HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYR shopping Michael Del Zotto

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
pspot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
at 50% the salary I don't think Goligoski is a bad idea.
sorry I changed mine, I did like Goligoski but thought he was RHD....which he's not

Old
11-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
something around MDZ and Robidas and Eakins? Dallas would have to add
but its a RHD which would help now and could probably get a good prospect as well

Gives Dallas another piece to add to Seguin, Benn
We need a RHD we can add to the core group of players, not a guy who is a year or two away from retirement.

Quote:
at 50% the salary I don't think Goligoski is a bad idea.
Goligoski isn't an upgrade on anything we have at the moment.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Sony Eriksson*

I would be willing to move Daley+ for Del Zotto but the + is not going to be any of our top 6 with exception of Eakin.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine Ragusa View Post
I would be willing to move Daley+ for Del Zotto but the + is not going to be any of our top 6 with exception of Eakin.
That's not going to cut it, sorry.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
That's not going to cut it, sorry.
So Robidas and Goligoski get a somewhat positive nod but Daley who is better than both gets shot down? Interesting! I think Daley, Eakin + a pick is beyond fair value for Del Zotto. Daley IMO is one of the most underrated D men in the league. He has uncanny speed and is not a defensive liability, and can put up points.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 143
Quote:
So Robidas and Goligoski get a somewhat positive nod but Daley who is better than both gets shot down? Interesting! I think Daley, Eakin + a pick is beyond fair value for Del Zotto. Daley IMO is one of the most underrated D men in the league. He has uncanny speed and is not a defensive liability, and can put up points.
We're trading DZ because we are trying to get rid of a lefty. We have a logjam at LD because we have 2 #1 d-men in front of him.

We aren't trading MDZ to get another LH d-man. MDZ is better than Daley. We'd just keep him.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I wouldn't want Gogo (who I know is a lefty) or a 36-year-old Robidas either.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
pspot

RHD are at a premium and if part of the requirement is compete now than Robidas fits, obviously not a long term solution but as part of a package it makes sense

there are very few teams that have the depth to move a RHD especially ones that are NHL ready. I'm a leafs fans and have been looking for months

Its literally Nashville, Car and maybe Phx
Carolina is close (less now with McBain gone) but their RHD are young

Rundblad or Morris +
Ellis +
Faulk

otherwise I think you look at teams that are rebuilding and get a vet rhd + ....like Robidas

Old
11-18-2013, 09:58 AM
NYR713

I think NY will be looking for a forward if they move MDZ. The reason he is expendable is the depth the team has on defense. He's a top 4 D man with higher offensive upside who's playing 3rd pairing right now. He has offensive skills, but so does McDonagh, Staal, Moore and Stralman with McD, Staal and Moore currently taking the blue line on the PP.

With the offensive skills of those guys, what they need on defense is more size and grit... a stay at home type. That isn't to say that the rest of the D can't play physical and Del Zotto can be pretty physical too, but you want that mean guy. Falk can fill in with that role and provide some grit and McIlrath will be NHL ready soon and should see some games this season.

Rangers need scoring right now. If Nash can come back soon that is a big help, but if NY can move MDZ for someone that can pot some goals and get Nash back, they're going to be in a much better position to compete.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Daley and Goligoski are LHD that are older and have a higher salary than MDZ. Why the hell does this interest NYR again?

Robidas is 36...

If we're moving MDZ, it's for a top-6 forward under 25. Or a RHD that's not on the downside of his career.

If MDZ was a Righty, there wouldn't be a need to move him.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
sorry I changed mine, I did like Goligoski but thought he was RHD....which he's not
whoops, thought he was too. if hes LD then no point

He was dealt for Neal has he fallen THAT far?

Old
11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
pspot

Quote:
whoops, thought he was too. if hes LD then no point

He was dealt for Neal has he fallen THAT far?
just not producing at the same right, I don't watch Stars so not sure what's going on

as for the change
Robidas and Eakins is a solid offer, you won't find the perfect fit

Runblad might be an interesting option but his inability to transition from AHL to NHL is a concern

I'd have the same issue with Ellis

again there aren't a lot of young RHD options , especially on teams with RHD depth

Old
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
They certainly didn't get a positive nod from me. Daley is 30, a lefty, and doesn't bring the offensive spark we're looking for. We don't need a guy who 'can' -- but never has -- put up big offensive numbers.

