HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#19| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | November 12th | 7:00pm | F/W 3-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #26
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge
 
enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
just get a win and tread water....as down as i am on the team, when we get vanek, vis and strait back, we will be much better

enigmatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:44 AM
  #27
blitzkriegs
Registered User
 
blitzkriegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Beach & Mtn & Island
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Hope this team gets pumped up with the full support of a near sellout...

blitzkriegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:30 PM
  #28
steveat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
i think if we lose again head will roll..at least I hope.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
  #29
Mustang2750
Registered User
 
Mustang2750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Shocking...first career start for Marek Mazanec = first career win.

Bet the house on Nashville. Every team uses their backups or prospect goalies vs us to make them look like Hasek.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
  #30
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Shocking...first career start for Marek Mazanec = first career win.

Bet the house on Nashville. Every team uses their backups or prospect goalies vs us to make them look like Hasek.
Isles gonna jump on them early. Goal in the first 3 mins...book it.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:37 PM
  #31
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Wake up game. I expect a ton of effort shown. If not, then they clearly have lost all respect for Capuano:

5-3 Isles

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
  #32
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Let's ****ing go boys, wake up! Liked Nelson on line 1 and I think he could have hat 2-3 goals if he hit the freaking net....hopefully this game gets us going and I agree with the person who said isles just need to weather the storm till vanek, viz and strait come back.

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #33
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,399
vCash: 500
Great! NASH goalie making first career start. This should be fun. NASH got shutout and embarrassed by NJD last game so they should come out swinging

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:01 PM
  #34
LAPPY13
Registered User
 
LAPPY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 937
vCash: 500
I just don't get how Islanders can dress Donovan and Ness over Martinek.

Martinek might be a limited NHL D-man but he is still better than Donovan(I cant hit the puck on my slap-shot) and Ness(I am small soft and weak)

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:21 PM
  #35
BTrotts19
Registered User
 
BTrotts19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 3,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Shocking...first career start for Marek Mazanec = first career win.

Bet the house on Nashville. Every team uses their backups or prospect goalies vs us to make them look like Hasek.
Who are we starting? Please please please let it be Poulin..

BTrotts19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
  #36
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrotts19 View Post
Who are we starting? Please please please let it be Poulin..
It is poulin, staple tweeted it earlier...thought he looked decent last game, got hung out to dry a few times

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
  #37
LAPPY13
Registered User
 
LAPPY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 937
vCash: 500
Islanders need to score 4 plus goals tonight to have a chance at the win. My gut says Isles will let in at least 3 goals tonight.

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:46 PM
  #38
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge
 
enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
It is poulin, staple tweeted it earlier...thought he looked decent last game, got hung out to dry a few times
while i agree that he didnt look "bad" and that nabby sucks, it is very hypocritical of people on this board that to say the d hung poulin out to dry....if it was nabby in net, i bet we would see comments such as, "nabby cant bail out the defense when he needs to" or "he cant make the big save"....i understand we all want nabbys role lessened, but gosh, lets stop acting like poulin has proven he is anything more than a less than average goaltender

enigmatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #39
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,941
vCash: 250
Does Nashville have any skaters playing in their first game? If so you need to call an Atlantic City book and put money on him scoring.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
  #40
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,782
vCash: 500
After being miserable and sick all weekend, can we get a W please. Is that too much to ask?

__________________
Homeland Security is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:59 PM
  #41
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
  #42
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds
I find it crazy that he is only 3 points behind Stamkos. He has not been himself. Very slow start this year, yet still among the league leaders. Stretching back to last season, he is long overdue for a big game. We could see him #1 here shortly especially considering what just happen to Stamkos.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:18 PM
  #43
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
I just don't get how Islanders can dress Donovan and Ness over Martinek.

Martinek might be a limited NHL D-man but he is still better than Donovan(I cant hit the puck on my slap-shot) and Ness(I am small soft and weak)
AND Carkner. This has been boggling my mind more than any other recent line-up decision.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
  #44
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds
He had 2 points last game...

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
  #45
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds
He literally just had a multi-point game. Two assists against Montreal. Both primary and both on the PP.

I do agree though that he's due for a beast-mode night. I think Johnny is tired of the losing, and I'm hoping he comes out flying.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  #46
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
He literally just had a multi-point game. Two assists against Montreal. Both primary and both on the PP.

I do agree though that he's due for a beast-mode night. I think Johnny is tired of the losing, and I'm hoping he comes out flying.
We have yet to see a sustained beast mode Johnny all year, he has to be due for a break out game. It's definitely crazy that he's a top-10 scorer in the NHL yet has been playing at a B+ level all year. Wearing the C and having to adjust to new linemates, he's had to adjust things. When he hits his stride and is firing on all cylinders, he could carry this team for a while. Let's hope it starts this game.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  #47
BaileyToOkposo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
while i agree that he didnt look "bad" and that nabby sucks, it is very hypocritical of people on this board that to say the d hung poulin out to dry....if it was nabby in net, i bet we would see comments such as, "nabby cant bail out the defense when he needs to" or "he cant make the big save"....i understand we all want nabbys role lessened, but gosh, lets stop acting like poulin has proven he is anything more than a less than average goaltender
Obviously he hasn't had time to prove himself but he has impressed me with the little chances he's gotten. Nabby just looks awful this year

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
  #48
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
We have yet to see a sustained beast mode Johnny all year, he has to be due for a break out game. It's definitely crazy that he's a top-10 scorer in the NHL yet has been playing at a B+ level all year. Wearing the C and having to adjust to new linemates, he's had to adjust things. When he hits his stride and is firing on all cylinders, he could carry this team for a while. Let's hope it starts this game.
I guess that's what separates the good players from the great players. Great players will find ways to put up high-end numbers even when they aren't playing high-end hockey(at least not by their standards). Makes you wonder how the hell Giroux has started this year off so cold. You'd assume he would still at least be hovering around PPG... maybe a little less. 8 points in 16 games seems almost impossible for a guy like that.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
  #49
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I guess that's what separates the good players from the great players. Great players will find ways to put up high-end numbers even when they aren't playing high-end hockey(at least not by their standards). Makes you wonder how the hell Giroux has started this year off so cold. You'd assume he would still at least be hovering around PPG... maybe a little less. 8 points in 16 games seems almost impossible for a guy like that.
The Flyers only scored 26 goals in 16 games, obviously its not just him who is having a bad start to the year.

The Islanders have scored 51 goals in 18 games.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
  #50
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
The Flyers only scored 26 goals in 16 games, obviously its not just him who is having a bad start to the year.

The Islanders have scored 51 goals in 18 games.
Still, he was being compared to Crosby by some idiots a couple of years ago. All I know is, if the roles were reversed and the Isles were struggling that bad, and JT only had 8 points, he'd be getting crucified.

BTW, change your avatar. Dodgeball might be the worst movie ever made.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.