HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2013, 07:04 AM
  #301
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 387
I'm not even mad. Appart from the 2nd goal that was on the wrong end of worst goal of the season, everything else sorts under "It happens". It sucks to point a finger at Hank becuse he bails this team out so often it feels unfair to blame him for anything.

Streiderello came to play hockey, except the St was a bit more anonymus than his two linemates.

I think Dorsett had an ok match, I've stopped hating him since he cut out the Pouliot penalties.

Dont even know where to begin with Pouliot.. he knows AV is expecting more of him, he knows he's on a short leash, and he goes forth and gets himself a offensive zone penalty. I kinda feel for the guy because he's made some good plays until he completely lost his groove, and now he is the odd man out on this team. He makes me miss Pyatt. Its time for AV to give him the Zucc treatment and scratch his ass, and hope it works.

The PP was pretty brutal again, but you just have to commend the Devils for some solid PK'ing.

All in all, I dont think this was a bad performance from the Rangers, even if we lost I still feel like the game as a acceptable performance from the squad. We lose to personal cockups, not a systematic failure. Which is always the prefered option if one has to lose a game. (Its way easier to fix personal mistakes).

You're bound to lose games during a season and this was one of those times.. just dont make a habit out of it

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:15 AM
  #302
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,272
vCash: 500
We just let in WAAAAYYYY too many goals to beat NJD.

You need to make NJD work hard to score one (1) goal. They will never give you a bunch of goals.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:20 AM
  #303
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Please stop blaming the refs and linesman...starting to sound like Devils fans.

And luck...well teams make their own luck, nobody was complaining about luck when CBJ scored an own goal.

Soft goal by Hank, lettting a 4th liner beat you again...hard to say that the Rangers deserved to win here.
Well considering Tyutin scored a lucky goal there it was a wash.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:22 AM
  #304
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
A big hearty LOL to the people blaming Girardi for the 3rd goal. That was on McDonagh, who made a bad read in both the neutral and defensive zone on that play.

Its tough to win hockey games consistently when a full 1/3rd of your forward corp is utterly useless. Brassard, Pouliot, Mashinter, and to a lesser degree Miller (he gets the benefit of the doubt because he should be down developing).
Eh, the Rangers created enough chances to win the game 35 shots and a good amount of good chances. Unlike the Ducks game where we had a lot of shots but few chances. I agree that the 3rd and 4th line are doing nothing offensively, but in this game the first two lines were enough. A good amount of teams have 1 line if they're lucky.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:27 AM
  #305
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Eh, the Rangers created enough chances to win the game 35 shots and a good amount of good chances. Unlike the Ducks game where we had a lot of shots but few chances. I agree that the 3rd and 4th line are doing nothing offensively, but in this game the first two lines were enough. A good amount of teams have 1 line if they're lucky.
No doubt they had more shots than the Devils. Very arguable that they had the better scoring chances.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:39 AM
  #306
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Mistakes were made by several leading up to the 3rd goal, but hats off to Girardi for sealing the deal as
He usually does. He's a boob. Machinehead defined his play perfectly.

Some pick and choose reasons to defend players outside of reality

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:47 AM
  #307
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,725
vCash: 50
I had cooled off significantly since last night, and was in a good mood this morning until I read that Hank/Marty thread on the main board. Why do I do this to myself?

That Montreal game is a must-win, not because of points or to better our record, but because I will have a mental breakdown if they lose.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 07:52 AM
  #308
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
I bring stats to show that it wasn't a coincidence, so yes, I'm completely right. See, I have these things called "Facts", and "Facts" back up my argument. 1-8 when not scoring first. Did it "Just so happen" they lost those games too? It happens every year, not just this year.

Prove me wrong. Otherwise, I'm completely 100% right. Sorry that bothers you so much.
Sorry but you just sound ridiculous. Stats don't tell the whole story. The 1st goal is not why we lost, that is what you keep ignoring. Stats are indeed facts, but the theory you are positing does not apply to this individual game. Yes, over a long period of time, be scored against first would show some indication, BUT not in this particular case.

They lost because of two bad judgements by McDonagh late in periods 2 and 3, and a terrible read by Lundqvist.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:05 AM
  #309
cjc5103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
We need to stop letting those loose rebounds get chipped at right in front of Hank when our 2 defense are clueless. That's what happened vs Florida with 2 of their goals and that's what happened on the 3rd goal yesterday. Inexcusable.

