HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Slashers98

vCash: 500
Dmitry Kulikov is a liability defensively. Diaz is a much more complete defenseman, even if some of you don't like him.

Habstounding

Old
12-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Pittsburgh wants to win now, having a guy like Gallagher in the top 6 for under 1 mil this year and next would be huge for them.

Plus they have other young d-men so it's not like they can't replace Despres.
I got locked from a thread saying the exact same thing because I upset some very over-the-top-ultra-sensitive pens homer.

Gallagher is younger, and more effective. And as you mentioned, they trade from a position of strength (lots of defensive prospects) to fill a weakness (top 6 wingers)

so, careful, they get sen see teev over that one

Old
12-04-2013, 10:31 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
That's a big "If". That's IF all three devellop to be top 4 NHL dmen in 2-3 years, and IF Letang doesn't regress due to injuries and IF...IF....IF....

Win now, means just that, now. So the scenario you mention is not now, but building to the future.
No, it's managing assets, like the Blackhawks do.

And about the "if's", I would say that the 3 Pens D-prospects are way less "If's" than Tinordi and Beaulieu. Matta is already in the NHL at 19, and Després has allready played better in the NHL than the 2 habs prospects. One is ready right now, and the other is waiting for an opening while dominating in the AHL. They could be ready to trade Letang as soon as next year. That isn't such big If's. And for Letang, they would receive more than Gallagher.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not pretending they wouldn't do it. All I'm saying is that there would be wiser moves.

Old
12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post

And about the "if's", I would say that the 3 Pens D-prospects are way less "If's" than Tinordi and Beaulieu. Matta is already in the NHL at 19, and Després has allready played better in the NHL than the 2 habs prospects. One is ready right now, and the other is waiting for an opening while dominating in the AHL. They could be ready to trade Letang as soon as next year. That isn't such big If's. And for Letang, they would receive more than Gallagher.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not pretending they wouldn't do it. All I'm saying is that there would be wiser moves.
Agreed, they have a sick defensive core in the long term with Maatta, Despres, Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot. They definitely can trade Letang and get that forward they want/need while using him as the main piece in the trade

Old
12-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post

Well, managing assets for the future. But if you make a deal to win now, you give up future pieces.

Agreed that the if's MAY be less for PIT, but in 2-4 years like you mentioned? it's all guesses at this point by us all.

And their big need is wing. same as ours. So yes, there are wiser moves, and more likely ones as well.

Old
12-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Well, managing assets for the future. But if you make a deal to win now, you give up future pieces.

Agreed that the if's MAY be less for PIT, but in 2-4 years like you mentioned? it's all guesses at this point by us all.

And their big need is wing. same as ours. So yes, there are wiser moves, and more likely ones as well.
You need to take that chance eventually and can't always be conservative. They had depth with Letang coming and they used Goligoski and Whitney as trades for great returns in James Neal and Chris Kunitz.

Old
12-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You need to take that chance eventually and can't always be conservative. They had depth with Letang coming and they used Goligoski and Whitney as trades for great returns in James Neal and Chris Kunitz.
bingo. exactly my point. they have depth and could deal now. But if they feel their window is 2 years away (can't imagine why it isn't now as well) then they wait and trade Letang and use the depth to backfill that role. either way, they have the assets to fill their needs now OR in the future

Old
12-04-2013, 11:03 AM
SpreeEndaz

Hopefully the next proposal thread will be the Big Splash Edition!

Old
12-04-2013, 11:31 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
If Florida trades Kulikov it won't be for a guy that's a UFA at year end. They'll want top young assets that will help them in 2-3-4 years...Gallagher,1st rounders, Tinordi, Beaulieu De La Rose etc

Not a smart move for the Habs, current defense is good plus they have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and co in the pipeline.
I totally agree with you. That was the point I was trying to make in my post. I'd do it for a Diaz knowing the younger players could fill that space next year if Kulikov did bolt for the K.

No way would I trade any of the core youngsters for Kulikov, who's been benched by the Panthers.

Their unrealstic asking price is probably why he hasn't been traded. If they're really aggressive in trying to trade him, they'll likely be willing to take less than they normally would otherwise. That's why I think that Kuli could be had for less than market.

Old
12-04-2013, 11:36 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Some Habs - Avalanche rumblings on Twitter for what it's worth...

Old
12-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Some Habs - Avalanche rumblings on Twitter for what it's worth...
Is it just somebody quoting Eklund?

I doubt it's anything big...Landeskog O'reilly(can't be traded for 3 months) and Duchene are not available.

I don't see the Habs in on McGinn unless Bourque or Briere are traded.

Diaz would help Colorado but I don't see a fit coming back.

Old
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

I doubt it's anything big...Landeskog O'reilly(can't be traded for 3 months) and Duchene are not available.

Maybe Eklund started it. Buzz is a multi-player deal.

"...talking to sources all day I am hearing more and more that the Avalanche and the Canadiens are discussing what one source called, "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade" and another said would be considered "The trade to really kick off what will be the craziest of trade seasons."

The deal would send two players to Montreal and as many as four to Colorado, and could occur as early as mid-December or as late as mid-January, but would not be a deal that would wait for the deadline. In fact, the deal would set up another trade for each team."

Old
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Looking at the deals Roy has made since going to Colorado.. clearly they are interested in Leblanc, Beaulieu(French name), Desharnais and Bourque(French enough). They'll send us McGinn and Stastny and then they'll flip Bourque and Beaulieu for actual Quebecois. Then they'll announce they're selling TVA sports French broadcast rights to Avalanche games increase their revenue.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:02 PM
All Me

Quote:

"...talking to sources all day I am hearing more and more that the Avalanche and the Canadiens are discussing what one source called, "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade" and another said would be considered "The trade to really kick off what will be the craziest of trade seasons."

The deal would send two players to Montreal and as many as four to Colorado, and could occur as early as mid-December or as late as mid-January, but would not be a deal that would wait for the deadline. In fact, the deal would set up another trade for each team."
well that would be pretty cool?

Old
12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
sheed36

There's now a thread on the main trade rumor board here about that Habs/Avs Eklund rumor.. That should make for some interesting reading as it progresses. You know it'll come down to how the Habs players are crap and not worth so and so on the Avs..

The mainboards on HF never disappoints when something concerning the Has gets posted there.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:

Last part is interesting because this could mean that Gorges is available and that we could be searching for another d-man. Trade Gorges to Colorado then target Klein from Nashville.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Last part is interesting because this could mean that Gorges is available and that we could be searching for another d-man. Trade Gorges to Colorado then target Klein from Nashville.
Except Gorges > Kevin Klein.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:36 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

Seems Adrian Dater is in on this as well. Not sure if he's the original source, read the Ek comments or if it's from another source but there seems to be something to it as Montreal has been scouting the Avs and other teams pretty vigorously lately.

This is where our front office needs to do their job and realise the supposed improvements we've made to our pro scouting team.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:40 PM
PricePkPatch

After realizing our advantageous cap situation, I am starting to sour at the idea of a "big trade" that would disrupt this equilibrium.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:

I'm done with this team if they trade Subban.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Subban for McKinnon+?

Old
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Avs fans think McGinn by himself is worth Gorges or Markov.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:52 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
puts your pants back on

Old
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
puts your pants back on
....what?

Old
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:

Is Tyson Barrie Colorado's Diaz? He was expected to play more of a role but was sent down for awhile as Roy opted for Andre Benoit.

Anyway we'll see.

Closed Thread