HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 to Bishop's pads in OT.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM
  #226
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wish he still played for the Yankees.

Cashman
I don't know a lot about baseball, but I'm surprised the Yankees couldn't match what Pittsburgh offered to Russell.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  #227
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Aceekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
These PGT titles are pathetic.
are you saying bishop doesn't have big ass pads? cause he does.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  #228
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He said that PK playing 28min, leading our team with 8 shots, 4 attempts blocked, 3 blocked shots, 1 hit, just wasn't good enough. That he wasn't impressed, it was a ''meh'' or ''blah'' performance.
I think pk can play better, but I also thinks there's a choke chain around his neck 5-5.


he NEVER throws the big hit anymore, and I miss the aspect of forwards thinking twice about what pk would do. now he forces the dump in, and markov retrieves the puck...just once I want to see pk flying at the guy. he use to do it once a game, and I don't think I've witnessed it this year.

things will open up in the transition game if forwards are overthinking. right now, it's easy to play against the habs d. they're predictable.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  #229
dcyhabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Pilkington View Post
But he's a defenceman!

I find that Therrien makes shootout/personnel decisions like he's baking cookies with his grandma.
I think Therrien prefers to lose with his friends then win with the best available. It would be admirable in a less competitive environment but in the NHL it doesn't work well.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  #230
McSorleyStick
GIJON !
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 21,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Price is the reason we got into shootout in the first place.
Yes he is


But he still sucks at shootouts

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  #231
Darth Joker
Registered User
 
Darth Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,802
vCash: 500
I'm starting to seriously think we should try to trade for a shootout specialist. Consistently losing these shootouts will catch up to us over time and hurt our place in the standings.

You can't really blame Price here. You can't win in the shootout if your team doesn't score at all.

Plus, Price is almost the sole reason we even got a point out of this game.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
  #232
HatTricK09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I'm starting to seriously think we should try to trade for a shootout specialist. Consistently losing these shootouts will catch up to us over time and hurt our place in the standings.

You can't really blame Price here. You can't win in the shootout if your team doesn't score at all.

Plus, Price is almost the sole reason we even got a point out of this game.
I think we should try and get someone who can score goals on a constant basis so we can finally have 2 real scoring line instead of rolling with whatever line came to play that night.
We scored 1 goal off a lucky bounce... we aren't winning anything like that, there's no shootouts in playoff.

We have good depth but we also need a game changer forward, a team can't win with just a star player, but a team can't win with just depth either. They need a balance of both.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
  #233
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,244
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
are you saying bishop doesn't have big ass pads? cause he does.
He is a big man that has to follow the same equipment rules that the rest of the goalies do.

Should he wear pads up to his kneecaps?

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:46 PM
  #234
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I have never seen such an atrocious D that we have right now. Turnovers after turnovers after turnovers. It seemed so easy for the Lightinings. What happened to those guys in one year? They used to get the puck out of the zone so quickly. Now Price get bombarded 35 shots a game minimum. Pu capabe Bouillon!

And what's JJ Daigneault's love affair with Diaz?
Yes, but Subban and Markov were just as bad at getting the puck out as every other DMan.

Its Therrien's new system or lack of a system.......not the players. It appears that Therrien has told the D to get the puck out as quickly as they can. Which leads to blind passes to the other team.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:47 PM
  #235
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
The Therrien bashing is getting out of hand, and the sky falling when the Habs lose a shootout. Two shootout losses and you'd think it was ten. MT chose three players with noted quick releases..the team had the scouting report right to have good shooters...you think Therrien controls the players in shootouts from the bench with strings? The Habs have no shootout superstars... in fact they have no one of shootout repute at all...so how is it always the coach's fault who he chooses? I'm not a Therrien lover, but not everything is the coach's fault.

Players aren't usually instructed what to do before shootouts..they may be offered some advice, but they try to read the goalie....as most players will tell you..you don't think about it, you just rely on instinct. You may go in considering going 5-hole, but if it's not there, you try something else.

It's easy to bash Therrien's choices when they don't succeed. Give the opposing goalie some credit..he was extremely solid all night. I'm sure Gally would have liked to shoot but Bishop is huge and was not giving him anything. Briere actually took a very good shot but Bishop covered so much room he barely had to move. Briere's shot would have beaten a lot of goalies.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:47 PM
  #236
groovejuice
Registered User
 
groovejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Hard to judge, since we played most of OT shorthanded.
Didn't see the game unfortunately. Nevertheless this carries back to last year when we had very few OT wins.

We're they reasonable penalties?

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  #237
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Murray really helped our PK and brings thoughness at the blueline.
Bouillon didn't help the PK or the PP....and he is -9 at 5 on 5.

The smart choices is to drop Bouillon when Emelin will be back.
Bouillon isn't helping anywhere right now.

In the 3rd, i think Therrien finally put the lines we need to see.

Briere did in 1 game at center, what DD was unable to do in 17 games..
He scored a goal....plus he got 2 shots. For me it's already a non-sense to get him out of center.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust/Parros

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Murray - Diaz

I think this kind of line-up can be very effective.
Thougher-bigger defense, 3 lines that can scores goals and take the heat off from each other...like last year.

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  #238
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Even though it wasn't a great game.

I just don't see where Desharnais is fitting in now. Seems like he is slowly going to be losing his spot from younger, bigger, and faster guys. Briere atleast didn't kill all offense tonight when getting into the zone.

I wonder where Desharnais is going to headed from here.

With Prust coming back to the lineup I find it possibly even harder to find him a roster spot without messing things up. Prust is like our spark plug and another forward will have to come out the lineup.

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bournival Plekanec Gionta
Pacioretty Briere Bourque
Moen White Prust

Parros / Desharnais


Just seem like Desharnais is going to be hard to get back in the lineup unless big struggles comes.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:51 PM
  #239
WeberBombs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Bouillon and Bourque were awful tonight.

Thank god for Carey.

WeberBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:52 PM
  #240
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
The Therrien bashing is getting out of hand, and the sky falling when the Habs lose a shootout. Two shootout losses and you'd think it was ten. MT chose three players with noted quick releases..the team had the scouting report right to have good shooters...you think Therrien controls the players in shootouts from the bench with strings? The Habs have no shootout superstars... in fact they have no one of shootout repute at all...so how is it always the coach's fault who he chooses? I'm not a Therrien lover, but not everything is the coach's fault.

Players aren't usually instructed what to do before shootouts..they may be offered some advice, but they try to read the goalie....as most players will tell you..you don't think about it, you just rely on instinct. You may go in considering going 5-hole, but if it's not there, you try something else.

It's easy to bash Therrien's choices when they don't succeed. Give the opposing goalie some credit..he was extremely solid all night. I'm sure Gally would have liked to shoot but Bishop is huge and was not giving him anything. Briere actually took a very good shot but Bishop covered so much room he barely had to move. Briere's shot would have beaten a lot of goalies.
I didn't have a problem with MT's choices.

I didn't like how they performed but that's not on MT. Next time around I'd switch it up. Markov, Subban, Galchenyuk.


Then again, I"m absolutely 100 percent behind anyone who rips him for pairing Bouillion with Murray... God wtf was he thinking on this?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:52 PM
  #241
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,829
vCash: 500
therrien is an ugly dog

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:53 PM
  #242
ValorJames
Registered User
 
ValorJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lima Peru
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Didn't see the game unfortunately. Nevertheless this carries back to last year when we had very few OT wins.

We're they reasonable penalties?
Yes...the one penalty Eller put his hand over the puck and the other is Markov shooting the puck over the glass....I Hate that penalty!!!

ValorJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:53 PM
  #243
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Remember when michel therrien said You need stallion in this league to win ..so this is the way we see pk and then you have the way michel therrien see him
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlackStallion.jpg‎ (127.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg‎ (10.7 KB, 3 views)

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:54 PM
  #244
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Murray really helped our PK and brings thoughness at the blueline.
Bouillon didn't help the PK or the PP....and he is -9 at 5 on 5.

The smart choices is to drop Bouillon when Emelin will be back.
Bouillon isn't helping anywhere right now.

