HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Old
11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Championship*

vCash: 500
Can't wait till they get scored against 1st and lose the game. I'll be right here fellas. It will happen and it will happen with a large frequency.

Yes, I enjoy being right. I am incredibly childish and I don't give a ****!

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

can the Rangers call up someone.. heck id rather have Haley or even Michael Kantor than Pouliot right now

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Fire AV
#NotMyCoach

vCash: 420
The past 4 season we were ranked:

12th
10th
6th
15th

in win% when trailing first.

what exactly are you on about?

11-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
can the Rangers call up someone.. heck id rather have Haley or even Michael Kantor than Pouliot right now
Yogan.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Yogan.
yea i like him. i hope he gets called up. he would be more useful than Pyatt and Pouliot. they stink....

Old
11-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Miller only 5 mins.. i wish they would send this kid down already if they cant find him 12 mins at least. he isnt getting much ice time here for some reason... its a waste..

Old
11-13-2013, 01:22 AM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

I'm right. The rest of you are wrong and I'm just so damn awesome...and clever. I'm so smart, and funny, and sexy, and brilliant, and I'm right. Don't forget that everyone. I can put two and two together and get four. I'm so proud of myself. Allow me to bask in the glory of being...right. Always.

Since nobody else wants to pat me on the back and congratulate me I'll just do it myself.

2Leetch_94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:27 AM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

And when you think about it...the Devils managed to score first three different times. @ 0-0, @ 1-1, and @ 2-2. That's pretty damn impressive that they ended up winning tonight. I think we're on to something here.

Oh, I'm still right.

2Leetch_94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:35 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Positives:

~ We got 2 goals from the backend, congrats to Danny G on his first of the season, and Daft Punk's first since the opener.

~ Kreider continues 1st line caliber play. Rad. Obviously, he's our best producer per-game, thus far.

~ Zucc is a much better player since his benching.

~ Just thought of all the great jokes if Zuccarello ever gets a SC ring.

~ Ryan "MacTruck McDonagh is 3rd overall in NYR scoring with 11 points [4, 7], with an assist tonight; 1 point ahead of the Manimal.

~ People are so busy arguing about trivialities, no one is crapping on Boyle for no reason. Once again our best guy on Face-offs, tonight by far, at 60%. :-)

~ I hear that they're renovating the Garden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
No babe threads

bobe, pls

Last edited by aufheben: 11-13-2013 at 03:49 AM.
aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:16 AM
mike14

hang on, why is Staal now known as 'Daft Punk'?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:22 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
hang on, why is Staal now known as 'Daft Punk'?
His new visor.

Old
11-13-2013, 02:23 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
His new visor.
man am I slow on the uptake...

thanks

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:26 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
man am I slow on the uptake...

thanks
I would have no idea what Daft Punk was if reddit didn't exist, haha. I'm glad Staal has a truly safe visor though, obviously. Hopefully his goal this evening can spark a little offense in him, that would be a big help. I thought he looked good tonight.

Old
11-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Terrible luck and Lundqvist forgot this wasn't the playoffs and gave up a disgusting goal. Seriously he should apologize to the team. That was a ****ing disgrace. We dominated that game.
How can you get on Hanks case THIS MUCH after a soft goal when he's been outstanding in the past few games he's played in?

LOL after rewatching the game: that amazing save on Ryder in the 1st pretty much cancels out his "soft" goal so there you go.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:12 AM
ajdj10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
How can you get on Hanks case THIS MUCH after a soft goal when he's been outstanding in the past few games he's played in?

LOL after rewatching the game: that amazing save on Ryder in the 1st pretty much cancels out his "soft" goal so there you go.
Well if he didn't let any goals in we would have won by 2-0 or even more.
Same with every other game.

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:57 AM
jniklast

How can you blame Girardi on the 3rd goal? He played the 2-on-1 pretty good, and his shot block would've put the puck to the corner, if not for McDonagh, who also was responsible for the 2-on-1.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:38 AM
mullichicken25

By and large this was a good game that showed improvement from both teams since the ugly early days of the season.

These games are always touted as Marty vs Hank, and rightfully so. Both teams tested the opponents goalie and both goalies made some great saves.

But at the end of the day, Marty made enough big saves to win and bested Hank this time around.

I'm not too disappointed, the team is playing well as a whole and has done nearly a complete 180 from the debacle at the beginning of the year. Its not often that we lose the goaltending battle and with the way Hank has been playing it's still not something I expect to see very often.

mullichicken25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:54 AM
JHS

A lot of people going a bit overboard with some comments about "must win" game against Montreal after loosing this one. Please, it's November. The Rangers looked good again last night generating a ton of scoring chances and again looked like the faster team out there! Marty just played great and it is tough to win when the other goalie plays to the level Marty did. I think we all got a taste of what it is like when Hank steals games for us.

