HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2013, 12:42 PM
  #51
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
Yep

They should stick to arson
And his cocaine joke was disgusting. And when he tried fighting Kopitar. What a joke of an organization.



Look at that circus.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
  #52
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,586
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
And his cocaine joke was disgusting. And when he tried fighting Kopitar. What a joke of an organization.



Look at that circus.
He is definitely playing for the right organization.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
  #53
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post


Here you go. And my favorite part of this play isn't actually the hit, but afterwards when Burrows tries to shove Richie and he just shoves Burrows to the ice again.
Yep - but my favourite part is seeing the entire Canucks bench jump back when Richie made contact. Apparently they thought it was an earthquake or something.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  #54
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Haha and this one just cause its funny


Really the cocaine made him look stupid. You got nailed and shoved down by a guy and the only thing you've got left is a joke some drunk flyers fan would come up with. I believe I will score that a -10 for you, sir.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:15 PM
  #55
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
You seem very narrow-minded.

Just because Simmer and Schenn are on a bad team, doesn't make their characters less great than those on a great team.

It's funny. Most flyers fans wouldn't trade back Simmer, Schenn and a 2nd for Richards and I"m sure most kings would agree. That to me sounds like a win/win situation.
I think a lot of flyer fans would take that trade back. I think schenn isn't all that he was hyped up as and simmer is a 2nd line forward at best.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
  #56
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Haha and this one just cause its funny


Really the cocaine made him look stupid. You got nailed and shoved down by a guy and the only thing you've got left is a joke some drunk flyers fan would come up with. I believe I will score that a -10 for you, sir.





Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:41 PM
  #57
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,943
vCash: 500
Thanks for the you tube clips, that was a fun trip down memory lane!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:55 PM
  #58
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Thanks for the you tube clips, that was a fun trip down memory lane!
I probably shouldn't post this cause it's embarrassing, but this is a thread about Richards and we are posting old videos of him sooooo...



Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these awful commercials from Philly

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
  #59
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I probably shouldn't post this cause it's embarrassing, but this is a thread about Richards and we are posting old videos of him sooooo...



Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these awful commercials from Philly
Man, I miss those. I wonder if Morganti has all those tricky abbreviations down yet.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
  #60
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I probably shouldn't post this cause it's embarrassing, but this is a thread about Richards and we are posting old videos of him sooooo...



Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these awful commercials from Philly

Sad to say, I remember them, (and there ws more that one) . Morganti has no excuse, he's on TV /radio for a living.

Richards was asked at the end of his first year in LA if he'd been approached (he's got a couple of friends who either produce (it's always sunny in phila) or act (Bones/Dave Boreanz) to do a cameo on a tv show. He told the reporter that if he'd seen the BMW commercials, he wouldn't have to ask that question.
Even if Philly, esp from his teammates, he got teased about them.

I did like his commerical wit Ovie for Verizon pre winter classic 2010 (Flyers and Caps in the airport terminal) where the two teams are sitting next to each other and Ovie looks over at him and Richie just givea a hard glare (no talking) challenging Ovie and the two teams head outside and play hockey under the airplane wing.

Given that he's pretty good friends with Dave Boreanz, I really thought he'd do a walk on. Boreanz was on NHL Live about 10 days or so ago and they were talking hockey (he's a huge flyes fan) and he mentioned that trading Richards was a mistake, which is something he tweeted the dayof the trade he was really angry. Richards said he called Dave Boreanz that day and told him he'd be playing for the Kings that year and Boreanz laughed, thinking it was a joke but MR wasn't kidding and he said Boreanz was shocked.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 04:14 PM
  #61
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
The Richards on Burrows hit played a big part in setting the tone for what the Kings were about that spring.

In terms of diving though, the little push from Mitchell on Kesler, that resulted in Kesler ****ing the boards and the proceeding to move to the bencj trying to find out if his body is still in order, is one of the worse soccer plays I've ever seen in the NHL.

You see people dive and embellish during a play, but that specific sequence involved some serious south European skills.

reading on these boards, apparently the Canucks quit diving after 2011, but judging the way they flew around the ice 2012, that is not correct n any way.

And no, Brown is not an excuse for what they're doing.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 04:16 PM
  #62
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep - but my favourite part is seeing the entire Canucks bench jump back when Richie made contact. Apparently they thought it was an earthquake or something.
I love that reaction...that hit terrified the whole lot of them and they did the wave.