In the 3rd, i think Therrien finally put the lines we need to see.

Briere did in 1 game at center, what DD was unable to do in 17 games..
He scored a goal....plus he got 2 shots. For me it's already a non-sense to get him out of center.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust/Parros

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Murray - Diaz

I think this kind of line-up can be very effective.
Thougher-bigger defense, 3 lines that can scores goals and take the heat off from each other...like last year.
You will be hard pressed to find people agreeing with you about Murray.

He was solid at the end of regulation, blocking a shot and then taking possession of the puck at the end and passing it to a teammate to get it out of the zone.

It was predictable that some people blamed him for the only goal by the Lightning even though he did his job in knocking Malone down only to have the puck end up hitting Malone's stick as he was falling.

He is doing his job well and is doing exactly what is asked of him. Block shots and clear the crease. I still dont understand the hate directed toward him.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:56 PM
  #245
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 27,093
vCash: 1093
I encourage anyone who thinks Bouillon should be playing in the NHL to go back and watch this game. He was just plain awful and 95% of scoring chances for Tampa he was on the ice.

Therrien needs to get a clue, this broken record thing is getting real old

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:56 PM
  #246
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
SHUT UP, TOM!!!
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 69,187
vCash: 114
Emelin and Murray in the lineup at the same time should happen for sure. Two guys doing what they do on separate pairings? Yes, please.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:57 PM
  #247
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK76 View Post
Bouillon and Bourque were awful tonight.

Thank god for Carey.
There are other names that you can add to your short list of two. Some names that might just get some people a little angry for mentioning them.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
  #248
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 27,093
vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
There are other names that you can add to your short list of two. Some names that might just get some people a little angry for mentioning them.
Even though they scored the goal, Briere and Pacioretty were non-existent tonight. Gorges and Diaz were bad again and the Plek line really didn't do much.

4th line, awful as usual. Really tonight was Carey Price and Markov, rest were either meh or bad.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
  #249
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 14,360
vCash: 500
dd benched again. we go in the shootout again. im starting to think it may be a message.... or something...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:01 PM
  #250
ekof232
Registered User
 
ekof232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 397
vCash: 1195
Let me begin by saying that while not overwhelmed with joy at our team's performance in the last few games I am generally content with the team's direction and progress as a whole. That said, there are 4 things I really don't like about our team in general since the beginning of the season which were exemplified quite well in tonight's game despite the point we got.

1- Our forwards are often positionned too high in our own zone (IE too close to the blueline) to be able to help our defensemen when they're being put under pressure down low. It means our forwards are often a step too late in trying to recover loose pucks along the boards and are not easy targets for a quick pass by defensemen to breakout of the zone (which makes our defensemen's job that much harder, making them hesitate with the puck a half-second more, leading to more turnovers).

2- We're often trying to be too ''cute'' in the offensive zone, taking too much time to fire shots and often making too many passes, which makes for quick breakouts by our opponents and more time spent in our own end defending and commiting horrible turnovers (I'm looking at you Bouillon).

3- As expected with a smaller team as a whole, we get outmuscled off the puck and during battles along the boards too easily . As a result we generally (except the kid line) have trouble putting consistent pressure on an opposing team's defense and cycling the puck thus lowering the amount of scoring chances we have in games. I get that our team's offensive strategy relies more heavily on speed and puck movement than anything else but I'm tired of seeing DD, Gionta, Brière, Diaz, sometimes Plekanec and more rarely Markov (Subban covers for him a lot in that regard) get outmuscled for the puck game after game.

4- We collapse a bit too much in our zone, giving away too much space to our opponents. That strategy allows us to block more shots and gives us a more air-tight defensive play in general but it means more weird bounces blowing past Price (like tonight) and allows our opponents to have more space to roam free in our zone. This further increases the time we spend in our zone, allowing for more shooting attempts by our opponents, and inversely reduces the time we spend cycling the puck or shooting at the opponent's netminder, meaning less offense.

The fourth point, I admit, is more tied to my point of view than the other three but I sincerely believe that it inhibits our team's ability to score goals and win games.

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.