HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Crisp scores again this afternoon. 5th goal in 6 games.

What an incredibly streaky prospect. He's either red hot or completely cold, there's no middle ground.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Tyson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

What an incredibly streaky prospect. He's either red hot or completely cold, there's no middle ground.
What an intriguing prospect.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:47 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

At that pace he's barely going to top last year's totals. I would have liked to see a better offensive progression from him.

He just needs to work on foot speed and be consistently physical, and he should be an NHL player.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Loffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Lehkonen is so highly skilled but I have major concerns over his frame/lack of strength/concussions. He's having another impressive season and I would expect him to have a big WJC (hoping to see him on the top line for the Finns)

Lehkonen is so highly skilled with the puck, he's a treat to watch as he's got an impressive shot and he just seems to be around the puck in the offensive zone and knows what to do with it. I also like that he will go to the dirty areas with the puck and imo that is key, although his lack of lower body strength is a big concern to me, it's going to be interesting to see where his game is at in 2-3 years.
There's lots to like in Lehkonen but nothing to fall in love with. Hes light frame combined with only decent skating makes me think it will be a hard long road for him to ever step on the NHL ice. The thing is - he cannot bulk up. He has that feather light body type you just cannot add muscle mass on (but only slightly). Even if he could bulk up which he most likely cannot he would only lose his mobility (look at his off-season training program; it's not something you would do to bulk up...) Lehkonen is 160 lbs. and will hardly ever be more than 170 lbs. I think even that is generous. With that frame he should be a rocket to survive in the NHL. Add that concussion history on the top of it and you have a very high risk prospect here. Hope I am wrong and the kid somehow miraculously will come out good.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
NOBLE27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
A great bounce back year. Showing the character he is known for.
Yes this is good news for Thrower and the Habs. I think management made a good decision to send him back to juniors to get his confidence back that he seem to lose last year.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:10 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Crisp at 6 foot 2 225 at19 is absolutely ridiculous. If he makes his skating a strength you got atleast a 4th liner IMO

Old
12-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Bacchus1

We need people like Crisp in the system, if he pans out. I seem him as 3rd 4th line, Turner Stevenson or Mike Keane or even Chris Neil. I know a lot of purists here will say, wait, they are not the same type of players for X, Y, or Z reasons, but my point is that Crisp won't be a first line prospect, but may be one of those grinders that can hit, fight, and pot the odd goal, which a strong team needs to succeed.

Don't know how he is defensively, etc., but I am excited about developing prospects that are targeted for less than starting line-up duties. Crisp and McCarron and Gregoire, and other big bodies not unskilled players that may help us in 3-4 years time.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

Another goal for Crisp. 6 goals in 6 games.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Crisp at 6 foot 2 225 at19 is absolutely ridiculous. If he makes his skating a strength you got atleast a 4th liner IMO
I'm not sure about that. We shouldn't get too excited about Crisp until we see what he does against men. He's clearly built like a man and he's playing against boys. Luckily we won't have to wait long as he'll likely be in the AHL next season. Definitely one of the more intriguing Habs prospects. Didn't really like half our draft class last year and Crisp is pretty much the only one who's started to change my mind.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
He's 6'4

Old
12-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'm not sure about that. We shouldn't get too excited about Crisp until we see what he does against men. He's clearly built like a man and he's playing against boys. Luckily we won't have to wait long as he'll likely be in the AHL next season. Definitely one of the more intriguing Habs prospects. Didn't really like half our draft class last year and Crisp is pretty much the only one who's started to change my mind.
He may be built like a man but his a boy... whats your point? Dont you think he will become a man too one day? What I mean is size doesnt give him some kind of unfair advantage... heck he maybe could still grow a inch or 2.... for all we know.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:53 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He's 6'4
My bad

Old
12-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
He may be built like a man but his a boy... whats your point? Dont you think he will become a man too one day? What I mean is size doesnt give him some kind of unfair advantage... heck he maybe could still grow a inch or 2.... for all we know.
Wat. Having a man's body doesn't give him an advantage in junior?