If you'd rather try your offer with the "We'll take whatever we can get!" crowd, be my guest.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
RHD are at a premium and if part of the requirement is compete now than Robidas fits, obviously not a long term solution but as part of a package it makes sense

there are very few teams that have the depth to move a RHD especially ones that are NHL ready. I'm a leafs fans and have been looking for months

Its literally Nashville, Car and maybe Phx
Carolina is close (less now with McBain gone) but their RHD are young

Rundblad or Morris +
Ellis +
Faulk

otherwise I think you look at teams that are rebuilding and get a vet rhd + ....like Robidas
Or we'll just trade Del Zotto for a RHD who isn't NHL ready and/or a piece that is NHL ready. We're not going to deal for Robidas. He's not what we need.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
PsychoDad

I always wondered how quick Del Zotto managed to find his way into the NHL considering how abysmal he was in his own end during junior days. It seems to have cought up to him...

Old
11-18-2013, 10:27 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Wait, Rangers fans seriously think that "not much separates" MDZ from the likes of Voynov and Shattenkirk? Good lord. Between his mediocre defense and the fact that most teams have a guy they'd prefer getting offensive deployments, he's not actually "a top four guy on most teams."

Also, unless they can get Brian Campbell with salary retention, the Rangers shouldn't look primarily for point production when adding to their blueline. Instead, they should focus on transition stats and ice two excellent play-controlling shutdown pairings.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
I always wondered how quick Del Zotto managed to find his way into the NHL considering how abysmal he was in his own end during junior days. It seems to have cought up to him...
He found his way into the NHL by being dynamic offensively. He stayed there by being an excellent player at both ends while Staal was out with injuries. It wasn't until he was forced to play on the right-side of the ice that he started to take a step back.

Far, far too much "what have you done for me lately" analysis in this thread.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:32 AM
PsychoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He found his way into the NHL by being dynamic offensively. He stayed there by being an excellent player at both ends while Staal was out with injuries. It wasn't until he was forced to play on the right-side of the ice that he started to take a step back.

Far, far too much "what have you done for me lately" analysis in this thread.
I cant imagine that an excellent 2-way defenseman gets to be a healthy scratch just by being switched to the wrong side.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
I cant imagine that an excellent 2-way defenseman gets to be a healthy scratch just by being switched to the wrong side.
I can't imagine you have watched him play.

I'd love to see an argument against DZ based on stats or facts instead of non sense like this. I have yet to see one.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Wait, Rangers fans seriously think that "not much separates" MDZ from the likes of Voynov and Shattenkirk? Good lord. Between his mediocre defense and the fact that most teams have a guy they'd prefer getting offensive deployments, he's not actually "a top four guy on most teams."

Also, unless they can get Brian Campbell with salary retention, the Rangers shouldn't look primarily for point production when adding to their blueline. Instead, they should focus on transition stats and ice two excellent play-controlling shutdown pairings.
I love the Rangers but one thing my fellow fans on here absolutely do is overvalue the crap out of our own draft picks. I guess that's to be expected when our team drafted the likes of Al Montoya and Hugh Jessiman in the first round so I guess I can't blame them.

I suggested a MDZ for Campbell swap with FLA retaining 40% salary and got reamed. Campbell is exactly what this team needs

The Rangers board is also infatuated with youth like anyone over 30 is automatically garbage. Our defense core is as follows:

MDZ 23
Girardi 28/29?
Staal 27?
Stralman 26
Moore 23
McDonagh 23

Not a single person over the age of 30. That's unheard of on 90% of teams in the league. Yet my fellow Ranger fans go ape **** when someone proposes a guy over 30 with stanley cup experience. Unreal

Old
11-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I always wondered why posters here feel the need to share an opinion on a player they don't watch, or know much about.

Why do you guys do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Between his mediocre defense
Another poster who doesn't watch MDZ.

What, specifically, makes MDZ mediocre defensively???????

Explain this, chestnut of awesomeness to us please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Yet my fellow Ranger fans go ape **** when someone proposes a guy over 30 with stanley cup experience. Unreal
We didn't go ape **** because he was over 30. We went ape **** because you offered MDZ for him. Terrible asset management. There's no arguing that. You want Campbell? Offer picks and prospects. Not 23 year old NHL caliber 40 point dmen.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
sens613

If he were to be moved what kibd of forwards would you be looking to get back . Please no " under 25 top 6 currently on a cheap contract" answers. Teams don't trade those players.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
You don't need to imagine it. It's the reality of the situation.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens613 View Post
If he were to be moved what kibd of forwards would you be looking to get back . Please no " under 25 top 6 currently on a cheap contract" answers. Teams don't trade those players.
So basically you're waiting for someone to say "for your spare parts"?

Old
11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I'd be looking for a youngish, physical third liner with 15 goal potential and d 2nd.

11-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Crappy player, mediocre prospect, and a 2nd?

Is that the 'fair' trade you're envisioning?

Closed Thread