last 4 years and Kessel has been more productive.


I'm not even trying to say Kessei is better but they are extremely close.


Last edited by cyris: 11-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.
cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:10 PM
  #106
Gutchecktime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Wanna talk individual accomplishments? Kessel had outscored Kane a whopping one time in their career. Zero if you look at age of their season.
Last three years:
1. Stamkos 176 pts
2. Malkin 156 pts
3. Kessel 153 pts (in 146 gp)
...
9. Kane 135 pts (in 145 gp)
...
21. Parise 122 pts (in 147gp)

I think it's way closer than you're willing to admit or making it sound.



Source

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  #107
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
so by your logic suter is way way better then kessel and kane which mean hes crosby lvl....last time i checked when you ask who the best D in the league suter is not the automatic answer...your point is unvalid.
lololol, Have you seen Suter play in Minny? He's one of the best D-man in the league. If you're gonna try to insinuate my point is INVALID, try to do a better job. Just because I think he's better than Kessel and Kane (which is hard to compare position wise) it doesn't mean I think he's Crosby's level at all.

Smh.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  #108
Mr Shanahan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Parise.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
  #109
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
And if you were asked who the best forward in the league is Kessel or Kane is not the automatic answer either. You didn't invalidate his argument at all with that post.
learn to read before triyng to invalidade my point ..the man said that suter was better and it was not even close..so hes mainly saying that suter is crosby lvl.

i never said kessel or kane where the best foward in the game.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:19 PM
  #110
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,865
vCash: 50
Kessel/Kane/Suter Any of those 3 in any order aren't wrong, but for me it's

1. Suter, 2. Kessel, 3. Kane, 4. Backes

I think over the last 3 years, I would take Kessel over Kane. Kessel is definitely better defensively, it might just be because Chicago has had better defensive forwards, but Kessel is on late defending goals and gets matched up with other teams 1st lines now. Maybe Kane would do that to if he was on a weaker club though. Offensively

2011-2012 MAPLE LEAFS 82 37 45 82 -10 20 10 0 6 295 12.5
2012-2013 MAPLE LEAFS 48 20 32 52 -3 18 6 0 4 161 12.4
2013-2014 MAPLE LEAFS 16 10 9 19 6 13 3 0 3 61 16.4


2011-2012 BLACKHAWKS 82 23 43 66 7 40 4 0 5 253 9.1
2012-2013 BLACKHAWKS 47 23 32 55 11 8 8 0 3 138 16.7
2013-2014 BLACKHAWKS 16 9 5 14 -7 6 3 0 2 54 16.7

Kessel 67 goals 153 points
Kane 55 goals 135 points

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
  #111
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 376
vCash: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
lololol, Have you seen Suter play in Minny? He's one of the best D-man in the league. If you're gonna try to insinuate my point is INVALID, try to do a better job. Just because I think he's better than Kessel and Kane (which is hard to compare position wise) it doesn't mean I think he's Crosby's level at all.

Smh.
well next time use the I think he's better than Kessel and Kane (which is hard to compare position wise) ..kessel and kane are tier 2 player ...saying that suter is better and not even close put him in the tier 1 player (crosby-stamkos-ovy) suter is tier 1 d but not player"s.

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:25 PM
  #112
Larry Hoover
Registered User
 
Larry Hoover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
And I bet Kessel would have less points if he played in the west and was on his teams 2nd line.
Kessel has 12 points in 9 career games in the West IIRC. Also, if he was on his teams 2nd line he would be going up against weaker competition so that's a moot point. Also this line-mate argument is ridiculous. Quit grasping at straws for your argument.

FWIW (I don't think points are everything but obviously slightly indicative of play): Kessel has 153 points over the last 3-years, Kane has 135 (in 1 less game albeit)

Personally, I think Kane is slightly better than Kessel but the gap is not as far as some of you may suggest.

Suter is the best American though.

Larry Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  #113
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
I'm inclined to say Kessel because i'm a leaf fan and he's absolutely in god mode right now... but comparing him to Kane (next best forward) is hard to do, Kane has accomplished so much in his career. I think If kane was in the eastern conference he would be close to a 100 point player... If you look at guys like Nash, Lupul who have come over from the west to the east there ppg averages have gone up... and then Pomminvile goes to the west and his numbers are way down but then this season he starts the year playing against so many eastern conference teams and his numbers are back up. Sorry i'm rambling but then there's Suter and a lot of people will say franchise d-man over franchise winger... all very close here I'm going to say Kane gets the edge here.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:31 PM
  #114
here come the
Registered User
 
here come the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago ----> PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Hawks fan saying Suter. Guy is a monster

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
  #115
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Suter.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
  #116
DrDangles
Registered User
 
DrDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Suter
Kessel
Kane

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  #117
True Hockey Fan
Registered User
 
True Hockey Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,383
vCash: 500
I think there are 4 superstars - who could be that number one. Parise, Backes, Kessel, and Kane. Backes is a damn good player. Right now I would say the best is Kessel.

EDIT: Forgot Suter. He's one of the best for sure.


Last edited by True Hockey Fan: 11-09-2013 at 05:01 PM.
True Hockey Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:49 PM
  #118
startainfection
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 6,181
vCash: 500
right now it is kyle okposo AINEC

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
  #119
newerabegins
Registered User
 
newerabegins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
Patty Kane, not close.

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #120
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
I think Kane is pretty underrated on this board. I think he's Chicago's best player. Now, it's a little hard to determine value between D-Men and forwards so I'm going to go:

1A) Kane
1B) Suter

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #121
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
IMO Suter is the best american player. He should of won the norris last year.

Kane is the best foward. If I'd rank the top 3 American forwards it would be..
1. Kane
2. Parise
3. Kessel

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:05 PM
  #122
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,775
vCash: 50
Suter or Kane toss-up.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:06 PM
  #123
Kranix
Registered User
 
Kranix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Kane, no contest. Slipperiest player in the league.

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  #124
Fred Taylor
The Cyclone
 
Fred Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
1. Kessel
2. Kane
3. Suter

All three are very close though and I can understand anyone putting them in any order.

Fred Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  #125
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,101
vCash: 500
There is a definite top 3, then the rest are up for debate. Kane, Kessel and Suter can take anywhere in the top 3.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.