HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2013, 10:48 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Gionta will become UFA, and I'm pretty sure he's not part of the core the team wants going further toward becoming a perenial cup contender. So better trade him now. I agree he plays well right now, so it may be the last chance Habs have of trading him.

You can't trade players who play bad. You have to give something valuable to the other team.
Are we tanking?

Old
11-24-2013, 10:50 AM
SpreeEndaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
Are we tanking?
Encore for Connor?

EDIT: Dammit, it's not even this year that he's elligible.

Old
11-24-2013, 10:58 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
At the deadline, I would be ok trading Gionta + our first round draft pick (big crapshoot this year) to Pittsburgh for Simon Després. Pittsburgh has other good young d-men, and Després addition will garantee that Habs don't have to sign aging useless d-men next year. Plus he's young and would fit in well with Habs' young core, and it will allowed Habs to promote only one d-man from Hamilton Next year, the more ready one.

And that would allowed Habs to trade one of Gorges or Diaz to make room for Hamilton's best d-man. I could imagine a d-group like:

Markov-Subban
Després - Emelin
Diaz/Gorges - Tinordi/Bealieu/Pateryn/Nygren
(depending on who's traded and who's ready)

I'm not sure Gionta+1st pick is enough, tho, as Pittsburgh seem to like Després. But it shouldn't take a lot more. And Gionta would give them a dept they would need come playoffs time. And Moreover, adding Desprès and substracting one of Diaz/Gorges would be nice cap wise.
We already have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Nygren as near NHL ready prospect as you've pointed out. It's make or break for them in the next few years. Having Despres will only add to the clutter of defensive prospect that need a chance to prove they can stick in the NHL. That 1st round pick that you're giving up may be a defensive prospect that will develop to be of the same caliber as these guys, but he'll get there later and will give us depth in 3-5 years, not now. Unless, you think Despres is a clear step above our prospect in the farm and is ready for NHL action now with almost no learning curve needed, he's basically redundant. You may like the idea of his size and mobility, but he's not better than Gorges or Diaz right now and is not worth a 1st round pick to us because of our prospect pool. The logic behind your proposal is all wrong imo.

Last edited by JAVO16: 11-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old
11-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Edmonton wouldn't want Diaz and Montreal needs players with lesser skill than Perron, but size and physicality.
Yes Edmonton would need Diaz, he would be their Top D. Long-term, Perron would be good for us, he's younger, bigger than Briere who's at the end of his career and Bourque has no physicality so it doesn't matter. Plus there's Gio on the right who is not getting any younger. I don't see any negatives of getting Perron.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:51 AM
TT1

lol perron has been edmontons best forward and they just got him, why would they trade him?

Old
11-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
wow. lots of diaz hate in here. the guy is a #5, and 2pp wave guy. He can move the puck from his backend and has a good first pass. yes, he can be soft, but his strengths outweigh his weakness at the #5 position, and if he gets streaky hot (like last year) than he is even putting up points to boot. not a bad # 5 guy.

the big issue, is therrien is hell bent on bouillon playing. I would love to see tinordi slot in there, because he has the potential to be very good and learn on the game at the nhl as a positional dman, a long side diaz who can move the puck.

it's not his fault he was used as a number 4 when emelin was out...
Why is it everytime someone propose a guy in a trade, there's always someone coming in saying "wow there's a lot of hate for so so player"?. These are just fantasy trades and Diaz while I don't dislike him is expendable. For this year, after a trade, I would use either Pateryn or Beaulieu at his place or do a trade for futur considerations for a average D playing on the right for the rest of the season.

Old
11-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
lol perron has been edmontons best forward and they just got him, why would they trade him?
Cause all they have are freakin forwards!

Old
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Cause all they have are freakin forwards!
that still doesnt answer my question tho.. if edmonton were to trade a forward they would trade yakupov, he has more value

Old
11-24-2013, 12:00 PM
thom

There is Burrows from Vancouver Canucks who still has 3 0r 4 good yrs left.Vancouver is struugling to score goals and Burrows is from Quebec.Maybe there is something you can do with Vancouver

Old
11-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
that still doesnt answer my question tho.. if edmonton were to trade a forward they would trade yakupov, he has more value
They can trade anybody. And I doubt Perron will be with them long-term.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Why is it everytime someone propose a guy in a trade, there's always someone coming in saying "wow there's a lot of hate for so so player"?. These are just fantasy trades and Diaz while I don't dislike him is expendable. For this year, after a trade, I would use either Pateryn or Beaulieu at his place or do a trade for futur considerations for a average D playing on the right for the rest of the season.
because you're not going to find a better # 5. if his contract ends up being 2.5 million or less, it's a good price.

he's not expendable, not for what the return would be, and that's why I find it egregious that people would want to move him.

seems like every page is guys wanting to move diaz, and every gdt blaming him for his play, when he hasn't been terrible at all, and has been good as a number 5.

this team has potential and moving diaz will not make them a better team..guys like bourque, briere, pateryn, beaulieu would make more sense. the habs have a core, and need role players, and diaz is fantastic in the number 5 role.

it reminds me of hamrlik having to be our #1, struggling, and people blaming him when he did an admirable job.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:08 PM
TT1

montreal needs a player like gryba as their #5, not raphael mother****in diaz

Old
11-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone else noticing that capgeek seems to be off ?

