HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2013, 01:17 AM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Diaz + Forward for better Forward please. sniper or quality grinder if possible.
Bourque + Diaz for Hemsky + Belov ???

Old
11-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I really liked Backlund when the Flames drafted him. Even watching him, I thought he had a lot of skill. I don't think he was developed well here in Calgary. That team has never had good scoring depth and he never had a good period of time to develop NHL scoring with skilled wingers. But with our depth I don't think he'd be a good target right now.
We can always move some depth for him. Bourque + Desharnais with salary retained might be the starting of a deal considering CGY has no skater depth anywhere in their organization and seems to struggle when signing or retaining players. They should be rebuilding but they've got nothing to rebuild with, might as well acquire assets.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Tomas Plek...just kidding.

A signed Diaz for David Perron. Oilers needs Ds and Diaz is a solid puck moving D. He just shouldn't be used against the best players.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Where does Perron fit in our lineup? We don't need any more soft players.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
You cannot ever have too much talented forwards. Imagine him instead of Prust on the Chuchy line.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:58 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
we have two top 6 forwards, Gallagher and Patches... a third one wouldnt be a luxury...

Old
11-24-2013, 05:36 AM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You cannot ever have too much talented forwards. Imagine him instead of Prust on the Chuchy line.
Why? Bourni would be a lot better than him on that line, and he's not soft.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:05 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Prust hasn't looked good on that line lately but Perron? I would rather give Bournival a shot first.

Old
11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Edmonton wouldn't want Diaz and Montreal needs players with lesser skill than Perron, but size and physicality.

Old
11-24-2013, 09:59 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
We can always move some depth for him. Bourque + Desharnais with salary retained might be the starting of a deal considering CGY has no skater depth anywhere in their organization and seems to struggle when signing or retaining players. They should be rebuilding but they've got nothing to rebuild with, might as well acquire assets.
He would fit as a 3rd line C if Desharnais was going the other way. I doubt the Flames look for him in return, and I question the organizations desire to get rid of him like the fans. Personally, I would rather someone more established in that role though.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:03 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Prust hasn't looked good on that line lately but Perron? I would rather give Bournival a shot first.
Perron would not be a bad acquisition, the guy has a lot of skill. But I would like to see Bournival get an extended look in that role before we move assets. I think he looks to be ready; been a real surprise this season. And if he is, we can move assets to improve our D instead. No more depth D, we need a top 3 guy.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:04 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
It's not private information. Things have leaked out numerous times that the Jets brass was not happy with Kane. They have put out the word on a few occasions that he was available, teams don't usually do that with core players. Habs have never done that with Price Plekanec Subban Markov Pacioretty etc
I guess during Gainey's tenure as GM here you were on Mars exploring those dried-up canals.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I guess during Gainey's tenure as GM here you were on Mars exploring those dried-up canals.
Didn't Gainey go out of his way to say the rumours involving those players were not public matter and should have never been leaked by Captain Exaggeration himself, Lawson?

Old
11-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I think it was just Plekanec offered in that deal along with Higgins and some other crap.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:17 AM
sampollock

now that habs are winning again MB won't look or do anything

he likes the small forwards, why who knows.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:24 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Didn't Gainey go out of his way to say the rumours involving those players were not public matter and should have never been leaked by Captain Exaggeration himself, Lawson?
He said the Habs have never put out the word that core players were available. Whether it was never intended to go public is not the point. I'm sure the Jets are not declaring to the public that Kane is available.

Also, you're thinking of only the Tampa Bay trade. How about the choice Gainey gave Sather for Kovalev. Balej or Plekanec.

Last edited by onice: 11-24-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old
11-24-2013, 10:27 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
now that habs are winning again MB won't look or do anything

he likes the small forwards, why who knows.
This is the time he should be looking. Our team doesn't come off as desperate and our players look more attractive. This team is solid when healthy, but there are still areas that need to be addressed.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
He said the Habs have never put out the word that core players were available. Whether it was never intended to go public is not the point.
It was already public at that point, so Gainey was just scolding Lawson. Tough to make it public when it's already been announced. Besides, Gainey said himself it wasn't fair those guys were being mentioned. Basically he went out of his way to say that type of stuff shouldn't happen.

I took it as if he said the team never announced publicly that some players are available. Not with other GMs. If you don't tell other GMs which players are available it's kind of tough to make a trade.

