HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Best and Worst so far

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 05:36 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Best and Worst so far

Handzus has been the Flyers best player so far in camp and druing the games. Handzus and Williams have looked real good together so far. I'd like to see Gagne step it up and carry the pusk some more, and look to dominate instead of waiting for his linemates to get him the puck.

LeClair, he looks lost out there, and as of today should not be in the line-up opening night.

I would like to see Hitch try out Chouinard with JR & Amonte the next few nights.

What I would like to see opening night

Chouinard/Gagne - JR - Amonte
Chouinard/Gagne - Handzus - Williams
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
Somik - Lapointe - Recchi

Old
09-29-2003, 06:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
LeClair, he looks lost out there, and as of today should not be in the line-up opening night.

Don't see that happening

Handzus has been the best Flyer pretty much since he was traded here. He's been the real 2nd liner on this team, and hopefully with a 25-goal, 60-point season will give Clarke a reason to let Primeau go and give Sharp a chance to be an every day player next year.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Dr Love

Man, John LeClair a healthy scratch. Not too long ago that would have been blasphamey.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:51 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Don't see that happening

Handzus has been the best Flyer pretty much since he was traded here. He's been the real 2nd liner on this team, and hopefully with a 25-goal, 60-point season will give Clarke a reason to let Primeau go and give Sharp a chance to be an every day player next year.

I wouldn't say he was the best Flyer last year, certainly one of the best.

Just because Handzus is our 2nd line center is no reason to just dump Primeau. Sharp will not be able to play against the other teams top lines on a regular basis and be our "shut-down" center.

Sharp should be ready next year, and will take Lapointe's job or move to the wing and take LeClair or Recchi's spot.

Not until Carter & Richards are ready will we have someone to replace Primeau, unless we make a trade for someone like Comrie, so then Handzus can move down to the 3rd spot.

Whether you like it or not Primeau is Hitchcock's favorite player, and would leave a big hole in our line-up if he was gone.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:54 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Man, John LeClair a healthy scratch. Not too long ago that would have been blasphamey.

He looks lost out there. He started off the season real well last year, but since the shoulder injury he looks like he doesn't have a clue.

Old
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Best and Worst so far:

Best: Handzus, Williams, Vandermeer, Somik, Woywitka, Pitkanen, Recchi

worst: Hackett, LeClair

overall, I think our guys have looked good. Hackett has looked good some parts of the game and bad other. the first goal he let up on Saturday was real bad but I don't think there was alot he could do about the others. LeClair is going to take time to rebuild his strenght in his shoulder and who knows how long that will take a battered 33 year old powerforward. I agree though, if he isn't healthy, then he should sit instead of hurting the team or himself.

Closed Thread