Old
12-01-2013, 02:57 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Funny how you turn out his great strength as a flaw. If anything, that will make his transition easier to the Pros. He's already strong enough to play against men.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Montreal Impact FC

Quote:
So because players are big it makes then sucessful scorers or something? He might be huge for his age but that doesnt only give him advantages... he is still 19. Do you see McCarron perform dispite his MONSTER frame? Maybe you start to understand my point. He wasnt draft at 19 in the 3th round without any merit.

Old
12-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
We need people like Crisp in the system, if he pans out. I seem him as 3rd 4th line, Turner Stevenson or Mike Keane or even Chris Neil. I know a lot of purists here will say, wait, they are not the same type of players for X, Y, or Z reasons, but my point is that Crisp won't be a first line prospect, but may be one of those grinders that can hit, fight, and pot the odd goal, which a strong team needs to succeed.

Don't know how he is defensively, etc., but I am excited about developing prospects that are targeted for less than starting line-up duties. Crisp and McCarron and Gregoire, and other big bodies not unskilled players that may help us in 3-4 years time.
Perhaps a future Matt Martin type

Edit- Crisp scores 2 today

Old
12-01-2013, 03:06 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Perhaps a future Matt Martin type

Edit- Crisp scores 2 today
What I was about to say. Hopefully he hits as hard and often as martin and we got a keeper.

Old
12-01-2013, 03:35 PM
That

Crisp's two goals from today:

Interesting that both of them were set up by Baptiste. Baptiste is such a talented player. Ever since Crisp was moved in the line up with more talent, Crisp has been putting the puck in the net (6 goals in last 6 games). Either it shows that he can't produce on his own, or that he can easily keep up with more talented players. Or both.

Old
12-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Interesting that both of them were set up by Baptiste. Baptiste is such a talented player. Ever since Crisp was moved in the line up with more talent, Crisp has been putting the puck in the net (6 goals in last 6 games). Either it shows that he can't produce on his own, or that he can easily keep up with more talented players. Or both.
"Or both" is what I think

Old
12-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Montreal Impact FC

As long is Crisp do what he needs to do thats all that matters we surely are not expecting him to be a sid the kid out there.. be a force physically, hit, fight, intimidate, go in front of the net, shoot, pass (if you cant protect the puck), go the corners... etc...those players take time and we have time. Lets just hope he pans out. McCarron in the other hand we expect more than just the physicallity... in any case whenever its the 1st or 4th rounder that pans out it doesnt matter much. Of course we hope McCarron becomes top6 forward... but patience is key with those big physical guys. Unless their elite prospect wich they arent...

I dont expect them to be real NHLers before a good 3 years. Maybe 2 for McCarron if he starts producing regularly next season... wich would still mean 1 full year of AHL with great results. Not expecting that anyways.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 12-01-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old
12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

He's like Pacioretty, he's Crisperetty with fighting ability

Old
12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
At that pace he's barely going to top last year's totals. I would have liked to see a better offensive progression from him.

He just needs to work on foot speed and be consistently physical, and he should be an NHL player.
He's on pace to get more goals and points than last season. And I know +/- is not really useful but he was -31 last year, he's +2 so far. That's a HUGE difference, like he went from a Sheldon Souray-esque +/- to a normal one.

Old
12-01-2013, 04:43 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Nice little drop pass on that 2nd goal. I thought I heard that Crisp's centreman at the time got injured and that's why his production stopped and Sudbury turned into a one line team at the time. At least I don't think his inconsistent totals had anything to do with lack of effort.

I love that all three of Big Mac, DLR and Crisp seem a lot more skilled than advertised. I think Crisp is really going to surprise us.

With Eller and Galchenyuk as our 1-2 for the foreseeable future, I'm fine if we have those prospects who 'need' talent to produce. It sucked when that was the case a few years ago when we didn't have any real talent but now we do, it should work out swimmingly.

Old
12-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

Reway just doesn't stop, his goal with one second left in the 3rd tied it in Blainville. Had an assist earlier.

Old
12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Nedved

Quote:

I'm loving baptiste. he plays such an nhl game, he'll be a good one.

Closed Thread