HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Some college late round thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Some college late round thoughts

A couple of guys to think about later on in the draft. All these kids are touted as being good skaters and can move with and without the puck.

In no order;
Tom Gorowski C 6'1 190 U of Wisconsin
Justin Abdelkadar LW 6'1 195 MSU
Andrew Thomas D 6'2 210 U of Denver
Joseph Fallon G U of Vermont
Ben Cottreau C 5'11 210 Mercyhurst
Joe Grimaldi D 6' 200 U of Neb-Omaha
Brian Salcido D 6'2 188 CC (was at prospect camp and some of you have thoughts about him)
Nathan Davis C 6'1 190 Miami-Oh
Tom Fritsche LW 5'11 185 Ohio ST
Jonathon Matsumoto C 5'11 204 Bowling Green

Not all these guys will be studs, but some could be our late round 5th+ picks, some will be gone before then. Not sure I'd choose any with our 3rd but what the h... do I know. Some talent, good skating, good hockey sense, not a ton of size but I think now size will be over-rated with the new rules. I'n not talking about midgets, just saying that there may be less a need for 6'7 guys who have poor skating.
Ah, just some thoughts.

Old
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Not all these guys will be studs, but some could be our late round 5th+ picks, some will be gone before then. Not sure I'd choose any with our 3rd but what the h... do I know. Some talent, good skating, good hockey sense, not a ton of size but I think now size will be over-rated with the new rules. I'n not talking about midgets, just saying that there may be less a need for 6'7 guys who have poor skating.
Ah, just some thoughts.
Abdelkader is definitely someone I'm looking forward to the Kings drafting. Sasha Pokuluk also sounds like a good all around defenseman. However, if you want a beast, go for Joe Finley. He's 6'7 and 240, according to McKeens. He's a defenseman, and so could be a great steal in the Zdeno Chara mold. He's in the USHL, so I'm just guessing he'll take the collegiate route as well.

Old
07-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Abdelkader is definitely someone I'm looking forward to the Kings drafting. Sasha Pokuluk also sounds like a good all around defenseman. However, if you want a beast, go for Joe Finley. He's 6'7 and 240, according to McKeens. He's a defenseman, and so could be a great steal in the Zdeno Chara mold. He's in the USHL, so I'm just guessing he'll take the collegiate route as well.
As long as he can skate, the last thing we need is another Kuznetsov. The report said he needs to work on his skating and mobility, red flag if you ask me. My list is basic, but the one thing they all have in common is the ability to skate well combined with good hockey sense.
Would you use our 3rd for Abdelkader or is that too high?

Closed Thread