We need better work from our defenseman in front of Hank if he's gonna stop anything. But he had a terrible game as well. That 2nd goal 5 hole was atrocious.

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  #310
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Eh, the Rangers created enough chances to win the game 35 shots and a good amount of good chances. Unlike the Ducks game where we had a lot of shots but few chances. I agree that the 3rd and 4th line are doing nothing offensively, but in this game the first two lines were enough. A good amount of teams have 1 line if they're lucky.
One thinks we'd have won this if the Streiderello's would stop bathing with snakes before every game

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  #311
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
This happens often. It's ok. I'll just sit back and wait. And I'll continue to be proven right.

Ask yourself this question though, who should you be more upset at, me for being right, or the Rangers for proving me right?

Your anger is misplaced.
It's not about being right or wrong it's about you not even understanding what everyone else says to you. You were right about the thing you said. Snowblind then pointed out that it doesn't actually matter what you said. His point which is now an entirely new point, is that in the context of this game your point has no meaning and is simply coincidence for this one specific game. This is something which HE is right about but you refuse to admit to this second thing because it detracts from your self aggrandizing ego narrative. My personal suspicion is you are just trolling but it wasn't picked up on and so I raise a glass; here's to the destruction of this thread, much to the chagrin of all those with common sense.

self-aggrandizing
Self-aggrandizing is the process of claiming past accomplishments or attributes about one's self that promote one's self. Typically, these claims stretch the truth or may even be outright lies.
Someone with delusions of grandeur would make self-aggrandizing claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
This board doesn't like to hear anything bad said about the Rangers. Even when it's staring them right in the face.
K this is pure gold I also lol'd when I got to this


Last edited by shinchanyo: 11-13-2013 at 08:32 AM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:21 AM
  #312
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,433
vCash: 500
It's a long season.

Hank let in a SUPER-SOFTIE.

The team wasn't able to bail him out... although they made a decent effort at it. Marty played well.

What r u gonna do?

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:45 AM
  #313
cjc5103
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
I like the way most of the team has been playing as of late. We're not super let down once we're behind and we're playing better. Much better passing, getting out of our own zone, and hard work in the offensive zone.

One question I have is, why do we go with the dump in on the PP all the time? The past few games where we've found success has been when we're driving in the zone and drop off the puck. Seems to be a lot easier to set up the PP that way... we all know we lose possession during the dump and chase...

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:45 AM
  #314
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
It's a long season.

Hank let in a SUPER-SOFTIE.

The team wasn't able to bail him out... although they made a decent effort at it. Marty played well.

What r u gonna do?
Exactly. We had our chances and didn't get it done. It's as simple as that. Why does every game need to be either and indictment or affirmation of this team's ability to compete for a cup? The Rangers are good enough to have won yesterday, but they didn't win. That's why they play the games.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:46 AM
  #315
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
No doubt they had more shots than the Devils. Very arguable that they had the better scoring chances.
The Devils had some A+ chances but we had decently more and also very good ones. BTW, I just remembered there was a time in that 11-12 season where we allowed breakaway or breakaway goals in like 4 or 5 games in a row.

Honestly, the Rangers allowed good chances even that year. I'll gladly take the trade of of getting more chances if it means we allow a few more with our goalie (usually). It's not like we shut it down in 11-12 even with all of our grinding defensive forwards.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:27 AM
  #316
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
read the team was pissed after the loss. Hank threw a water bottle........heck I did too........seriously I did, lol

They should be mad cause they blew atleast a point. Good thing is the team seems to have higher standards now

Win in Montreal !

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:30 AM
  #317
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
can the Rangers call up someone.. heck id rather have Haley or even Michael Kantor than Pouliot right now
well Mashinter plays like 2 minutes a game so first step is getting Moore back in the lineup on Saturday

Then Nash should be able to get back soon and your bud Pouliott can sit. OR they may send Miller down instead for playing time. Likely later, sorry dude

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:42 AM
  #318
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,074
vCash: 500
poor effort. they beat us basically on a really bad hank 5 hole ****up.

however, devils outplayed us imo and out chanced us. not acceptable. they had alot of good looks. fatso outplayed hank and defensively we had too many breakdowns. del zoto i thought had another efficient game. he seems to be gaining confidence which can only help. the rest of the d was pretty brutal running around.

when you only score 2 goals you usually wont win. this team still needs nash and another shooter. the lineup continues to show signs of offensive strangulation.

the pp was ineffective and 2 goals isnt enough unless hank plays flawless. he didnt. we lost. we need that pp to click. like always, its essential to our success.

moving on.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 09:59 AM
  #319
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
A number of key players looked awful, especially Richards and Cally up front. Stepan is finding his game but still looks a step behind the rest of his line. Miller struggled. Pouliot is continuing to look like he forgets which team he plays for.

