HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Eakins

View Poll Results: Fire Eakins?
Yes 261 45.39%
No 183 31.83%
Need more time to decide. 131 22.78%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Fire Eakins

Somebody had to do it. Its time. Four wins in eighteen games to start the season isnt going to cut it. I had high hopes for Eakins, but disappointment is becoming the norm for Oiler fans. Consequences......

Old
11-09-2013, 03:37 PM
n7

vCash: 500
I don't think it will really fix the team, but it would be nice to see someone who has half a clue coaching even if we still are losing.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Soundwave

Players need to be accountable, but Eakins has been a disaster. Even worse than Krueger somehow. No wonder the Leafs (Burke) and Canucks passed on him.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:38 PM
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

Shouldn't have hired him in the first place...

Old
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Voted need more time to decide, only because I want to see his coaching with Bryzgalov in net.

Honestly, everything I've seen is putrid and is pretty much enough for me to make the decision anyways, but I'll pay him some lip service.

It's not as if we're winning games for a playoff run, right?

Old
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

Oh ya, FOUR YEAR CONTRACT. haha.

MacT may as well quit at the same time if he ends up firing Eakins now.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Soundwave

Four year contract ... ick. Maybe we will land Ekblad and McDavid after all, lol.

Peter Laviolette honestly would be the ideal coach for this group, I have wanted him for a long time and he's worked with teams that don't have a bonafied no.1 D-Man or don't play much defense to begin with and made it work.

I don't think Katz will be happy with another coaching change though and having to pay another coach, nor does Mac T have the balls to do it, even though he should.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Horseradish

18 games in and they still can't figure out how to not give prime chances in the slot to the likes of Stamkos or Ovie...

Yeah, that's a serious problem and it hasn't been in the past (at least not to this extent). I want to give him half a season, but if Krueger got 48 games and managed to finish just 3 games under .500...well Eakins has a SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded squad in terms of personnel now and he can't seem to figure out how to keep other teams from getting prime chance after prime chance every single game.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:42 PM
oobga
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 800
We've changed coaches way too many times, there's no question about that. However, that doesn't change the fact that 99.99999+% of the population is not fit to coach an NHL team. If someone isn't hacking it, you need to let them go and find an NHL quality guy.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Pablo Aimar

Is there any argument for keeping him other than "you can't fire ANOTHER coach"? I don't see one.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Auguste Escoffier

I'd rather see Eberle and Gager shipped out of Edmonton first.

Old
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Eakins doesnt tell Eberle to stop moving his feet on a backcheck.
Players need to follow the system better..

Old
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
Oh ya, FOUR YEAR CONTRACT. haha.

MacT may as well quit at the same time if he ends up firing Eakins now.
Christmas would come early. Especially if Lowe gets 86'd too.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

I want to believe. I want to believe so bad.

I'm not there yet. I think you got to have a consistent voice. You can't let this team kill another coach. You can't.

I would **** can Acton. This is the guy running the PP, running a former Top-5 powerplay into the ground. Eakins said at the begining of the year that all the coaches would have a say in it, but that it would principally be Acton's task. Don't have to look further then the PP for reason to give him his walking papers.

In fact, all of his coaching staff can get to stepping. He shouldn't have inherited anyone. Complete idiocy that we know all too well to keep old treads around.

Bring in Maurice and let Eakins fill the rest of his staff.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Eakins doesnt tell Eberle to stop moving his feet on a backcheck.
Players need to follow the system better..
I think he's lost the room in record time.

Players don't give a **** about his system, lol.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Christmas would come early. Especially if Lowe gets 86'd too.
Good luck with that.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Qrispy

You've got to think that MacT (and hopefully Lowe as well) would be on the hot seat if Eakins is fired. I'd be all for bringing in a more seasoned coach.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Marincin28

While this certainly isn't his fault, he hasn't helped things. He is in above his head and I'm surprised he hasn't quit and cut his losses.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Declassified

A large part of the problem is the amount of coaches we've had in the last 7 years...so no, don't fire eakins, might as well let him grow into the role since the season is mostly lost anyway.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:49 PM
CupofOil

Sure why not? Because scapegoating the coach for the GM's failures and forcing the young players to adapt to a 4th new system in 4 years is surely the answer.

The answer to the solution is that MacT needs to identify the personnel, realize that there are many team needs that have to be addressed and fill those needs. You know, like real GMs are supposed to do. He has failed to address any issue so far.
There is little 2 way play or physicality at forward, no top pairing Dman and no NHL level goaltending. How is this Eakins fault?
It's a rookie coach trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Not sure what you guys expected.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Players need to be accountable, but Eakins has been a disaster. Even worse than Krueger somehow. No wonder the Leafs (Burke) and Canucks passed on him.
Because experienced gms knew his boot camp workout regiment and new age systems would not work in today's NHl Mact Liked him because his team looked ready on a faceoff in a AHL game .Krueger at least knew how to get the best out of these guys some nights also was great at special teams, our 5/5 scoring would of improved this year anyhow. Goaltending would still have us with a losing record but Mac T needs to step up admit mistake fire him take over bench till end of season.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
A large part of the problem is the amount of coaches we've had in the last 7 years...so no, don't fire eakins, might as well let him grow into the role since the season is mostly lost anyway.

I can get you Ekblad.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Sure why not? Because scapegoating the coach for the GM's failures and forcing the young players to adapt to a 4th new system in 4 years is surely the answer.

The answer to the solution is that MacT needs to identify the personnel, realize that there are many team needs that have to be addressed and fill those needs. You know, like real GMs are supposed to do. He has failed to address any issue so far.
There is little 2 way play or physicality at forward, no top pairing Dman and no NHL level goaltending. How is this Eakins fault?
It's a rookie coach trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Not sure what you guys expected.
Fill the needs by trading our turds for gold? Or gassing our top picks for used up vets who arent fortunate enough to have NMC's to veto their trade to Siberia?

Old
11-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Killer Z

Nice guy, but it's time. Fire him.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Pablo Aimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post

Eakins was given a better team than Krueger and the team has regressed on every ****ing level.

Closed Thread