HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2014, 09:00 PM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
ER- Agree... but I can see Q using Johns as a forward on the PP for sure (aka- Buff)- in front of net...

also- Q will reign in Johns... but Johns winning puck battles in our D zone will be his "time and place" to move people.

ER- what is Fournier's injury? I know he has had shoulder issues in past.
I'm not sure what Fournier's injury is. It's hard to find info on Jr player injuries - or I just don't know where to look. I had the same problem when Hartman was out for a few games - only evidence was his name missing from the box score.

Old
02-12-2014, 09:54 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

This is actually official as of a few games ago, but Kevin Hayes has more goals this season (21) than he had in his first 3 NCAA seasons combined (19).

Last year, Hayes had 25 points in 27 games. This year, in 2 more games played, he has 48 points. That's a 23-point difference, in 2 extra games played.

His numbers this year are crazy. Hopefully, because it's such a dramatic difference, it'll translate to the Pros.

Old
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Taze em

Pirri won the AHL MVP in the all star game tonight. Has to help his trade value.

Old
02-12-2014, 11:56 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
Pirri won the AHL MVP in the all star game tonight. Has to help his trade value.
Yep - scored 2 goals and 1 assist with a +3. I watched the first period and it looked like the allstars were going to have a laugher - it was 4-0 after the 1st period. I missed the 2nd and 3rd periods so I didn't see Pirri score his goals.

One thing I noticed and was surprised about was Pirri took 4th place the in fastest skater in the skills competition yesterday. I never thought of Pirri as fast. Maybe there were only 4 skaters in the competition - I don't know.

Old
02-13-2014, 12:00 AM
bookjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I'm not sure what Fournier's injury is. It's hard to find info on Jr player injuries - or I just don't know where to look. I had the same problem when Hartman was out for a few games - only evidence was his name missing from the box score.
It's the dislocated shoulder injury he sustained right before New Year's. The Huskies originally gave a 4 wk timeline for his return but then a few wks later in mid-January sent out a release to the QMJHL and Quebec media that he was in fact going to need season-ending surgery on it after all. So conventional non-invasive rehab wasn't working. If I am recalling correctly from the time, I believe it's the second time this same shoulder has been operated on.

Old
02-13-2014, 01:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
not sure why this should help the trade value. Everybody already knows that he can score at the AHL level

Old
02-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I'm not sure being the MVP of an all star game really ups any NHL value at all. AHL MVP of the season, perhaps, but of an all star game? Meh. All star games are glorified pond hockey, really. Not knocking Pirri the player, good for him. But it's kind of a novelty more than anything.

Old
02-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Metalcommand

It's ridiculous that the league is going on still but TT 1+1 today once more gathering 'em points.

Old
02-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcommand View Post
It's ridiculous that the league is going on still but TT 1+1 today once more gathering 'em points.
Actually TT was 1+0 today and his point streak continues to 12 games. He's now 6+32=38 in 41 games. Highlights later.

Old
02-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Taze em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I'm not sure being the MVP of an all star game really ups any NHL value at all. AHL MVP of the season, perhaps, but of an all star game? Meh. All star games are glorified pond hockey, really. Not knocking Pirri the player, good for him. But it's kind of a novelty more than anything.
I was mostly kidding about it helping his trade value. Can't really hurt though.

Teravainen scored? Needs to look to pass more IMO.

Old
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I was mostly kidding about it helping his trade value. Can't really hurt though.

Teravainen scored? Needs to look to pass more IMO.
Oh, sorry then. It doesn't hurt, no.

TT is a selfish ***** and only cares about his goal totals.

Old
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If TT is good as advertised and he plays with Kane Bollig might score forty playing the other wing.

Old
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Taze em

My dream (but semi realistic) season ends with Bickell coming back healthy to play with Kane and TT on the second line. His shot and net presence would be amazing with TTs playmaking and Kane's kanery.

Old
02-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Kentti

Highlights from today's TT's game: http://www.ruutu.fi/ohjelmat/sm-liig...okerit-1322014

TT's goal @ 0:56.

Almost forgot, Jokerit won Blues 2-5.

Last edited by Kentti: 02-13-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old
02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
My dream (but semi realistic) season ends with Bickell coming back healthy to play with Kane and TT on the second line. His shot and net presence would be amazing with TTs playmaking and Kane's kanery.
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?

Old
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Taze em

Quote:
If he comes to North America at the end of this season and let's say even goes to Rockford, does that burn his first year of his ELC? It does, right?
I was under the impression that he can come over and play like, 7 games and then the playoffs without his contract counting for the year.

When will his season be over for Jokerit?

Old
02-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Kentti

Quote:
I was under the impression that he can come over and play like, 7 games and then the playoffs without his contract counting for the year.

When will his season be over for Jokerit?
March 16th earliest, April 26th latest.

Old
02-13-2014, 07:32 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookjones View Post
It's the dislocated shoulder injury he sustained right before New Year's. The Huskies originally gave a 4 wk timeline for his return but then a few wks later in mid-January sent out a release to the QMJHL and Quebec media that he was in fact going to need season-ending surgery on it after all. So conventional non-invasive rehab wasn't working. If I am recalling correctly from the time, I believe it's the second time this same shoulder has been operated on.
Thanks for the update bookie. Hopefully it's not something he'll continue to have problems with. The only time I saw him play was a little bit in training camp last year and with his skating he has a chance.

Old
02-13-2014, 09:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:07 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
The only way his contract doesn't slide is if he plays 10 (or more) NHL regular season games this season. If he goes to Rockford and plays 15 regular season games (can't actually happen, but hypothetically) and the playoffs, his contract will slide and won't start until 2014-15.

I highly doubt Chicago will allow his ELC to start this season though. Even if he were to come over and Chicago had 12-13 games left, they would just sit him out (if he was going to stick) for a couple games to avoid burning a year off the ELC. Obviously, as I'm sure you're aware, playoff games do not count towards a players contract, therefore TT could play in every game for Chicago and regardless of how many games he plays, again the contract will slide.
Knew that about the playoffs but for some reason completely blanked on the ten regular season games. I knew that for the start of the season but never thought of it applying to an entire season/any point of the regular season cuz it so often comes into play at the start of the season. Thanks for the clarification.

Old
02-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Taze em

Quote:

It seems really obvious to me that the plan will be to give him a little time off after his season and then he'll jump in. Then it's sink or swim with a very long leash. We WILL see him in a playoff game(s).

Bruins did it with Krug so there is a precedent.

Old
02-14-2014, 04:33 AM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
March 16th earliest, April 26th latest.
If he doesn't do a complete disappearing act in the playoffs, I think he'll play at the World Championships.

Old
02-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Quote:

I beleive you are wrong about not counting playoff games. Case in point Marcus Kruger.
He signed a 3 yr ELC

2010-11 7 regular season games + 5 playoff games
2011-12 played full time with the Hawks
2012-13 played full time with the Hawks

Received a new contract in the summer or 2013 for the 13-14 season.

From the CBA, it does not differentiate regular or playoff games just NHL Games

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year,
except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances

Last edited by Hawkscap: 02-14-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old
02-14-2014, 09:31 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkscap View Post
I beleive you are wrong about not counting playoff games. Case in point Marcus Kruger.
He signed a 3 yr ELC

2010-11 7 regular season games + 5 playoff games
2011-12 played full time with the Hawks
2012-13 played full time with the Hawks

Received a new contract in the summer or 2013 for the 13-14 season.

From the CBA, it does not differentiate regular or playoff games just NHL Games

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a
Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year,
except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances
Kruger's ELC was burned because he was over 19 and was playing Pro on "loan" in Europe. Because Teravainen is only 19, his contract slides despite playing Pro in Europe.

And unless something's changed under the new CBA (which I don't see why it would), playoff games don't count towards a players contract status.

Old
02-14-2014, 09:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
It seems really obvious to me that the plan will be to give him a little time off after his season and then he'll jump in. Then it's sink or swim with a very long leash. We WILL see him in a playoff game(s).

Bruins did it with Krug so there is a precedent.
Forget Krug; if you want a precedent, look no further than Kruger and Saad. Both were cut from the Hawks to start the season, but finished with the Hawks after finishing their seasons in Europe and Junior, and both played games in the playoffs.

Closed Thread