HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2013, 11:50 AM
technoviking
Whatever's Clever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnifique View Post
We've had two lefties together before.
It's just what they said on the broadcast, bud. Nash said Tip called Portland and asked who their best RHD was.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:05 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Tippett called Edwards and asked for his best RHD. Edwards sent Murphy.

11-17-2013, 12:08 PM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
Hi yotes fans, jets fan here.

What about a klesla for Setoguchi swap? Seto has been playing great lately but our d core is decimated. Tonight against the wild half of our d core have played maybe a handful of games this season. Clitsome is our #3 and he's ideally a #5. We also could really use a good #4 shutdown lefty long term.

Conditional picks (4th? 5th?) If the players do not re sign with the same club.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:13 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post

What about a klesla for Setoguchi swap? Seto has been playing great lately but our d core is decimated. Tonight against the wild half of our d core have played maybe a handful of games this season. Clitsome is our #3 and he's ideally a #5. We also could really use a good #4 shutdown lefty long term.

Seems fair.

Old
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Part time Leaf fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
It's just what they said on the broadcast, bud. Nash said Tip called Portland and asked who their best RHD was.
Oh, I didn't hear that, thanks, champ.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:

Would do this.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
They didn't really address why Klesla didn't play. Klesla's played the right side plenty for Tippett before. None of us had Murphy on the radar, so how did he suddenly make the jump past Klesla on the right side? It might be something inconsequential, but we all know they've got to re-balance at some point. I'd wait till we start losing.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:35 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

It's fair enough. Seto would be a good fit on any of our lines. Excellent speed, shot, good on the forecheck - would be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.

Old
11-17-2013, 01:41 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
They didn't really address why Klesla didn't play. Klesla's played the right side plenty for Tippett before. None of us had Murphy on the radar, so how did he suddenly make the jump past Klesla on the right side? It might be something inconsequential, but we all know they've got to re-balance at some point. I'd wait till we start losing.
I think Setoguchi, or Micalek make sense for Klesla. I also think Colorado could be a trade partner for one of their forwards as Klesla would really help them and they are reeling fast now. They just traded Downey for Talbot, so they don't get over paid. This is the time of year when veteran D, top 4 stay at home guys, which Klesla clearly is, have more value. Up until now, everyone hopes there D guys are better then they really are...

Old
11-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Murphy back to Portland as per Sarah Maclellan on Twitter.

Old
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Vip
In the clouds

Sounds like Klesla didn't play just because. You guys are making a huge deal about nothing.
IMO Tip just wanted a shake-up on D.

Old
11-17-2013, 02:27 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

I wouldn't mind getting Seto.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
Sounds like Klesla didn't play just because. You guys are making a huge deal about nothing.
IMO Tip just wanted a shake-up on D.
Or the team doesn't play until Thursday, so they're sending him down to see the ice in the meantime. We've done this before with the kids shuffling back and forth.

It's possible you're right, but it's definitely worth a raised eyebrow under the circumstances.

Old
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Or the team doesn't play until Thursday, so they're sending him down to see the ice in the meantime. We've done this before with the kids shuffling back and forth.

It's possible you're right, but it's definitely worth a raised eyebrow under the circumstances.
Other than the game going on right now Portland doesn't play again until Friday.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Perhaps the team was more comfortable calling it a "healthy scratch" then explaining to the media that he had a minor injury, minor illness, personal issue, or disciplinary issue. Tippett enjoys being vague. Haha.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Perhaps the team was more comfortable calling it a "healthy scratch" then explaining to the media that he had a minor injury, minor illness, personal issue, or disciplinary issue. Tippett enjoys being vague. Haha.
Shut it. We have more fun speculating.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING

Seriously though, I love trades. Feels like Christmas morning every time. I can't wait to see our first substantial one with new ownership.

Old
11-17-2013, 04:50 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
When Dmo was out a few years ago, it was for personal reasons, Hanzel missed because of the flu, others always upper or lower body injury. I can see him being healthy scratched if DMO and Z are in, but they were not. They are usually straight up, but vague, and Murphy was recalled the day before, so this was planned, not last minute. I still think there is a trade coming...could be wrong though...

Old
11-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Fallenone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwayfromhome View Post
Murphy back to Portland as per Sarah Maclellan on Twitter.
Tippet never seems comfortable with Rookies. Now Schlemko hasn't been as firm on defense as he should be. I saw Him a few times with the Sundogs. Even there he was not going to make anyone's All Star Team. Now I have to admit I don't know what Schlemko's contract is. But It seems He's always Hurt. When he isn't. We just have better Defense Men. Can Murphy make more mistakes than Schlemko?

Old
11-17-2013, 07:23 PM
ctwin22
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenone View Post
Tippet never seems comfortable with Rookies. Now Schlemko hasn't been as firm on defense as he should be. I saw Him a few times with the Sundogs. Even there he was not going to make anyone's All Star Team. Now I have to admit I don't know what Schlemko's contract is. But It seems He's always Hurt. When he isn't. We just have better Defense Men. Can Murphy make more mistakes than Schlemko?
Not that he won't do it, but Tipp is a big believer in L/R pairings on "D". Klesla and Schlemko have occasionally been asked to play the offside, but not for any length of time.

Old
11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
SniperHF
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
It's fair enough. Seto would be a good fit on any of our lines. Excellent speed, shot, good on the forecheck - would be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.
I'm still annoyed we couldn't have gotten in on Setoguchi when all it took was a 2nd.

Old
11-17-2013, 08:53 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I'm still annoyed we couldn't have gotten in on Setoguchi when all it took was a 2nd.
Yeah, I was annoyed too. I'm sure Seto would've preferred coming here if he had a choice instead of Winnipeg as well, given his California preferences.

Old
11-18-2013, 12:18 AM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

I'd be pretty happy if the Brouwer for Klesla speculation among Caps fans actually comes to life. Brouwer supposedly had great chemistry with Ribeiro in Washington last season (33g pace over 82). He wears an A with the Caps and was an important player when winning a Cup with the hawks who were then coached by Dave Tippett's best buddy Joel Quennville. Played on both PK2 and PP2 for that squad that season, iirc. Brings a little of everything (fights now and again and is usually in the top ten or fifteen in the NHL among forwards in hits year over year) and just seems like he'd be a good fit for this squad.

Old
11-18-2013, 01:09 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Moss and Klesla maybe a 2nd due to both players being UFA at end of year

for

Erat and Brouwer

Doan-Ribeiro_Brouwer
Erat-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Boedker
Klink_Chip-Szwarz/Halpern

Old
11-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Moss and Klesla maybe a 2nd due to both players being UFA at end of year

for

Erat and Brouwer

Doan-Ribeiro_Brouwer
Erat-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Vermette-Boedker
Klink_Chip-Szwarz/Halpern
I think that would be bringing on to much salary.

Closed Thread