HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changing the team Culture

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
I agree. Hemsky should be the first move though - followed by Labarbera (for a 7th rounder - anything to get rid of him). If you can get anything for Omark or Nick Schultz, move them too or package them with one of your core guys. While you make these minor moves, Oilers need to identify which core guy is the most expendable (Yak? Eberle? Schultz?) and entertain offers.
Maybe even more than one core guy, like if it takes Hall and Gagner and maybe Marincin or Klefbom to get something like OEL and Hanzal, and then Eberle to get someone like Simmonds +? For me, RNH is the only one you don't look to trade.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM
McJeety McJeet
Now w/ 100% more 'Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
If the coach has lost the room after 20 games it speaks to the lack of character of your players. Another example of why a house cleaning needs to take place while there are still some suckers out there that might take a chance on these "kids." You're better off to pull a Bruins and move a player once a character issue comes to the surface than take a chance at poisoning the well.

On the draft, the Oilers got caught staring at the shiny Porsche Carerra on the lot instead of the utilitarian BMW 530 sedan. Not only did they miss out on players that would have better fit their needs, they grabbed the ones that spend more time in the shop for repairs than the others. Changes are needed in Edmonton, and you can't continually keep blaming it on the coach. Management finally figured that out in Calgary and the change was for the better.
What a terrible analogy, at least make the BMW an M5.

As for your other well thought out point how does it speak to the 'character' of the room exactly? It's not like they're bailing on Scotty Bowman. Dallas has already stated why his system was/is so horrible and I quote "I assumed that we knew what traditional d-zone coverage was and it was clear that we didn't" inferring that his players are idiots and likely alienating his vets in the process. Think about what he said with that statement and if you were a vet would you follow this guy anywhere? Is Dallas accepting ANY accountability with that statement? Nope. It's the players not the system. The system works, in the AHL...

Old
11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Maybe even more than one core guy, like if it takes Hall and Gagner and maybe Marincin or Klefbom to get something like OEL and Hanzal, and then Eberle to get someone like Simmonds +? For me, RNH is the only one you don't look to trade.
^that's an insane overpayment in both cases and I don't blame the Oilers for not doing that.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Ovechking

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Wait, Hall + Gagner + Klefbom for OEL + Hanzal?

I don't care how much we suck, more terrible trades is not the solution.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^that's an insane overpayment in both cases and I don't blame the Oilers for not doing that.
And that's why the oilers will never improve. Obviously you're just fooling around here. Surely you understand OEL is one of the best D men in the game and Hanzal is an absolute monster of a 2 way center. Look at the record of the team they play on. I guess it's all system. When you take an interest in other teams around the league and actually watch them, you start to realize how hopelessly lost most homer oiler fans are. It's so sad.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Wait, Hall + Gagner + Klefbom for OEL + Hanzal?

I don't care how much we suck, more terrible trades is not the solution.
How else are we to get a number one D man...? How many holes does this fill? We need a big 2 way center to complement RNH don't we?

I guess OEL and Hanzal aren't very good.

Go post this on the main board an see how everyone reacts. Then run back here with the "Everybody is wrong, not me" mentality.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:05 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Closing. This discussion can be continued in the trade proposal thread or the Questioning the direction of the team thread.

Closed Thread