After a slow start the Rangers were the better team. Hanks softie was rough. It happens.

The PP struggled because they were unable to gain entry to the zone. This was what we saw for years under Torts: hold on to the puck too long so when you do dump it in or gain the zone the rest of your team is standing still. If you don't gain the zone and move the puck around the PKers never tire out. Richards was the culprit a few times. Bad habits die hard. You can see that with the occasional goal-to-other-blueline-icing stretch pass (that never works) or the insistence in forcing the puck up the boards.

I want to be mad at some players for fumbling with the puck (Boyle had control issues all night) but it looked like the ice was terrible. Puck was jumping on both teams all night.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:14 AM
  #320
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,433
vCash: 500
Really what folks should be concerned about is the fact that last night is the new book on how to beat the "New" NYR. They took away our space... and forced us to dump the puck. Marty handles the puck so well and we aren't as strong on the boards anymore.

Recipe for disaster.

Same with the PP. We couldn't enter the zone.

If AV doesn't have an answer to the way the Devs played last night... we will struggle against anyone playing that style.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:22 AM
  #321
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Really what folks should be concerned about is the fact that last night is the new book on how to beat the "New" NYR. They took away our space... and forced us to dump the puck. Marty handles the puck so well and we aren't as strong on the boards anymore.

Recipe for disaster.

Same with the PP. We couldn't enter the zone.

If AV doesn't have an answer to the way the Devs played last night... we will struggle against anyone playing that style.
The Devils currently combine their trapping with a Torts' style six-goalie-system. Most teams will struggle to consistently generate offense against that. You can't blame them though, that way they have managed some wins...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:24 AM
  #322
Ian
Mike York fan club
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Really what folks should be concerned about is the fact that last night is the new book on how to beat the "New" NYR. They took away our space... and forced us to dump the puck. Marty handles the puck so well and we aren't as strong on the boards anymore.

Recipe for disaster.

Same with the PP. We couldn't enter the zone.

If AV doesn't have an answer to the way the Devs played last night... we will struggle against anyone playing that style.
The thing is though, if a team plays like that against the Rangers, they shouldn't be able to score more than 1-2 goals, which is what the Rangers will still likely score.

If the goalie gives up a freebie and the team allows 2 goals on complete brainfarts, that's when they'll lose every time.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:29 AM
  #323
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,433
vCash: 500
For years I have wondered why we dump the puck hard, or directly at Marty? He's like a 3rd defender back there.

Soft dump in the corners is ALL YOU CAN DO.

We really have screwed that up for as long as Marty's been back there.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:39 AM
  #324
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,001
vCash: 500
I also read the team was infuriated after the loss. That's good, glad to hear they're enraged about such a close game. Something really encouraging is that whenever they're scored on, they don't roll over and die. They fight back and want that goal to tie it. We saw them just give up and lose a lot of momentum too often over the last few years. That game was the trappiest of traps by the Devils. They played a good road game, but if Hank doesn't let in those softies, game is 2-1 Rangers. You're not going to score that many goals against a trap team. I still liked the effort.

Hopefully we score a goal at the Bell this Saturday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
The thing is though, if a team plays like that against the Rangers, they shouldn't be able to score more than 1-2 goals, which is what the Rangers will still likely score.

If the goalie gives up a freebie and the team allows 2 goals on complete brainfarts, that's when they'll lose every time.
Agreed with this post. Trap teams trap because they can't score for ****. It's their only way to win. Hank plays like Hank and this is a win.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 10:51 AM
  #325
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
poor effort. they beat us basically on a really bad hank 5 hole ****up.

however, devils outplayed us imo and out chanced us. not acceptable. they had alot of good looks. fatso outplayed hank and defensively we had too many breakdowns. del zoto i thought had another efficient game. he seems to be gaining confidence which can only help. the rest of the d was pretty brutal running around.

when you only score 2 goals you usually wont win. this team still needs nash and another shooter. the lineup continues to show signs of offensive strangulation.

the pp was ineffective and 2 goals isnt enough unless hank plays flawless. he didnt. we lost. we need that pp to click. like always, its essential to our success.

moving on.
There's no way they outchanced us. Maybe their higher end chances were better than ours, however we consistently had more chances then them.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.