HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2014, 09:00 PM
  #601
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 4,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
ER- Agree... but I can see Q using Johns as a forward on the PP for sure (aka- Buff)- in front of net...

also- Q will reign in Johns... but Johns winning puck battles in our D zone will be his "time and place" to move people.

ER- what is Fournier's injury? I know he has had shoulder issues in past.
I'm not sure what Fournier's injury is. It's hard to find info on Jr player injuries - or I just don't know where to look. I had the same problem when Hartman was out for a few games - only evidence was his name missing from the box score.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 09:54 PM
  #602
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,579
vCash: 500
This is actually official as of a few games ago, but Kevin Hayes has more goals this season (21) than he had in his first 3 NCAA seasons combined (19).

Last year, Hayes had 25 points in 27 games. This year, in 2 more games played, he has 48 points. That's a 23-point difference, in 2 extra games played.

His numbers this year are crazy. Hopefully, because it's such a dramatic difference, it'll translate to the Pros.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
  #603
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 500
Pirri won the AHL MVP in the all star game tonight. Has to help his trade value.

Taze em is offline  
Old
02-12-2014, 11:56 PM
  #604
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 4,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
Pirri won the AHL MVP in the all star game tonight. Has to help his trade value.
Yep - scored 2 goals and 1 assist with a +3. I watched the first period and it looked like the allstars were going to have a laugher - it was 4-0 after the 1st period. I missed the 2nd and 3rd periods so I didn't see Pirri score his goals.

One thing I noticed and was surprised about was Pirri took 4th place the in fastest skater in the skills competition yesterday. I never thought of Pirri as fast. Maybe there were only 4 skaters in the competition - I don't know.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 12:00 AM
  #605
bookjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I'm not sure what Fournier's injury is. It's hard to find info on Jr player injuries - or I just don't know where to look. I had the same problem when Hartman was out for a few games - only evidence was his name missing from the box score.
It's the dislocated shoulder injury he sustained right before New Year's. The Huskies originally gave a 4 wk timeline for his return but then a few wks later in mid-January sent out a release to the QMJHL and Quebec media that he was in fact going to need season-ending surgery on it after all. So conventional non-invasive rehab wasn't working. If I am recalling correctly from the time, I believe it's the second time this same shoulder has been operated on.

bookjones is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 01:48 AM
  #606
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,666
vCash: 50
not sure why this should help the trade value. Everybody already knows that he can score at the AHL level

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
  #607
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
Pirri won the AHL MVP in the all star game tonight. Has to help his trade value.
I'm not sure being the MVP of an all star game really ups any NHL value at all. AHL MVP of the season, perhaps, but of an all star game? Meh. All star games are glorified pond hockey, really. Not knocking Pirri the player, good for him. But it's kind of a novelty more than anything.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
  #608
Metalcommand
Registered User
 
Metalcommand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country:
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
It's ridiculous that the league is going on still but TT 1+1 today once more gathering 'em points.

Metalcommand is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 02:15 PM
  #609
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcommand View Post
It's ridiculous that the league is going on still but TT 1+1 today once more gathering 'em points.
Actually TT was 1+0 today and his point streak continues to 12 games. He's now 6+32=38 in 41 games. Highlights later.

Kentti is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 02:20 PM
  #610
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I'm not sure being the MVP of an all star game really ups any NHL value at all. AHL MVP of the season, perhaps, but of an all star game? Meh. All star games are glorified pond hockey, really. Not knocking Pirri the player, good for him. But it's kind of a novelty more than anything.
I was mostly kidding about it helping his trade value. Can't really hurt though.

Teravainen scored? Needs to look to pass more IMO.

Taze em is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
  #611
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
I was mostly kidding about it helping his trade value. Can't really hurt though.

Teravainen scored? Needs to look to pass more IMO.
Oh, sorry then. It doesn't hurt, no.

TT is a selfish ***** and only cares about his goal totals.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
  #612
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 32,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If TT is good as advertised and he plays with Kane Bollig might score forty playing the other wing.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now  
Old
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
  #613
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 500
My dream (but semi realistic) season ends with Bickell coming back healthy to play with Kane and TT on the second line. His shot and net presence would be amazing with TTs playmaking and Kane's kanery.

Taze em is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 03:12 PM
  #614
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Highlights from today's TT's game: http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/sm-liig...okerit-1322014

TT's goal @ 0:56.

Almost forgot, Jokerit won Blues 2-5.


Last edited by Kentti: 02-13-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Kentti is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
  #615
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
My dream (but semi realistic) season ends with Bickell coming back healthy to play with Kane and TT on the second line. His shot and net presence would be amazing with TTs playmaking and Kane's kanery.
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
  #616
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?
I was under the impression that he can come over and play like, 7 games and then the playoffs without his contract counting for the year.

When will his season be over for Jokerit?

Taze em is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 05:20 PM
  #617
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
I was under the impression that he can come over and play like, 7 games and then the playoffs without his contract counting for the year.

When will his season be over for Jokerit?
March 16th earliest, April 26th latest.

Kentti is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 07:32 PM
  #618
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 4,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookjones View Post
It's the dislocated shoulder injury he sustained right before New Year's. The Huskies originally gave a 4 wk timeline for his return but then a few wks later in mid-January sent out a release to the QMJHL and Quebec media that he was in fact going to need season-ending surgery on it after all. So conventional non-invasive rehab wasn't working. If I am recalling correctly from the time, I believe it's the second time this same shoulder has been operated on.
Thanks for the update bookie. Hopefully it's not something he'll continue to have problems with. The only time I saw him play was a little bit in training camp last year and with his skating he has a chance.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 09:24 PM
  #619
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 11:07 PM
  #620
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.
Knew that about the playoffs but for some reason completely blanked on the ten regular season games. I knew that for the start of the season but never thought of it applying to an entire season/any point of the regular season cuz it so often comes into play at the start of the season. Thanks for the clarification.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-13-2014, 11:16 PM
  #621
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.
It seems really obvious to me that the plan will be to give him a little time off after his season and then he'll jump in. Then it's sink or swim with a very long leash. We WILL see him in a playoff game(s).

Bruins did it with Krug so there is a precedent.

Taze em is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 04:33 AM
  #622
Jussi
Hey everyone
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The List Of Jericho
Country: Finland
Posts: 55,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
March 16th earliest, April 26th latest.
If he doesn't do a complete disappearing act in the playoffs, I think he'll play at the World Championships.

Jussi is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:07 AM
  #623
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.


I beleive you are wrong about not counting playoff games. Case in point Marcus Kruger.
He signed a 3 yr ELC

2010-11 7 regular season games + 5 playoff games
2011-12 played full time with the Hawks
2012-13 played full time with the Hawks

Received a new contract in the summer or 2013 for the 13-14 season.

From the CBA, it does not differentiate regular or playoff games just NHL Games

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year,
except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances


Last edited by Hawkscap: 02-14-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Hawkscap is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:31 PM
  #624
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkscap View Post
I beleive you are wrong about not counting playoff games. Case in point Marcus Kruger.
He signed a 3 yr ELC

2010-11 7 regular season games + 5 playoff games
2011-12 played full time with the Hawks
2012-13 played full time with the Hawks

Received a new contract in the summer or 2013 for the 13-14 season.

From the CBA, it does not differentiate regular or playoff games just NHL Games

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year,
except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances
Kruger's ELC was burned because he was over 19 and was playing Pro on "loan" in Europe. Because Teravainen is only 19, his contract slides despite playing Pro in Europe.

And unless something's changed under the new CBA (which I don't see why it would), playoff games don't count towards a players contract status.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-14-2014, 09:33 PM
  #625
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
It seems really obvious to me that the plan will be to give him a little time off after his season and then he'll jump in. Then it's sink or swim with a very long leash. We WILL see him in a playoff game(s).

Bruins did it with Krug so there is a precedent.
Forget Krug; if you want a precedent, look no further than Kruger and Saad. Both were cut from the Hawks to start the season, but finished with the Hawks after finishing their seasons in Europe and Junior, and both played games in the playoffs.

HockeySensible is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.