HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Confirmed:MSG will television the NHL Draft

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 12:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Confirmed:MSG will television the NHL Draft

Found this on the Cablevision website for Saturday July 30 12pm

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/partne...artner_id=cabe

EPISODE GUIDE
SHOW TITLE: 2005 NHL Draft
CATEGORY: Sport - Events
SYNOPSIS: From Ottawa.
CHANNEL: 87 [MSG]
DATE / TIME: July 30: 12:00PM
CHANNEL: 720 [MSGHD]
DATE / TIME: July 30: 12:00PM

Old
07-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Yizee*

Yep just checked my tv schedule for next saturday and lists the nhl draft on msg from 12pm to 3PM I believe

Old
07-24-2005, 12:42 PM
FLYLine24*

I was confirmed a few days ago when they annouced they would be showing the lottery.

Old
07-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I think it's great that they're doing so much. They are doing an outstanding job. Props to them .

Old
07-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Choice

Will there even be anything to show besides team personnel sitting at computers?
The draft Lottery was a terrible show. Could have been done in 10 minutes but they decided to drag it out in 45.

Old
07-24-2005, 05:30 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Will there even be anything to show besides team personnel sitting at computers?
The draft Lottery was a terrible show. Could have been done in 10 minutes but they decided to drag it out in 45.
Haha yea it was terrible, we lost...if we had won it would have been the best show in the world.

Old
07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice

The lottery so was done greatly. I dont know what your talking about. Maybe not for the US but in Cananda that was a huge thing and they made the lottery the best it could have been. It was 30 minutes not 45. It would have been so stupid if it was done in 5 minutes after all the hype it was bringing. A+ on the lottery.

Bettman said the Draft will "look" like the other drafts have looked in the past but inside of a hotel..so just take away the fans and thats what it is. GMs and Owners will go up and annouce the player..the player will put on the jersey (from what I heard 15-20 prospects have been invited to it)

Old
07-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
The lottery so was done greatly. I dont know what your talking about. Maybe not for the US but in Cananda that was a huge thing and they made the lottery the best it could have been. It was 30 minutes not 45. It would have been so stupid if it was done in 5 minutes after all the hype it was bringing. A+ on the lottery.

Bettman said the Draft will "look" like the other drafts have looked in the past but inside of a hotel..so just take away the fans and thats what it is. GMs and Owners will go up and annouce the player..the player will put on the jersey (from what I heard 15-20 prospects have been invited to it)
I dont know how you can say that the draft lottery show was good. They were building up suspense for drawing names out of a hat for chrissakes. Just because there has been hype for the event doesn't mean that it should be drawn out as long as possible. It was stupid on the NHL's part to make it take so much longer than necessary, as if they think people don't have anything better to do. I would have loved for the thing to be done in 5 minutes, who cares how much it was hyped. D- on the lottery show. I know its much fewer teams but the NBA draft lottery takes about 10 minutes and if I remember correctly takes place at halftime of a playoff game. Also, the thing has never even been televised before so they shouldn't have acted like its a huge deal. I know its special because of Crosby, but by that logic it makes the reading of the 29 other teams even moe worthless because the first pick is the only real important one.

As for the draft, 15-20 prospects is a lot less than usual. I'm excited to watch but it will probably be a pretty spartan affair. Might as well just have teams phone in their picks like in baseball.

Closed Thread