HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who do you boo?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I would definitly boo Bure, Messier, and Nedved. (The Ranger trifecta.)

I'd probably boo Yashin...

Tkachuk and Hatcher, DEFINITLY. Cheapshot Americans, just what I'm looking for. I woudln't boo them off the ice, but on the ice, they are fair game.

Marchment I just feel absolutely HOSTILE about. I'd boo him if I saw him ON THE STREET.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
I've booed Hatcher since his headhunting manuever on Naslund, also that incident where he grabbed Demitra out of all the players on the ice solidified my belief the instigator rule needs to go so someone can pummel his wimpy butt...going after star players like that...sheesh...I never see Hatcher going out and grabbing enforcers....but he'll drop his gloves on Demitra? Give me a break. The last time I remember Hatch going against a good sized guy was Worrell in the 2001-2002 campaign and getting thrown around pretty hard. More enforcers should be allowed to have a little fun with Mr.Toughguy..taking runs at star players.

I also boo Marchment since he submarined Ohlund's knee and sent him out for a good portion of last season (at least I recall it being Ohlund, could be wrong). I think I'm justified in booing Marchment as he's a total jacka$$ out to hurt people.

Claude Lemieux also warrants some boo's occasionally.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:54 PM
monkey_00*

Curtis Joseph...for the way he left the leafs and the things he said about his former mates from Toronto at the Detroit Press Conference.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Aerolanche

Eric Lindros .

Though I've never seen him play .

Old
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
190Octane

Friesen and Kariya whenever they touch the puck.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:58 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
At the RBC center Scott Stevens usually get booed for the cheap shot he took at Ron Francis a few years ago in the playoffs. Keith Primeau always gets booed after the way he left the team.
Did you even watch the hit, that was absolutly clean and there is none who can tell me different, he hit him along the boards.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
I also boo Marchment since he submarined Ohlund's knee and sent him out for a good portion of last season (at least I recall it being Ohlund, could be wrong). I think I'm justified in booing Marchment as he's a total jacka$$ out to hurt people.
No, Ohlund was put out by another Sharks player actually, and I don't think the hit was really all that dirty, just awkward.

However I believe that it was in the same game that Marchment hit Lindgren knee-on-knee. Fortunately Mats was OK, but it could have been really bad. Making it worse was the fact that Langdon was actually on the ice at the time but couldn't pummel Marchment properly because the linesman kept getting between them.

Also let's not forget Marchment's little acting lesson a couple seasons ago after he got hit by Ruutu. "Hey look at me I'm unconscious, oh hey Ruutu got ejected, well now I'm up and ready to go again!" :mad:

Marchment is definitely someone I would boo. Even moreso now that he plays for the hated Leafs.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Jaromir Jagr, you all know why. And since the trade, i think he has maybe 3 points against the Pens. So it might work

Plus, it'd be bad to not boo Jagr when the rest of the stadium is.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Bryan Marchment, if I could actually remember to boo him when he has the puck The guy is a classless little ***** out to end careers. I probably wouldn't even blink if someone took him out and he was never able to play hockey again. He doesn't deserve to play...

Old
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Roger Cedeno.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
JONIK

Send a message via ICQ to JONIK Send a message via AIM to JONIK Send a message via MSN to JONIK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro
Kariyas an *******. He's gonna come crying back to Anaheim wanting that fat contract again when he finds out he isn't going to get anything over $5 million.
Shut up will you, when did you ever even care about the Ducks?

Old
09-29-2003, 06:38 PM
LaVal

as mentioned, it's tradition to boo Messier and Bure. Kariya might get the odd boo as well now instead of a cheer.

but everybody's mentioning only players. if Fraser's reffing i boo the hell out of him with the rest of the crowd.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:38 PM
FacelessButcher

Arnott,Marchment , Claude Lemieux

Old
09-29-2003, 07:12 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
as mentioned, it's tradition to boo Messier and Bure. Kariya might get the odd boo as well now instead of a cheer.

but everybody's mentioning only players. if Fraser's reffing i boo the hell out of him with the rest of the crowd.
Just out of curiousity why Messier and even Bure?

Bure is probably the best hockey player ever to wear a Canucks jersey.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Damien

Send a message via MSN to Damien
Rob Niedermayer
Darryl Shannon
Mike Vernon
Stewart Malgunas
Cale Hulse

Old
09-29-2003, 08:34 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Kariyas an *******. He's gonna come crying back to Anaheim wanting that fat contract again when he finds out he isn't going to get anything over $5 million.
What kinda fans are u turning on Kariya like that hes probably the only reason your franchise didn't fold when u were sucking for countless years but people still payed to see u because Kariya and Selanne were awesome.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:46 PM
wildslip

i would have to say i boo alot againstmarty turco cause he is an overrated goalie i think i don't like him one bit.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Just out of curiousity why Messier and even Bure?

Bure is probably the best hockey player ever to wear a Canucks jersey.
Messier - earned too much to warrant his production. Not to say he underwhelmed, Mess played like Mess when he was here...we just overpaid him. He is also deemed as responsible for driving Linden out, which is a high crime.

Bure - Held out for a trade. Personally, I don't blame him - this team treated him like utter crap for his entire tenure here, since day 1.

I don't have anything against them in particular, though...Management is more to blame in both cases.

Old
09-29-2003, 09:52 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
I don't boo. If I boo it is usually the refs.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:44 AM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
lets see...Maltby and Draper (pansies), yeah that's about it

Old
09-30-2003, 03:08 AM
MojoJojo

I was booing the hell out of Roman Cechmanek by the third period of game six of our second round exit this year. Pathetic performance. One of the worst goalie meltdowns I've ever seen. Not that the score was so high, just that the goals he let in were so terrible.

Eric Lindros always gets a couple when he returns to Philly (for obvious reasons).

Old
09-30-2003, 03:29 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Yes, we Philly fans boo our own teams. We boo the Flyers if they aren't shooting on the powerplay. If you listen closely you can hear all of us yelling shoot. Cechmanek we booed and will continue to boo. Lindros is an automatic, Domi is an automatic boo as well. We boo anyone from the Devils, especially Scott Stevens. However, we do cheer former players of the Flyers organization. When Luke Richardson or Brian Boucher come to town you can hear everyone chanting "Luke" or "Boosh." Other than that, I can't really think of any other players that we boo often.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:28 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Did you even watch the hit, that was absolutly clean and there is none who can tell me different, he hit him along the boards.
The hit itself was not dirty, in that he didnít elbow him or go after the knees, but it was with less than a minute to play and the devils were up a couple of goals in the last game of a playoff series. Even Brodeur said it was unnecessary. What was the point of taking a run at Ron Francis when the game was effectively over? Thatís what made it a cheap shot.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:30 AM
Upon1

Quote:

Is this getting old or what. Let the Duck fans boo him when he comes back but hasn't everything that needs to be said, been said?

For the record I wouldn't boo anyone, I find it pointless to boo someone who I would be cheering if he came to Anaheim the next week.

A perfect example is my friend who is a Red Wings fan, he used to fire pucks at a picture of Derian Hatcher set up in his net, he is now considering buying a Hatcher jersey.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:48 AM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
The hit itself was not dirty, in that he didnít elbow him or go after the knees, but it was with less than a minute to play and the devils were up a couple of goals in the last game of a playoff series. Even Brodeur said it was unnecessary. What was the point of taking a run at Ron Francis when the game was effectively over? Thatís what make it a cheap shot.
I didn't ever hear Brodeur saying that and you play till the end, fight till the end and hit till the end.

Closed Thread