Quote:
Also, you're thinking of only the Tampa Bay trade. How about the choice Gainey gave Sather for Kovalev. Balej or Plekanec.
After the fact, no?

We did not have that knowledge at the time of the trade, only afterwards if I recall correctly.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:47 AM
firewagon77*

Montreal needs to trade that pilon Raphael Diaz and call up Tinordi to add some size and,and Thierren stop playing Bouillion on the powerplay just play Subban the full 2 minutes,great coaches like Bowman,Arbour,and Keenan play their best players.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:54 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead212 View Post
Montreal needs to trade that pilon Raphael Diaz and call up Tinordi to add some size and,and Thierren stop playing Bouillion on the powerplay just play Subban the full 2 minutes,great coaches like Bowman,Arbour,and Keenan play their best players.
I think we need a better compliment for Diaz than Bouillon and Murray. Even Gorges is not a great partner for him. It would be nice if Tinordi was ready to be the strong defensive pillar to play with him, but he's not there yet.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Nedved

wow. lots of diaz hate in here. the guy is a #5, and 2pp wave guy. He can move the puck from his backend and has a good first pass. yes, he can be soft, but his strengths outweigh his weakness at the #5 position, and if he gets streaky hot (like last year) than he is even putting up points to boot. not a bad # 5 guy.

the big issue, is therrien is hell bent on bouillon playing. I would love to see tinordi slot in there, because he has the potential to be very good and learn on the game at the nhl as a positional dman, a long side diaz who can move the puck.

it's not his fault he was used as a number 4 when emelin was out...

Old
11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
LePoche69

At the deadline, I would be ok trading Gionta + our first round draft pick (big crapshoot this year) to Pittsburgh for Simon Després. Pittsburgh has other good young d-men, and Després addition will garantee that Habs don't have to sign aging useless d-men next year. Plus he's young and would fit in well with Habs' young core, and it will allowed Habs to promote only one d-man from Hamilton Next year, the more ready one.

And that would allowed Habs to trade one of Gorges or Diaz to make room for Hamilton's best d-man. I could imagine a d-group like:

Markov-Subban
Després - Emelin
Diaz/Gorges - Tinordi/Bealieu/Pateryn/Nygren
(depending on who's traded and who's ready)

I'm not sure Gionta+1st pick is enough, tho, as Pittsburgh seem to like Després. But it shouldn't take a lot more. And Gionta would give them a dept they would need come playoffs time. And Moreover, adding Desprès and substracting one of Diaz/Gorges would be nice cap wise.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:22 AM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
At the deadline, I would be ok trading Gionta + our first round draft pick (big crapshoot this year) to Pittsburgh for Simon Després. Pittsburgh has other good young d-men, and Després addition will garantee that Habs don't have to sign aging useless d-men next year. Plus he's young and would fit in well with Habs' young core, and it will allowed Habs to promote only one d-man from Hamilton Next year, the more ready one.

And that would allowed Habs to trade one of Gorges or Diaz to make room for Hamilton's best d-man. I could imagine a d-group like:

Markov-Subban
Després - Emelin

I'm not sure Gionta+1st pick is enough, tho, as Pittsburgh seem to like Després. But it shouldn't take a lot more. And Gionta would give them a dept they would need come playoffs time. And Moreover, adding Desprès and substracting one of Diaz/Gorges would be nice cap wise.
How does the Pittsburgh board feel about this? Try posting the proposal there to see if it garners any reaction.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post

Markov-Subban
Després - Emelin

after watching what gionta did the last two nights, in his own end, I don't want to trade him if he can shutdown top lines.

everyone was riding pleks dick last night, but gionta broke-up a ton of plays and really got under the pens skin.

that said, gionta isn't worth 5 mill, but i would re-sign him to a 2-year deal...if the money was right. he still can help the team win, and him pleks and briere are all on the same page.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:36 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
after watching what gionta did the last two nights, in his own end, I don't want to trade him if he can shutdown top lines.

everyone was riding pleks dick last night, but gionta broke-up a ton of plays and really got under the pens skin.

that said, gionta isn't worth 5 mill, but i would re-sign him to a 2-year deal...if the money was right. he still can help the team win, and him pleks and briere are all on the same page.
Gionta will become UFA, and I'm pretty sure he's not part of the core the team wants going further toward becoming a perenial cup contender. So better trade him now. I agree he plays well right now, so it may be the last chance Habs have of trading him.

You can't trade players who play bad. You have to give something valuable to the other team.

Closed Thread