Richards can have a real annoying effect on opposing teams in the playoffs, like in 2011 when the Sabres series started and despite playing with a torn up wrst and pneumonia, he identified Miller as the weak link and from shift 1, pestered him, chased him right behind the net when Miller was back there tyring to get the puck and checked him. Then he stood right in front of Miller in the crease and ran his mouth to the point where Miller cross checked him nad got a penalty. Richards kept at it and yapped that the Sabres were getting away with murder , which MIller got angry at. This 12 second video, he accuses MR of being a mass murderer and has a bit of demented glare in his eye.\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0F9_pugHA


Last edited by deeshamrock: 11-12-2013 at 04:24 PM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 04:36 PM
  #63
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Haha and this one just cause its funny


Really the cocaine made him look stupid. You got nailed and shoved down by a guy and the only thing you've got left is a joke some drunk flyers fan would come up with. I believe I will score that a -10 for you, sir.

That gif...


Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
  #64
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Sad to say, I remember them, (and there ws more that one) . Morganti has no excuse, he's on TV /radio for a living.

Richards was asked at the end of his first year in LA if he'd been approached (he's got a couple of friends who either produce (it's always sunny in phila) or act (Bones/Dave Boreanz) to do a cameo on a tv show. He told the reporter that if he'd seen the BMW commercials, he wouldn't have to ask that question.
Even if Philly, esp from his teammates, he got teased about them.

I did like his commerical wit Ovie for Verizon pre winter classic 2010 (Flyers and Caps in the airport terminal) where the two teams are sitting next to each other and Ovie looks over at him and Richie just givea a hard glare (no talking) challenging Ovie and the two teams head outside and play hockey under the airplane wing.

Given that he's pretty good friends with Dave Boreanz, I really thought he'd do a walk on. Boreanz was on NHL Live about 10 days or so ago and they were talking hockey (he's a huge flyes fan) and he mentioned that trading Richards was a mistake, which is something he tweeted the dayof the trade he was really angry. Richards said he called Dave Boreanz that day and told him he'd be playing for the Kings that year and Boreanz laughed, thinking it was a joke but MR wasn't kidding and he said Boreanz was shocked.
That commercial is legitimately the best one out of all the ones he did. They were so bad. And I remember that Verizon one but it's hard to count it because he didn't say a word. I suppose it could be worse, you could have Carter, who just laughs and smiles awkwardly every time he's in front of a camera.

Richie should try acting again though, I actually think he's improved since coming to LA. That Funny or Die skit with the rapping will always make me laugh.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  #65
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
That gif...

Haha, that's perfect! Isn't that from one of the spots with Cabbie when he asked Richie if Burrows' body made a sound when he hit him?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 05:34 PM
  #66
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Haha, that's perfect! Isn't that from one of the spots with Cabbie when he asked Richie if Burrows' body made a sound when he hit him?
Yep. That was a great segment.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:41 PM
  #67
Clown Baby
Registered User
 
Clown Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I love that reaction...that hit terrified the whole lot of them and they did the wave.


Richards can have a real annoying effect on opposing teams in the playoffs, like in 2011 when the Sabres series started and despite playing with a torn up wrst and pneumonia, he identified Miller as the weak link and from shift 1, pestered him, chased him right behind the net when Miller was back there tyring to get the puck and checked him. Then he stood right in front of Miller in the crease and ran his mouth to the point where Miller cross checked him nad got a penalty. Richards kept at it and yapped that the Sabres were getting away with murder , which MIller got angry at. This 12 second video, he accuses MR of being a mass murderer and has a bit of demented glare in his eye.\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0F9_pugHA
Richards is a lot like Scott Stevens in that he didn't just change games. He changed series (or at least tried his damndest.) That's probably what I loved most about him.

2008: Keep in mind Malkin came in to Philadelphia with 15 points through 9 games. Richards scored 2 goals in period 1, game 1, doing what he can to keep this team competitive; Malkin matches that production with a goal and an assist. While we have the man-advantage, Malkin is sprung for a short-handed chance which Biron stops. Richards proceeds takes full-advantage of a prone Malkin, who was standing off-balance, and absolutely buries him into the boards. Malkin scored on a second opportunity, but you could tell Richards just solved our problem. Of the remaining 4 games, Malkin finishes with all of 2 goals (no assists.) The very next series, Malkin finishes with 1 goal and 2 assists (through 7 games). He was a ghost.

2009: All Richards did was lead the team in scoring while playing with two separated shoulders. No heroics here.

2010: This was a fun one. At the time, Boston had the perfect one-two punch down the middle with Krejci and Bergeron. I'm not even ashamed to say it. Their pair were better all-around players than Richards and Carter, and the advantage gets a little more obvious when you have to shield Briere at even-strength. So, Richards did what he does early in game 2, lines up Krejci, and hits him with a center-ice hit so well-timed it broke Krejci's wrist. Took him completely out of the series. Literally.

2011: At this point, it's a given. With the series tied 2-2, Richards goes full on beast-mode, and gives the Flyers another slight advantage when he aggressively takes Connolly into the boards. It didn't look pretty. And, to be entirely honest, it probably didn't help Connolly's concussion history at all. Still, the Flyers came away with 2 of the next 3, and moved on. (I completely forgot about him putting an elbow into Kaleta.)


Last edited by Clown Baby: 11-12-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
  #68
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Richards is a lot like Scott Stevens in that he didn't just change games. He changed series (or at least tried his damndest.) That's probably what I loved most about him.

2008: Keep in mind Malkin came in to Philadelphia with 15 points through 9 games. Richards scored 2 goals in period 1, game 1, doing what he can to keep this team competitive; Malkin matches that production with a goal and an assist. While we have the man-advantage, Malkin is sprung for a short-handed chance which Biron stops. Richards proceeds takes full-advantage of a prone Malkin, who was standing off-balance, and absolutely buries him into the boards. Malkin scored on a second opportunity, but you could tell Richards just solved our problem. Of the remaining 4 games, Malkin finishes with all of 2 goals (no assists.) The very next series, Malkin finishes with 1 goal and 2 assists (through 7 games). He was a ghost.

2009: All Richards did was lead the team in scoring while playing with two separated shoulders. No heroics here.

2010: This was a fun one. At the time, Boston had the perfect one-two punch down the middle with Krejci and Bergeron. I'm not even ashamed to say it. Their pair were better all-around players than Richards and Carter, and the advantage gets a little more obvious when you have to shield Briere at even-strength. So, Richards did what he does early in game 2, lines up Krejci, and hits him with a center-ice hit so well-timed it broke Krejci's wrist. Took him completely out of the series. Literally.

2011: At this point, it's a given. With the series tied 2-2, Richards goes full on beast-mode, and gives the Flyers another slight advantage when he aggressively takes Connolly into the boards. It didn't look pretty. And, to be entirely honest, it probably didn't help Connolly's concussion history at all. Still, the Flyers came away with 2 of the next 3, and moved on.
Excellent post.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:56 PM
  #69
Clown Baby
Registered User
 
Clown Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Excellent post.
This was from '09.



And I know there were others. I just can't find them.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  #70
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Really awesome post, Clown Baby. I agree with everything you said.

For whatever reason, this is the moment Mike became my favorite player. Nothing to special, but I could just tell he was something really special after this in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...w9hj7ihY#t=208

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:31 PM
  #71
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM
  #72
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Really awesome post, Clown Baby. I agree with everything you said.

For whatever reason, this is the moment Mike became my favorite player. Nothing to special, but I could just tell he was something really special after this in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...w9hj7ihY#t=208
LOL - ewwww Randy Jones sighting.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  #73
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
LOL - ewwww Randy Jones sighting.
Oh don't ruin the moment for me!

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:47 PM
  #74
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Really awesome post, Clown Baby. I agree with everything you said.

For whatever reason, this is the moment Mike became my favorite player. Nothing to special, but I could just tell he was something really special after this in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...w9hj7ihY#t=208
He was great in that series right thru to OT in game 7 and he shadowed Ovie to the point of distraction. Young player, 3rd year in the NHL and his first true test playoff wise and he showed the roots of what has grown into a tried and true playoff warrior.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  #75
Reclamation Project
The Expendable
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,367
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
He was great in that series right thru to OT in game 7 and he shadowed Ovie to the point of distraction. Young player, 3rd year in the NHL and his first true test playoff wise and he showed the roots of what has grown into a tried and true playoff warrior.
I thought you were talking about Randy Jones for a second

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.