Couple of negatives though- Pouliot. What on earth is he doing basically axe chopping the legs out from under the devils defenseman behind the net in the 3rd period. The puck is literally 200 feet from his goal when he took that penalty. Offensive zone penalties are inexcusable, especially in the third period!

Brassard- where on earth is he right now? I'd honestly like to see Brassard play with Miller and Pouliot( insert Nash or Hagelin here once Nash returns) as our 3rd line but I have to tell you, I'd really be tempted to scratch Brassard once Moore comes back if his play does not improve. He needs to be given a message that cruising around the perimeter of the ice not winning lose pucks and getting bumped off the puck so easily is not getting it done!

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:36 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Tend to lose USUALLY? No, they lose THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.
I'm sorry that this fact has made you so upset, but take it out on the NYR, not me.

If I told you that the it was "When the Rangers get scored on first they win the majority of the time", would you have started this argument with me? Probably not, because it's a positive towards the Rangers.

This board doesn't like to hear anything bad said about the Rangers. Even when it's staring them right in the face.
I really want this argument to die, but I have a terrible character flaw I can't have someone have the last word when they have no idea what they're talking about.

1) I concede "tend to lose" was a poor choice of words. I actually realized that after posting it. I used "tend" as a derivative of "tendency" but made it sound like a weak trend. "Usually lose" this season is better, hell "almost always lose" this season is better.

2) There are 2 incredibly frustrating things about arguing with you. One, is that you seem to not understanding statistical concepts that someone that has hit double digits in age should be able to understand yet feel the need to say you're 100% right. Two, is that you seem to think that people are disagreeing with you about the Rangers losing most of their games this season and/or in general or just don't want to hear bad things and are therefore mad. Meanwhile, every poster so far has flat out AGREED that they lose usually when they don't score the first goal. So either you're not wasting everyone's time by not reading their posts, have a reading comprehension problem, or perhaps, you're throwing a little strawman in there just so that you can be RIGHT and WIN your argument 100%. It's like arguing with a little kid.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Ail
Dear Friend Pape

I had two cups of coffee and my body is still not ready for this thread.

Also, still mad about the loss. Dovols, plus.

11-13-2013, 06:44 AM
SnowblindNYR

As far as the game goes. It's just incredibly frustrating, especially with 2 games coming up. If we win 1 of those games it will be some feat. That said this is the most impressed I've been with a Rangers offense in years. Only thing that was missing other than finish was a PP. This is the type of team I've been yearning for. Fast skating, good passing, creates good chances off the rush and forecheck. When Nash comes back, IMO this team will be really good. I'm holding out hope that Brassard didn't forget how to play hockey and Nash will wake him the **** up. We give up more chances against than in recent years, but honestly since we've started playing better we haven't been giving up more goals, even though Florida and NJ scored 3 each (bad offenses can score 3 sometimes, especially when they get great bounces and bad goals against). What people have been saying about the D being good enough and Lundqvist being good enough to not play the Torts system seems like it might be right. I still want to see the D play like it did for most of the Pitt game. I feel like the D hasn't been that good since then against worse opponent by far.

Old
11-13-2013, 06:44 AM
NHRangerfan

Please stop blaming the refs and linesman...starting to sound like Devils fans.

And luck...well teams make their own luck, nobody was complaining about luck when CBJ scored an own goal.

Soft goal by Hank, lettting a 4th liner beat you again...hard to say that the Rangers deserved to win here.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 06:45 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
The past 4 season we were ranked:

12th
10th
6th
15th

in win% when trailing first.

what exactly are you on about?
I didn't even realize that. That just made my day.

Old
11-13-2013, 06:57 AM
NYR2007

I had to re watch this game after watching it live. But the rangers had many scoring opportunities in this game. I felt that we were the better team. Our third and fourth line looks out of synch . Poul. Looks absolutely lost and bass. Hasn't been noticeable much.

I thought DZ had another good game and I was surprised to see Jägr so effective this game , should be interesting to see if he can keep it up for 82 games.

Only thing I would change is mash. Guy looks out of place and out of position a lot. You can see the effort, but he seems to be not good at reading the plays in the NHL .... Shame cause I love players that can hit and fight but he looks like he can't keep up with the pace

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

A big hearty LOL to the people blaming Girardi for the 3rd goal. That was on McDonagh, who made a bad read in both the neutral and defensive zone on that play.

Its tough to win hockey games consistently when a full 1/3rd of your forward corp is utterly useless. Brassard, Pouliot, Mashinter, and to a lesser degree Miller (he gets the benefit of the doubt because he should be down developing).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote