HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hexy- no push to sign B Schenn

Old
07-31-2015, 12:44 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Hexy- no push to sign B Schenn

From today's DN, Hexy not planning on signing B Schenn

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...320225021.html

Quote:
“I’m not sure there’ll be a push,” Hextall said Thursday. “I’ve spoke with Brayden’s agents a number of times over the summer about different things and the subject has never come up. It’s not something we’re in a hurry to do and I’m assuming they feel the same way.”
Schenn might not be in Flyers long term plans.
"I don’t anticipate signing Brayden, which never means that you’re not going to. But it’s not something that we’ll actively pursue. .”

Last edited by deeshamrock: 07-31-2015 at 12:52 PM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 01:01 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Wow. Is this taken out of context?

07-31-2015, 01:30 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
I'm pretty sure the context is that he doesn't plan on signing him this summer.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 01:32 PM
Cyborg LeClair
Thank You Mr. Snider

vCash: 400
Schenn is still signed for this season, Hextall wants Brayden to show him something worth signing. Obviously he has put up top 6 points and has had some good streaks, but he still needs to put things together so to speak. Has the tools, now he needs to become the player he was drafted to be.

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 02:33 PM
RebelBully

Yeah that's this summer he is referring to. Obviously he doesnt mean ever. The guy is an RFA next summer for christ sakes.

RebelBully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 03:22 PM
CodyTheHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
Slightly. It's in reference to this summer.

CodyTheHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

He was obviously just talking about this summer. He's saying that there's no rush to sign him and that both Hextall and Schenns agents are happy to wait until either partway through or after the season.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2015, 05:14 PM
MillerTime2181

Reading into it a bit it's evident both sides feel its a make or break year for him. His agents are okay with holding off because they know if he takes another step he'll get paid handsomely, while for the Flyers, if its just more of the same up and down from Schenn this year they can turn around and deal him at deadline or immediate offseason while he still has value. I do think the Flyers like him though and want to see him succeed. I also think if he does become more consistent ect. then the Flyers will sign him but I dont think it'll be 6,7,8 years-more like 3-4 (imo).

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
yup. Hextall sees the same thing many of us do. he is a talented kid but he has to be more consistent on both sides of the puck. If he has a good season he will be rewarded.
I don't know if he is here for 16/17 if he doesn't show improvement in his game. IMO. No, that's not what I get out of what Hextall is saying. That is just my opinion.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Adam Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Reading into it a bit it's evident both sides feel its a make or break year for him. His agents are okay with holding off because they know if he takes another step he'll get paid handsomely, while for the Flyers, if its just more of the same up and down from Schenn this year they can turn around and deal him at deadline or immediate offseason while he still has value. I do think the Flyers like him though and want to see him succeed. I also think if he does become more consistent ect. then the Flyers will sign him but I dont think it'll be 6,7,8 years-more like 3-4 (imo).
I wonder what would happen if he really breaks out this year...like 30g, 65 points or something. Would you commit to him long term on a big deal or would you look to move him while his value is sky high?

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Schenn is still signed for this season, Hextall wants Brayden to show him something worth signing. Obviously he has put up top 6 points and has had some good streaks, but he still needs to put things together so to speak. Has the tools, now he needs to become the player he was drafted to be.
I agree. I still feel he will be here long term but there are some young guys moving up the pipeline who will need a spot on the big club soon. Dam this is nice to have this talent coming.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2015, 10:30 AM
RebelBully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Warlock View Post
I wonder what would happen if he really breaks out this year...like 30g, 65 points or something. Would you commit to him long term on a big deal or would you look to move him while his value is sky high?
Depends on what's out there for him, but we've waited a long time for him to break out and it would be a shame to move him as soon as he does. If he can get a return like Saad got though, I.E. top 6 forward and prospect with top 6 potential, then you might have to.

RebelBully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 08:14 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I'm pretty sure the context is that he doesn't plan on signing him this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyTheHuman View Post
Slightly. It's in reference to this summer.
I figured. I couldn't open the article at work so all I had to go off of was the quote.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:07 AM
SchennSational1022*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Exactly, he's not just going to not sign him. Schenn still has potential to be a much better player and Hexy is banking on him proving himself this year, people are looking way too much into this.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:29 AM
renberg

I'd rather see him moved now in a deal for a LW if possible. My concern is that he comes to camp and his weaknesses are exposed in Hakstol's offensive system where speed is critical.

renberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:35 AM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Warlock View Post
If Brayden schenn hits 65 points as a center he is not only going to be worth quite a bit, but the flyers might be cup contenders this season too lol....The flyers would be so stacked down the middle. Laughton would be moved in a second.

65 points is a mid tier first line center. Hextall would be dancing the streets

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:45 AM
SchennSational1022*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
If Brayden schenn hits 65 points as a center he is not only going to be worth quite a bit, but the flyers might be cup contenders this season too lol....The flyers would be so stacked down the middle. Laughton would be moved in a second.

65 points is a mid tier first line center. Hextall would be dancing the streets
60 points is very realistic for Schenn, he already had ~50 this year and hasn't quite hit his groove yet in the NHL or been played at a single position consistently. With an improved Flyers team this year I'll actually be disappointed if he doesn't score 60 this year.

Old
08-03-2015, 09:52 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by renberg View Post
I'd rather see him moved now in a deal for a LW if possible. My concern is that he comes to camp and his weaknesses are exposed in Hakstol's offensive system where speed is critical.
If we're going by this fallacy than practically the whole team isn't going to cut it as it's not an overly fast team with Schenn being far from the slowest. A good coach who's worth his salt adjusts to his personnel.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:58 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartans2810 View Post
60 points is very realistic for Schenn, he already had ~50 this year and hasn't quite hit his groove yet in the NHL or been played at a single position consistently. With an improved Flyers team this year I'll actually be disappointed if he doesn't score 60 this year.
I don't see Schenn as a first liner at this point in his career, 60pts comfortable puts him in the top 30 of his position in scoring.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
SchennSational1022*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I don't see Schenn as a first liner at this point in his career, 60pts comfortable puts him in the top 30 of his position in scoring.
Sure, but do you really think 13 more points than what he scored this year is unrealistic? It's really not that crazy at all.

BTW he was 31st in LW scoring this year, so by your standard he's already scoring like a first line LW so.....

Old
08-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I think Schenn's development this year will be key for this team's future. If he's unable to be a consistent secondary scoring option Hextall's job will be made more difficult, and the team's window will be pushed back further. It's way easier to have your current players develop into the roles you need them to play than to go out and find scoring.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 10:50 AM
renberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
If we're going by this fallacy than practically the whole team isn't going to cut it as it's not an overly fast team with Schenn being far from the slowest. A good coach who's worth his salt adjusts to his personnel.
Speed has been a necessity for his players at ND. It's why several of the Flyers players won't be here for much longer and Schenn is one of them. His lack of speed made him an anchor on G and Vorachek's line and got him moved. Coots is the second line center. If you're putting Schenn on LW, you're banging a square peg into a round hole. Not all centers can do that.

renberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 11:37 AM
FreshPerspective
Hextall is a deity!

While we obviously need more production from him this season....I want to really see him get back to playing aggressive and getting more involved on the forecheck. If he plays passive and inconsistently again..he should move on.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 11:59 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by renberg View Post
Speed has been a necessity for his players at ND. It's why several of the Flyers players won't be here for much longer and Schenn is one of them. His lack of speed made him an anchor on G and Vorachek's line and got him moved. Coots is the second line center. If you're putting Schenn on LW, you're banging a square peg into a round hole. Not all centers can do that.
What Hakstol did at UND is irrelevant. He had the luxury of not only picking his players but he did so with no restrictions. You're not going to have a roster perfectly tailor made to your needs in today's NHL.

If Hakstol can't adjust to his roster than he's not a very a good coach.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I think Schenn's development this year will be key for this team's future. If he's unable to be a consistent secondary scoring option Hextall's job will be made more difficult, and the team's window will be pushed back further. It's way easier to have your current players develop into the roles you need them to play than to go out and find scoring.
You are unfortunately correct. Schenn becoming a solid 2-way C was a big part of the rebuild begun in 2011. If that derails completely and he can't even really gain a hold on wing much less C, it's really problematic for the team.