HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII -

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 10:15 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rumors on the radio that Cutler could be done for the year.
McCown for the rest of the year, maybe it cheapens the Cutler contract for next season. I still think they'll Franchise him anyway though.

Old
11-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

still not sure about that. Bears could afford to draft a QB this year. They could affort Cutty longterm

Old
11-21-2013, 01:49 AM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 1062
Bryce Petty sounds good, kay.

Old
11-21-2013, 06:52 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Ahmad Brooks fine $15,750 for that clean hit on Brees.

What a joke.

Old
11-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rumors on the radio that Cutler could be done for the year.
If he has a high ankle sprain, that would't surprise me. Those are 6-8 week injuries.

Old
11-21-2013, 01:18 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If he has a high ankle sprain, that would't surprise me. Those are 6-8 week injuries.
If?

He has already admitted that he does have a high ankle sprain, and not only that, but ligament damage to boot. That's the rest why he is in a cast.

Old
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Wrigley

Cutler out of hard cast; still week-to-week

Quote:
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer wearing a hard cast on his lower left leg to stabilize the high ankle sprain he suffered versus the Detroit Lions on Nov. 10.

Cutler arrived at Wednesday's practice inside the Walter Payton Center with a standard football cleat on his left foot, and not the hard cast and walking boot he was required to wear last week to move around the facility.

He had a very small brace on, Bears head coach Marc Trestman said. Hes the got the sprain, but there is stability there (in the ankle). There is enough stability where they could take the (hard cast) off. Again, its day-to-day and Im optimistic that it will stay that way, but well have to see.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...s-week-to-week

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all - Blues - Dixon - Guy - Johnson - King - Magic Sam - SRV - Stones - Waters - Wells - Wolf
Old
11-21-2013, 02:11 PM
digdug41982

Still think the team is better without the guy. We'll see.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
hisgirlfriday
Global Moderator

I will never ever understand Bears fans and Cutler. I didn't buy into the hype when so many super fans were proclaiming definite Super Bowl appearances when the Bears got him in the Orton trade. But I also don't get why any Bears fan would want to part with him now when it would just create yet another year of chaos for the offense and the Bears would be throwing away the best quarterback they've had since Luckman. At the very least let's franchise him, draft a QB in the mid to late rds for Trestman to develop, and spend this offseason fixing the defense instead of rebuilding the offense too.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:48 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post
I will never ever understand Bears fans and Cutler. I didn't buy into the hype when so many super fans were proclaiming definite Super Bowl appearances when the Bears got him in the Orton trade. But I also don't get why any Bears fan would want to part with him now when it would just create yet another year of chaos for the offense and the Bears would be throwing away the best quarterback they've had since Luckman. At the very least let's franchise him, draft a QB in the mid to late rds for Trestman to develop, and spend this offseason fixing the defense instead of rebuilding the offense too.
Do this. Draft Bryce Petty in the 2-4 rounds. Develop him. Profit.

Old
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Illinihockey

Bears should try to find a QB late or sign an undrafted guy like they wanted to with Blanchard before he got hurt. Cutler is going to get a 4-5 year deal this summer, don't need to take a young QB this year....too many holes to fill on defense. Ideally you draft a DT, DE, CB, and Saftey early and allot a pick in one of the later rounds 5-6-7 for a developmental center to take over for Garza in a couple of years.

Old
11-21-2013, 08:20 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisgirlfriday View Post
Because who the hell cares if were a perpetual 9-10 win team with cutler. I can't ever see us competing for a bowl as long as we have a wildcard like him at QB.

Old
11-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Because who the hell cares if were a perpetual 9-10 win team with cutler. I can't ever see us competing for a bowl as long as we have a wildcard like him at QB.
Eli has 2 Superbowls

Old
11-21-2013, 09:56 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Eli has 2 Superbowls
yea and he entered the league like 2 years before cutler. He's proven he can win, cutler hasn't.

Old
11-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Gootie
GOATie

The Giants are a perpetual 8,9,10 win team and Eli is a wildcard QB in the regular season. Cutler hasn't been as fortunate in getting to the playoffs with mediocre records.

