HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Shishkanov

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Isles72

vCash: 500
Shishkanov

Shishkanov--what are the chances - scale of 1-10 he cracks the Preds lineup

Old
07-24-2005, 09:15 AM
vopatsrash

6. It would take a pretty strong camp for him to make it.

I'd say 4, but a roster spot might be there for the taking between him Gamache, and Upshall so just the chance alone puts him at 6.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Isles72

thanks

Old
07-24-2005, 12:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Arkhipov, Jr needs to prove himself a bit more, after backsliding a bit last year...especially in the playoffs.

Old
07-24-2005, 01:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

Arkhipov, Jr needs to prove himself a bit more, after backsliding a bit last year...especially in the playoffs.
I would agree, though I don't think he's exactly Arkhi Jr. I think he's closer to Andersson. Andersson was very talented, had really good size and was very athletic. But he has poor hockey sense and bad work ethic. He was a floater who floated to the wrong places. I think Shishkanov is very similar. He's slightly smaller in stature, but quite a bit stronger in play. He's more athletic and more talented, but he suffers from similar mental problems. He doesn't have a good feel for where he's supposed to be and even when he does, struggles to get there. With this skillset, he should already be an NHLer. While he just turned 22, I'm not sure he's any closer to the NHL than we was at 20-21.

Old
07-24-2005, 01:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I would agree, though I don't think he's exactly Arkhi Jr. I think he's closer to Andersson. Andersson was very talented, had really good size and was very athletic. But he has poor hockey sense and bad work ethic. He was a floater who floated to the wrong places. I think Shishkanov is very similar. He's slightly smaller in stature, but quite a bit stronger in play. He's more athletic and more talented, but he suffers from similar mental problems. He doesn't have a good feel for where he's supposed to be and even when he does, struggles to get there. With this skillset, he should already be an NHLer. While he just turned 22, I'm not sure he's any closer to the NHL than we was at 20-21.

agreed with all that, especially the andersson comparison. In fact, I'd say Shish is further than he was when he was coming out of juniors. He never seems to want to take the obvious shot.

Closed Thread