They have Holland at 640k, when I thought he was signed at 900k. Didn't we have players over 1 mill ? Either Beau, or Tinordi ?

Old
11-24-2013, 12:29 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Encore for Connor?

EDIT: Dammit, it's not even this year that he's elligible.
No honour for Connor. But no, that's next year.

Ermm... suck bad for Ekblad?

Old
11-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
montreal needs a player like gryba as their #5, not raphael mother****in diaz
Gryba is more like a #7 than a #5. If he is your #5 you are not a contender.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:32 PM
durojean

I'd just like to know what's Heatley's contract and how many years left

Old
11-24-2013, 12:40 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Gryba is more like a #7 than a #5. If he is your #5 you are not a contender.
perhaps in your world, gryba was playing on ottawa's first pair last year and was holding his own. obviously hes not a 1st pair d-man but saying hes a #7 is ridiculous

Old
11-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Basicly is contract is exactly the gomez one. 7million per year

Old
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=danny+heatley+contract

Old
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
7.5MILL/ UFA at seasons end.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
perhaps in your world, gryba was playing on ottawa's first pair last year and was holding his own. obviously hes not a 1st pair d-man but saying hes a #7 is ridiculous
Gryba played on the first pairing? Since when? Maybe for a game or two but he NEVER was on the first pairing night in and night out.

Last season: 6th in TOI for d-men (5th if you don't count Cowen who played only 7 games).

This season: 6th in TOI for d-men, scratched multiple times, etc etc

Old
11-24-2013, 12:56 PM
TT1

Quote:
Gryba played on the first pairing? Since when? Maybe for a game or two but he NEVER was on the first pairing night in and night out.

Last season: 6th in TOI for d-men (5th if you don't count Cowen who played only 7 games).

This season: 6th in TOI for d-men, scratched multiple times, etc etc
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

17.26 TOI... he was playing on their 1st pair when they had injuries. thats low end 1st pair minutes, high-end top 4 minutes. compare that to how much pk/markov played last year and this year

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

thats a pretty high end #7 dude

Old
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

17.26 TOI... he was playing on their 1st pair when they had injuries. thats low end 1st pair minutes, high-end top 4 minutes. compare that to how much pk/markov played last year and this year

thats a pretty high end #7 dude
You're right. My mistake. He did play big minutes but that was because Karlsson and Cowen were both out for long periods of time. Any team that loses 2 of its top 4 d-men will have bottom pairing defensemen playing big minutes.

Like I said before, I don't think Gryba would be playing regularly if he was on a contender team. He doesn't move the puck well enough. (And that is why I wouldn't trade Diaz for Gryba).

Old
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
TT1

Quote:
You're right. My mistake. He did play big minutes but that was because Karlsson and Cowen were both out for long periods of time. Any team that loses 2 of its top 4 d-men will have bottom pairing defensemen playing big minutes.

Like I said before, I don't think Gryba would be playing regularly if he was on a contender team. He doesn't move the puck well enough. (And that is why I wouldn't trade Diaz for Gryba).
hes a strong hitter, knows how to fight(albeit hes no probert or anything) and has experience playing vs tough competition and holding his own (notice his corsi). thats all i need from a 3rd pairing dman, i dont want to have 5 4M+ dman on the team.. especially extremely soft ones

also hes still only 25, he probably hasnt even reached his potential yet

Last edited by TT1: 11-24-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old
11-24-2013, 04:05 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
hes a strong hitter, knows how to fight(albeit hes no probert or anything) and has experience playing vs tough competition and holding his own (notice his corsi). thats all i need from a 3rd pairing dman, i dont want to have 5 4M+ dman on the team.. especially extremely soft ones

also hes still only 25, he probably hasnt even reached his potential yet
That's a fair argument, but his relative corsi also shows that he was probably overmatched by the competition. Although, being used a 1st pairing defenseman, it's understandable. I like the idea of adding Gryba, but I'm not sure how he fits in the lineup without Diaz. Loosing Diaz basically brings us down to 2 puck moving defenseman, Markov and Subban, which are playing on the same pairing. Our 2nd pp unit also loses it's only credible point man. These would be the lines, I would go with if we did this trade:

Gorges/Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gryba
Bouillon/Murray-Gorges/Emelin

Gryba would probably form a good pairing with Markov ala Markov-Komisarek of old. But like I said, our second pp wave becomes even more impotent with this trade.

Personally, I would try to trade Gorges. The guys might hold decent value across the league as a shutdown defenseman with character and experience. But more realistically, I'd simply stand pat and wait for one of our prospects in hamilton to force his way on the squad.

Closed Thread