HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our Blue Line: Let's have a debate!

Old
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

vCash: 500
^ Thanks, I looked but I only saw TOI but I think that was that site's own metric. Corsi would make sense.

I'm still cautiously optimistic on Bellemore myself. As I said, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall and have a serious flaw in his game found. He was once criticized as not being mobile, but he's had some decent wheels the last few games, jumping into rushes. He's big, he hits, he seems pretty durable and willing to mix it up if necessary. He's everything they'd hoped Mike Komisarek would be. But why was he a 6th round pick, and why did it take until he was 25 to break into the NHL? Lack of chances, or his play-style being so bland and defensive in Charlotte that he was overlooked?

I do think this team needs another Pitkanen all-around type, but those are not easy to come by. If they do, I think it makes Harrison expendable, not Bellemore.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:51 AM
geehaad

I think if one is waiting for Bellemore to make mistakes that show he's been ill-slotted in a top-4 role, they're forgetting about the absolute certainty that Gleason would have already given us those mistakes by the handful. Neither may be good enough for the top-4 in Utopia, but this is far from a Utopia.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:12 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Not just top 4,but NHL in general. I don't know if he was even get top pairing minutes in Charlotte prior to his promotion. Remember, he wasn't their first choice.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
geehaad

Personally, I have no problem in simply evaluating his NHL ice time and leaving it at that.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:33 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Don't misunderstand... I think he's played very well in his 20 NHL games. But they've only been 20 games. I'm hoping it'll last, but I remain skeptical.

Old
11-14-2013, 10:39 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
I'm still cautiously optimistic on Bellemore myself. As I said, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall and have a serious flaw in his game found.
The fact that he handles the puck like a live grenade? That's a pretty serious flaw for a guy who skates 20 minutes a night against decent competition.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
The fact that he handles the puck like a live grenade? That's a pretty serious flaw for a guy who skates 20 minutes a night against decent competition.
How's that any different than Gleason? I've actually seen a few very smart subtle passes in his own end from Bellemore that took me by surprise. I've also seen some of the truly terrible plays with the puck.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:04 AM
geehaad

I believe Bellemore is, at worst, equal at handling the puck in his own end as Gleason.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I do feel like lately he's improved in that regard as well. Maybe it's just a matter of getting comfortable in the NHL and with Hainsey.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
How's that any different than Gleason?
Gleason also has a serious flaw in that respect. That's one of the major reasons he gets bagged on by frustrated fans.

Old
11-14-2013, 11:50 AM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

While he's not atractive target, what you guys think about Sbisa from Anaheim? He's pretty much buy low candidate that's pretty expierenced for young guy. Good defensive D, could hit pretty hard but most important he' cheap. Something around Ruutu and good prospect piece like Karlsson?

OrioleWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:04 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
While he's not atractive target, what you guys think about Sbisa from Anaheim? He's pretty much buy low candidate that's pretty expierenced for young guy. Good defensive D, could hit pretty hard but most important he' cheap. Something around Ruutu and good prospect piece like Karlsson?
Clearing Ruutu's contract alone would make that a win for us.

Old
11-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
aho

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
Done and done. Sbisa's a beast with room to grow. Certainly a buy-low candidate, as you said.

Anton Dubinchuk is online now   Reply With Quote