Old
11-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Jay Cutler career with Bears to this point

38-26 as a starter (.593 winning pct)
14,200 yds (Ranked 2nd in franchise history)
95 Td's + 3 rushing TD's (Ranked 2nd in franchise history for TD passes)
71 INT (Ranked 3rd in franchise history ,, But still a good TD/INT ratio)
60.1 Comp % (Most accurate starter in franchise history)

Playoffs
1-1
354 yds
2 TD's (+ 2 rushing TD's)
1 INT

Really no rational explanation for the hate at this point. And the fact that Cutler was playing well and looked good in Trestman offense should be something the Bears should build off instead of destroy. Also 4 of Cutler's career losses he got injured ,, 3 he left in 2nd qtr so his winning % could have been hire if he woudlnt' have gotten hurt possibly

The offense of this team is fine. Bring back Cutler and add a speed threat and this offense could be elite

Old
11-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Playoffs
1-1
354 yds
1 INT

Really no rational explanation for the hate at this point. And the fact that Cutler was playing well and looked good in Trestman offense should be something the Bears should build off instead of destroy. Also 4 of Cutler's career losses he got injured ,, 3 he left in 2nd qtr so his winning % could have been hire if he woudlnt' have gotten hurt possibly

The offense of this team is fine. Bring back Cutler and add a speed threat and this offense could be elite
The most important stat from what you listed is playoff wins. One. That's not enough.

Old
11-21-2013, 10:31 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Playoffs
1-1
354 yds
1 INT

95:71 is a good td:int ratio in today's nfl? Please. His franchise rankings are completely meaningless - who cares how he compares to guys who played for the bears decades ago? And you left out the part where he's gotten injured each of the past 4 seasons and has only been in the playoffs 1/4 seasons. And his lone playoff win was vs a 7-9 seahawks team.

As far as your contention that we should keep cutler based on the fact he's look good in the offense this year, Mccown's performance completely undermines your argument. A 34 yr old journyman backup runs the offense basically as well as cutler, so where's the incentive to pay any decent money to him?

Old
11-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
- So it was Cutler's fault that he got hurt and Caleb Hanie sunk team in 2011?
- It was Cutler's fault that the D blew Seahawks game and it turned out to haunt Bears in wildcard chase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The most important stat from what you listed is playoff wins. One. That's not enough.
Well Cutler isn't reason that he only has had one chance at playoffs

Caleb Hanie and Coach Smith and his beloved prevent D have cost the Bears playoffs last 2 years

Old
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM
TheComingOfTheCrow

I just can't believe some fans would rather dump cutler and take our chances with another krenzel, quin, grossman, hanie, stewart... (and on and on) all cos he's not another erin rodgers

Old
11-21-2013, 11:33 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComingOfTheCrow View Post
I just can't believe some fans would rather dump cutler and take our chances with another krenzel, quin, grossman, hanie, stewart... (and on and on) all cos he's not another erin rodgers
She would be quite the quarterback.

Old
11-22-2013, 12:03 AM
RomersWorld*

Playoff wins are all that matters? Jeez. It is 2013 and we are seriously judging QBs based on a win stat? There are 10 other players on offense. There are 11 players on defense.

Roethlisberger, Manning(Eli), and Flacco have won 4 Superbowls between them and I'd put Cutler on their level.

Peyton Manning has 1 Superbowl win in his career and he has been incredible and elite. Brady hasn't won a Superbowl in like 8 years...is that his fault? Brees missed the playoffs last year. His fault. Funny how much a coach can make a difference...look at the Saints.

Players aren't clutch until they are. But they have to be put in situations to succeed. Cutler has had idiot coaches and injury problems where the team completely tanked without him. Now someone else does decent and Cutler is expendable? Give me a break. I'd like to see Cutler actually play a few more games with a competent coach and players. We have no one to replace him and McCown is not an answer. He wasn't even very good last game but we'll give him the weather factor. Lets see how he does this week after some teams have scouted and game planned for him.

Ultimately, Cutler is a QB that can win a Super Bowl. I'll stick with that until I see someone else on the roster who can. You want to invest in a QB in the 1st/2nd round and just drop Cutler? Well, Rex Grossman, Cade Mcnown, ect say it isn't wise.

Lets check the QBs taken in 2011...

2011: Jake Locker(8th overall), Blaine Gabbert(10th overall), Christian Ponder(12th overall)

JJ Watt(11th overall), Nick Fairley(13th overall), Robert Quinn(14 th overall), Ryan Kerrigan(16th overall)

I wonder if those teams regret taking QBs? By the time the Bears pick there will likely only be reaches for QBs that aren't worth it. If you want to rely on a 3rd/4th round steal..be my guest.

Old
11-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Sarava

I'm not saying to get rid of Cutler or to keep him. I'm kind of in the middle and undecided on that one. I will say that overall he has been a disappointment since the Bears traded for him. He should be better than he is with his talent.

Old
11-22-2013, 01:09 AM
massivegoonery

A disappointment for his talent, a huge success for a Bears QB.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:16 AM
digdug41982

Cutler is another Jake Plummer, except not even close to as durable. And correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the franchise tag have to pay him as a top 5 QB in salary? Because if so, that's the straw that breaks the camel's back. In no way should he be rewarded for this trash output we are getting. 6 or 7 starts, some good, some bad, yeah, **** that. Hope McCown breaks Orton's completions without an interception record and keeps winning to try and undo the mess Cutler left him with.

Closed Thread