HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 to Bishop's pads in OT.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:01 AM
MD thaivuN
Muy Dangerous

vCash: 470
Before the goal, I thought Briere was pretty bad. He was even more invisible than Desharnais. If he keeps playing the same way as he did, not sure if he has enough luck to score a lot of goals while being bad.

MD thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:02 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I encourage anyone who thinks Bouillon should be playing in the NHL to go back and watch this game. He was just plain awful and 95% of scoring chances for Tampa he was on the ice.

Therrien needs to get a clue, this broken record thing is getting real old
Subban was maxed out on ice time. Wear Markov out in November? Diaz is not the answer. You can only play Gorges so much as well.

Who do you put on the ice at D? We've tried Beaulieu and Tinordi and they are not quite ready.

Bouillon only had 16 minutes of ice time. Only one goal scored. We were outplayed for most of the other 44 minutes that Bouillon was on the bench.

What's your suggestion? Subban for 40 minutes?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Subban was maxed out on ice time. Wear Markov out in November? Diaz is not the answer. You can only play Gorges so much as well.

Who do you put on the ice at D? We've tried Beaulieu and Tinordi and they are not quite ready.

Bouillon only had 16 minutes of ice time. Only one goal scored. We were outplayed for most of the other 44 minutes that Bouillon was on the bench.

Good thing we don't have to worry about that with Emelin back on the weekend. However, if someone else comes out for Bouillon I will seriously snap.

ps. You can't possibly think Bouillon is a better option over Beaulieu or Tinordi? Bouillon is done, plain done. He needs to retire.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:08 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Good thing we don't have to worry about that with Emelin back on the weekend. However, if someone else comes out for Bouillon I will seriously snap.

ps. You can't possibly think Bouillon is a better option over Beaulieu or Tinordi? Bouillon is done, plain done. He needs to retire.
Dont snap. Its only a game.

Bouillon, right now, is better than Beaulieu and Tinordi. Tinordi has serious issues with puck handling when pressured on the boards. Beaulieu is not quite there either.

Next year. And I agree, I am ready for Emelin to come back. Murray and Bouillon can split time. And even Diaz can take a break on occasion.

Old
Flyinghab

MT can only work with what he has. I'm not saying he's innocent in all of this but MB needs to start thinking about making a move. We need a finisher so we have more than one line going. The EGG line is great, leave that line together. Its the other lines that are the problem.

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thegreatgasby*

this is how i feel about the way therrien use subban

i am so terrible with photoshop lolol

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:11 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghab View Post
MT can only work with what he has. I'm not saying he's innocent in all of this but MB needs to start thinking about making a move. We need a finisher so we have more than one line going. The EGG line is great, leave that line together. Its the other lines that are the problem.
No, MT can devise and implement a better system on offense and defense than what we are doing now.

On offense, we dump, we chase, we lose possession of the puck. There is very little puck support on offense. We have players positioned behind the net instead of in front of the goalie. We are not a puck possession team.

On defense, teams easily pass or skate through the neutral zone for an easy entry into our zone. Once in our zone, we do not attack the puck. Instead, we sag and play the lanes and allow Carey to become target practice.

Poor systems put in place this season by MT. Completely opposite of what we saw from the Habs last season. Not sure why he abandoned what was successful.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:13 AM
dukeofjive

We lost to a better team.

dukeofjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofjive View Post
We lost to a better team.
stamkos or not, they're first in the east with an excellent record so they must be doing something right

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivuN View Post
Before the goal, I thought Briere was pretty bad. He was even more invisible than Desharnais. If he keeps playing the same way as he did, not sure if he has enough luck to score a lot of goals while being bad.
He showed life in the 1st, he was horrible in the 2nd, a turnover machine unable to keep up with play. However he started off decent and well, as much as his goal was pretty lucky and more a product of Pacioretty's good play, he was willing to go to the net and that's what made it happened.

I'm obviously not a fan and I wasn't impressed today, but he got things done which is more than can be said about Desharnais, even when Desharnais was playing decently. He's not at all what our top 9 needs, but he has a long track record of taking advantage of openings given, even if many of them are the result of him being ignored for being a non-factor otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
stamkos or not, they're first in the east with an excellent record so they must be doing something right
Stamkos or not, they finally have decent goalies; a coach who, is at least a better motivator than Boucher was, Hedman playing some of the best hockey of his career, one of the best off season signings in Fippula, and St. Louis being St. Louis.

It's still pretty bad to get destroyed by a team missing their best player and one of their top 4 Ds, but they have been a great possession team this year for more than just Stamkos.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
The Therrien bashing is getting out of hand, and the sky falling when the Habs lose a shootout. Two shootout losses and you'd think it was ten. MT chose three players with noted quick releases..the team had the scouting report right to have good shooters...you think Therrien controls the players in shootouts from the bench with strings? The Habs have no shootout superstars... in fact they have no one of shootout repute at all...so how is it always the coach's fault who he chooses? I'm not a Therrien lover, but not everything is the coach's fault.

Players aren't usually instructed what to do before shootouts..they may be offered some advice, but they try to read the goalie....as most players will tell you..you don't think about it, you just rely on instinct. You may go in considering going 5-hole, but if it's not there, you try something else.

It's easy to bash Therrien's choices when they don't succeed. Give the opposing goalie some credit..he was extremely solid all night. I'm sure Gally would have liked to shoot but Bishop is huge and was not giving him anything. Briere actually took a very good shot but Bishop covered so much room he barely had to move. Briere's shot would have beaten a lot of goalies.
I don't think Therrien made the right choices for the shootout but I understand his picks. In any event, won't blame him for those choices.
But Therrien is still the same coach, he doesn't seem to have evolved much since his first time around.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:28 AM
HatTricK09

Price is NHL's star of the night
Galchenyuk was NHL's star of the night when we won against the Islanders

Just some small things to be happy about

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Yes, but Subban and Markov were just as bad at getting the puck out as every other DMan.

Its Therrien's new system or lack of a system.......not the players. It appears that Therrien has told the D to get the puck out as quickly as they can. Which leads to blind passes to the other team.
Last year they were getting the puck quickly not by throwing it all over, the moment they had the puck, they were themselves picking it up and carrying in out of the zone.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Price is NHL's star of the night
Galchenyuk was NHL's star of the night when we won against the Islanders

Just some small things to be happy about
Thanks

Price single handedly made this game worth watching lol

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:43 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
huh... he probably made more decent plays in his first shift tonight than DD so far this season...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:43 AM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Thanks for the pretty consistent report. Who was our best player(s) up front?
Plekanec was flying tonight and our pk was very good. The EGG line was solid, had a good amount of chances. The goalies were just very good on both sides.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh... he probably made more decent plays in his first shift tonight than DD so far this season...
Agreed, he played reasonably well. Definitely an upgrade on DD.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 12:52 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Agreed, he played reasonably well. Definitely an upgrade on DD.
not that it was much of a challenge but HE WAS better than DD that's for sure.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Et le But

Fun nerd number of the night:

Habs Corsi with Subban: +13
Habs Corsi without Subban: -28

Basically, Subban (and to a lesser extent Markov) were the offense today.

The centers were actually decent but couldn't sustain anything, but the only winger to really show life outside the EGG line was...Gionta, and the bottom 4 on the blueline was putrid. The 4th line was still not at all good, even without Parros making it terribad.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:39 AM
SB164

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Bouillon was also on the ice during TB's disallowed goal.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:12 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
This team doesn't deserve Price.
Some of you people go too far. Jeez.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hmm, Briere hasn't had a good start to the season but he's been better than DD. His goal was a result of him going to the net, something Desharnais has not done.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Flyinghab

Getting Emelin back will be great but the one guy we really miss is Prust. We are a different team without him. DD can stay in the press box, I can live with that situation. Patches deserves a night with him though. He is a shell of his former self.

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Saintpatrick

I know i ask this after every loss but how many losses before MT get's fired? I think he's even worse than Martin. The whole coaching staff minus the goalie coach should get the boot. JJ Daigneault in particular.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Fred Murtz

Daniel Briere tip in goal 1-1

Full OT

Full Shootout

No Goal in 2nd, Incidental contact.

Last edited by Fred Murtz: 11-13-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote