HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

Old
12-10-2013, 10:46 AM
M Gaz
Goalie Killer

vCash: 2946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Ok but can we see some damn anger or passion?? Doesnt it bother you that this team does NOTHING? What if Hank gets hit in the head and gets concussed? Or your favorite Talbot?
Other teams know that we won't do anything if they start taking runs at our top guys. We need to build a rep that if you lay out and injure our star, we're gonna make the rest of the game absolute hell on your star.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:47 AM
egelband

vCash: 500
in general the rangers need to react to the dirty hits to lessen the odds they happen again.
but in this particular case, i dont think it was a dirty hit at all. maybe i'm wrong but it just seemed incidental. staal actually initiated it, didn't he? not saying that's the only factor, but staal was ready. maybe he's just kind of fragile, unfortunately.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:48 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Ok but can we see some damn anger or passion?? Doesnt it bother you that this team does NOTHING? What if Hank gets hit in the head and gets concussed? Or your favorite Talbot?
I just don't think retaliatory fighting solves anything.

Have a big physical team that can hit and punish a team that way is far more useful.

And I don't particularly like talbot. I just think it's a shame he is playing better than the highest paid goalie in the league

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:52 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
WIth all of this talk, is it possigble Staal gets the buyout? Or does he end up on IR and sit until his contract expires?
No point. He is only under contract for one more season.

Old
12-10-2013, 10:53 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I just don't think retaliatory fighting solves anything.

Have a big physical team that can hit and punish a team that way is far more useful.

And I don't particularly like talbot. I just think it's a shame he is playing better than the highest paid goalie in the league

Thats my point, we dont hit NOBODY

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:53 AM
EuroFlair
All series baby!

vCash: 50
What happen to Staal?

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Gaz View Post
Other teams know that we won't do anything if they start taking runs at our top guys. We need to build a rep that if you lay out and injure our star, we're gonna make the rest of the game absolute hell on your star.

Exactly. It pisses me off. Our team is scared!

Old
12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Nightshift

Sather better be on the phone with Stralmans agent this afternoon. You hate to speculate but you have to prepare for Staal being done, at least compared to what he was. Shame.

Nightshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Gaz View Post
if you dont stick up for your own teammates, that just proves to me that you dont care and the other teams know that and will use it to their advantage. these are the players that need to go... even though Boyle sucks at fighting at least he is always willing to stick up for someone.. i wish the guys with those letters on their jersey did more of that.. its pathetic...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
EuroFlair
All series baby!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshift View Post
Sather better be on the phone with Stralmans agent this afternoon. You hate to speculate but you have to prepare for Staal being done, at least compared to what he was. Shame.
Is it that bad?! ****.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:05 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Thats my point, we dont hit NOBODY
Yea. Having a bigger more physical team would be nice, but it still does nothing to prevent staal from being concussed

Old
12-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Ragnarok14

Wait, where's Crease to remove your posts for discussing "team toughness" issues in the Injury thread?! I have had posts removed and been chastised for no reason for the very same thing...
Mods?

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Nightshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Is it that bad?! ****.
They said concussion so yea I think so. To think this team could only be left with Mcdonagh and Del Zotto next season if things don't go well, oh my. Stralman walks, Girardi walk, and Staal not available.. Yikes!

Old
12-10-2013, 11:11 AM
TheTakedown764

still think stralman sticks... if he steps up this season and staal is forced to retire, no reason stralman shouldnt get some of that money

TheTakedown764 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Is it that bad?! ****.
Well with his third major injury in as many seasons, and looking completely lost since the eye injury, yeah it is that bad. He's All but done. There are underlying reasons for this sort of thing, but this is the Injury thread, so I'll leave it open to ponderance what those issues may be.

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
TheDave1022

Basically his brother ended his career....dont think he will ever be the same and the puck to the eye didnt help one bit.

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Feel pretty bad for the guy.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Nightshift

The slamming of the helmet is very telling now, if it wasn't before. He knew it this could be the end

Old
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

This is the injury thread. There is a separate thread for team toughness.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshift View Post
The slamming of the helmet is very telling now, if it wasn't before. He knew it this could be the end

That's not why the frustration

The frustration was from him battling back to play, only to be hurt again. Repeat. That's frustrating. Rehab sucks. Rehab from concussions sucks more. Rehabbing over and over from concussions and other injuries wears a guy out

Old
12-10-2013, 11:27 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Yea. Having a bigger more physical team would be nice, but it still does nothing to prevent staal from being concussed

Ok, its obvious you dont understand whats going on here so i'll leave you alone so you can blame everything on Hank. Good day

Old
12-10-2013, 11:31 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
Ok, its obvious you dont understand whats going on here so i'll leave you alone so you can blame everything on Hank. Good day
So would someone going and punching someone in the face prevent the opposing team from making a legal hit on staal?

The answer is no. Fighting is never going to prevent a legal hit. It just won't.

If you want a reaction to some dirty hit sure. But it's never going to prevent a legal hit.

Just look at the pens bruins game. Did Thornton pummeling Orpik into the ice prevent Erikssons concussion? Of course not.

Boston is one of the most physical intimidating teams in the league, and that absolutely does not prevent opposing teams from hitting their players. Legally or otherwise

Old
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
RangersHank*

Quote:
So would someone going and punching someone in the face prevent the opposing team from making a legal hit on staal?

The answer is no. Fighting is never going to prevent a legal hit. It just won't.

If you want a reaction to some dirty hit sure. But it's never going to prevent a legal hit.

Just look at the pens bruins game. Did Thornton pummeling Orpik into the ice prevent Erikssons concussion? Of course not.

Boston is one of the most physical intimidating teams in the league, and that absolutely does not prevent opposing teams from hitting their players. Legally or otherwise

They have nothing to do with each other. Our team doesnt do anything, period. I dont care what kind of hit it is.

Old
12-10-2013, 11:34 AM
slipknottin

Quote:
They have nothing to do with each other. Our team doesnt do anything, period. I dont care what kind of hit it is.
Exactly. Team toughness doesn't prevent Staals injury. So why do you keep bringing it up? It's irrelevant to anything

Old
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

considering all the head issues that Staal had to deal with the last 2 years.. what are the chances of Staal getting rest till after the Olympics or does he take the year off like Crosby?

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote