HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku comments Gainey

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Gainey RULZ

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Saku comments Gainey

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/...N3F78A935.html

(in french)

I don't have time tonight for translate this article.. so if somebody can, it will be appreciated

Old
09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Well, basically, Koivu and Garon are saying that they are glad that Bob stepped up in favour of Brisebois, but that at first they were a little surprised to see that happening. Koivu also say that Brisebois is our best dman ( ), and that everyone wants him to feel good, so that it was important that Gainey did it.

That's the important part... nothing surprising about it...

Old
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
. Koivu also say that Brisebois is our best dman ( ),...
It's not so far from the truth.

Markov is the best, but who's #2?

Old
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Corey

I'm beginning to question Koivu's credibility. He also gushed over Ryder recently.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76
It's not so far from the truth.

Markov is the best, but who's #2?
Exactly what I meant: Markov is cleary #1, Brisebois ISN'T the BEST dman on this team.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:26 PM
tritone

Just a Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Koivu also say that Brisebois is our best dman ( ),

Maybe Koivu is trying to raise Brisebois's trade value? could be a lot smarter than we all think.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:57 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
OK

I am not a big Brisebois fan, and I do like Markov a lot better, but Markov had ONE GREAT SEASON. I know now all of you will read that part and say I am an idiot, fine, but what I am saying is he only had one. I pray to god he gets better and better, but who knows. Koivu is looking at Brisebois from years of being a teamate and knows what he can do. For example, any of you play like NHL or some game like that, get the game and see the rating for a player is completely off, like in NHL 2002, Darryl Shannon was like 75 and Souray was like a 68. What I am saying is sometimes the talent gets lost in the stats. Brisebois had an awful year last year, so did A LOT of habs. Audette sucked, Chow sucked, Theo sucked(DO NOT DEBATE THIS, ONLY STATING A FACT FOR OTHER THINGS)... We had a lot of talent, just no #s, so in other words, Koivu is either talking about the skills Brisebois has or had. I am sure Koivu knows how good Markov is, they do a lot of nice plays together, but Brisebois has been around for awhile, and well I think he is a lot better then his stats, and will rebound this year, or will be in the doghouse for the rest of his career. So I think Koivu is talking about what he has seen, and wants to see again, again, no one knows what Brisebois will show up.

EDIT: I wrote I am not a big Markov fan, which I didn't mean, I meant I wasn't a big Brisebois fan, sigh, typing at 12 is not a good idea.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
I'm beginning to question Koivu's credibility. He also gushed over Ryder recently.

Yes because the Montreal media's credibility is so much better. The media misquoting, misusing, and misrepresenting a person, NO, NEVER.

Yet another fan taking the media as one hundred percent gospal truth.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:25 PM
HABitude

You're not an idiot CrAzY_NiNe, your ideas are expressed with sense.
Ok. Let's give Patrice a chance to rebound.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
If I`m Patrice Brisebois and I`ve been a hab for more than 10 years I don`t want the captain of the team telling the Media that Andrei Markov who has only played 1 full season in the NHL is our best Dman. Markov had a very good season and I`m sure he`ll get even better but as it is Brisebois is our number 1 defenceman. Koivu just gave him yet another reason to play his best. It seems he`s coming in with a better attitude (playing hard, he`s bulked up alittle)...teammates and the GM are standing up for him, this could be the year (god willing) that Breezy puts all those crappy years behind him and shows he can be solid at both ends on a consistant basis. I hope

Old
09-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Marksman

I think that quote from Koivu tells more about Habs defence than Brisebois.

There is nothing wrong with him being polite like that, as he was with Ryder. Completely sincere and honest captain would last about 15 minutes in Montreal.

I'm sure Saku respects Gainey for saying what he did - thats something players have wanted to say for years. Actually some have: Rivet, anyone? Gainey can get away with it... not having to play every night in front of those fans, and he gets respect being part of dynasty.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Markov may have the potential to be the no 1, but Breezy has a cup, and has consistantly produced for over 10 years. Can anybody say Markov will score 40-50 points next year? No. Not to say brisebois will, but we have seen the worst of Brisebois, and even him being at his worst is still #4-5 material on most teams. We have not seen the worst of Markov, and we have seen him at times where he simply wasn't nhl material.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:34 AM
mcphee

I think Koivu said "breezer is one of our best D men" All he was saying was that he was a valuable part of the team.

Closed Thread