HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Dux

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2014, 08:06 PM
  #1
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Kings vs. Dux

So, the kings are 4-6 in the new year, while the dux are 9-1. Even with the lopsided record, I'm thinking whoever wins the thursday game will most likely lose the game at the dodgers stadium. I just don't see either team winning both of the games.

I'd rather win the stadium series game.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 08:09 PM
  #2
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
So, the kings are 4-6 in the new year, while the dux are 9-1. Even with the lopsided record, I'm thinking whoever wins the thursday game will most likely lose the game at the dodgers stadium. I just don't see either team winning both of the games.
I am hoping for 3 outta 4 points

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:50 PM
  #3
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Wonder what line we are going to see tomorrow?

Will Sutter even stick with the lines through the whole game?

Toffoli going to sit because he just got recalled and hasn't had time to practice with the team?

Wonder if the players are tired of not knowing who they are going to be playing with from game to game?

Will Doughty play worse then Muzzin again? Seriously those skates are sharp.

Love Muzzin on the power play. Every time he gets the puck it's a shot. Never a pass... Or maybe a shot/pass? (mind blowing) Wouldn't mind if the shot hit the net over half the time.

Oh yeah and Sutter some wisdom I picked up along the way. If you shake more then twice you're playing with it.

Edit: should there be a "what line will Brown play on" added to the first goal of the game contest?

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM
  #4
Brad Doty
Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 13,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolfoli View Post
Wonder what line we are going to see tomorrow?

Will Sutter even stick with the lines through the whole game?

Toffoli going to sit because he just got recalled and hasn't had time to practice with the team?

Wonder if the players are tired of not knowing who they are going to be playing with from game to game?

Will Doughty play worse then Muzzin again? Seriously those skates are sharp.

Love Muzzin on the power play. Every time he gets the puck it's a shot. Never a pass... Or maybe a shot/pass? (mind blowing) Wouldn't mind if the shot hit the net over half the time.

Oh yeah and Sutter some wisdom I picked up along the way. If you shake more then twice you're playing with it.

Edit: should there be a "what line will Brown play on" added to the first goal of the game contest?
Frattin-Kopitar-Bodnarchuk
Lewis-Richards-Stoll
Clifford-Fraser-Carter
Nolan-King-Brown
Toffoli scratch

Muzzin-Schultz
Regehr-Doughty
Voynov-Greene (or empty if Greene is hurt)
Martinez scratch (even if Greene is hurt)

__________________
Proud member of The Kurrilino Fan Club
Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:03 PM
  #5
Reclamation Project
Corsi's over 9,000!
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 23,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
Frattin-Kopitar-Bodnarchuk
Lewis-Richards-Stoll
Clifford-Fraser-Carter
Nolan-King-Brown
Toffoli scratch

Muzzin-Schultz
Regehr-Doughty
Voynov-Greene (or empty if Greene is hurt)
Martinez scratch (even if Greene is hurt)

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM
  #6
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
Frattin-Kopitar-Bodnarchuk
Lewis-Richards-Stoll
Clifford-Fraser-Carter
Nolan-King-Brown
Toffoli scratch

Muzzin-Schultz
Regehr-Doughty
Voynov-Greene (or empty if Greene is hurt)
Martinez scratch (even if Greene is hurt)
It's all fun and games till Sutter sees this and rolls with it.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:36 PM
  #7
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,464
vCash: 500
Watching an old Kings-Ucks game on FSW right now and. I saw some Ucks fan holding up a Beat LA sign. Don't get me wrong, I like it that way. Anaheim ain't LA.

EDIT: Hearing Beat LA chants now. LMAO, why have Ucks fans stopped doing that now? Because their mickey mouse baseball team is using the LA moniker now?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 11:54 PM
  #8
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish
 
Tatsdzyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
i hope we dont get blown out

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:02 AM
  #9
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
After what I have been through this week in regards to the Kings I hope we get a minimum of 3 points this weekend...

Monday, I am on the way to the Fleet Center in Boston (I cannot call that place the Garden, because the Garden it ain't). Leave 2 hours before game time to I have plenty of time. All is good.
As I come to a point where I have to get on the only highway that leads into Boston, i run into traffic that is literally at a standstill, exactly 50' past where I could have re-routed and gotten around this mess.
I am 12 1/2 miles from the rink (roughly the same distance as from the 110/91 to Staples) and it takes me 3 hours, almost on the dot. I got to my seat with 9:52 left in the second period. Thankfully those tickets were free.
Jump to Tuesday and I get an e-mail that my flight out here, scheduled for Wednesday, has been canceled because of the incoming blizzard. So after nearly watching my Stadium Series tickets, my tickets for Thursday at Ponda as well as the high school reunion that I had organized all go up in smoke, I have to pull my son out of school, grab whatever we had already packed and drive two hours to Hartford to catch the last flight out of town.
So for all my frustration, I think the team can provide some restitution in the way of at least 3 (preferably 4) points this weekend.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:07 AM
  #10
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 500
**** we still play hockey? I thought we just make honourable trades.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 03:25 AM
  #11
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,604
vCash: 500
They have lost two out of their last three.

By the way some of you reckon logic, the Ducks are "struggling."

__________________
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 04:17 AM
  #12
Cruel11
Registered User
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
They have lost two out of their last three.

By the way some of you reckon logic, the Ducks are "struggling."
Excuse us for enjoying their losses during the Kings struggle.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 06:09 AM
  #13
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 47,601
vCash: 500
Dooooomed!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 10:38 AM
  #14
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
I am always so optimistic on game day mornings. In my head right now we win 3-0 with Brown, Richards, and Carter getting goals. Kopitar picking up two assists. Doughty hip checked Perry that start a good scrum, and lead to the TSN crew talking about how this will effect their relationship with Team Canada.

GO KINGS GO!!

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
  #15
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec
 
kovacro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
I wish the NHL Network were showing the game in Canada tonight. I hate when they just show it to the US audience and we lose out. The again, with the way they have been playing recently it might not be all that bad to miss this one.

Looking forward to the hocket game on Saturday boys!

https://twitter.com/lewkay/status/42...870336/photo/1


Last edited by kovacro: 01-23-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: because i can.
kovacro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  #16
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Excuse us for enjoying their losses during the Kings struggle.

I think you missed my point.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
  #17
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
I wish the NHL Network were showing the game in Canada tonight. I hate when they just show it to the US audience and we lose out. The again, with the way they have been playing recently it might not be all that bad to miss this one.

Looking forward to the hocket game on Saturday boys!

https://twitter.com/lewkay/status/42...870336/photo/1
They are just ****ing morons. At some point, you have to call a spade a spade.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 12:57 PM
  #18
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
funny how in the trade brown to the leafs thread ducks fans are saying he is overpaid and basically washed up. I hope Brown lights them up tonight

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:22 PM
  #19
PJ Kings Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Posted this in another thread. Per Jim Fox

lines mskate 74-11-22/21-10-77/23-28-14/13-24-73

PJ Kings Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:36 PM
  #20
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
Posted this in another thread. Per Jim Fox

lines mskate 74-11-22/21-10-77/23-28-14/13-24-73
Poor kopitar.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
  #21
Brad Doty
Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 13,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
Posted this in another thread. Per Jim Fox

lines mskate 74-11-22/21-10-77/23-28-14/13-24-73
ahahahahhahhaha suck it Kopitar

Wait...no, poor Toffoli :

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
  #22
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 24,267
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
At some point, you have to call a spade a spade.

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:53 PM
  #23
Reclamation Project
Corsi's over 9,000!
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 23,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
Posted this in another thread. Per Jim Fox

lines mskate 74-11-22/21-10-77/23-28-14/13-24-73

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  #24
Slycer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
In which universe has Trevor Lewis battled his way into the first line? :barf:

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
  #25
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Doty View Post
ahahahahhahhaha suck it Kopitar

Wait...no, poor Toffoli :
TT needs to sit 2 of the next 8 to be able to play during the Olympics or some crap like that.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.