HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks win 3-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2013, 11:52 PM
  #76
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 66,651
vCash: 50
Rob Brown's new nickname is "NO **** Sherlock"

Lord J T Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:53 PM
  #77
nexttothemoon
darkness.myoldfriend
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,515
vCash: 50
Oilers allowed 37 shots (plus about 5 that rung off the posts that don't count officially as shots). No way you can call that a good defensive effort.

The Oilers missed some good chances so ya they were "unlucky" but if the luck was even on both sides and everything went in it would probably be 8-4... still a one sided loss at home for the Oilers.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:53 PM
  #78
McOkMcgoMcoil
Registered User
 
McOkMcgoMcoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 13,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
I've seen Taylor Hall after almost every loss. I have never seen him like I just did.The kid cares a ton but the defeats are wearing on him

Oh boy..
Got to get a win against the flames tomorrow. Just got to.

McOkMcgoMcoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:53 PM
  #79
Wheathead
Formally a McRib
 
Wheathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Meh.

Didn't expect much.

Now I would really like it if the Oilers and Riders can beat Calgary teams this weekend. I'll admit that I'm slightly more confident on the football side of things.

Wheathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:54 PM
  #80
cyril*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Losing
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsyoilerforever View Post
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
I've seen Taylor Hall after almost every loss. I have never seen him like I just did.The kid cares a ton but the defeats are wearing on him

Oh boy..
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick 4m
Taylor Hall, extremely frustrated. Says he's tired of having to explain losses. "We need to win. Doesn't matter how. We need it."

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 2m
"I'm just so tired of coming in here after games and having to give a reason why we lost. We just gotta win." Taylor Hall


Will he be the first to ask for a trade?

cyril* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:54 PM
  #81
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan
 
Yeah15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpSoNiight View Post
Im guessing the reason the refs didnt call the high stick on Gordon was because earlier in the game there was a missed call where an oiler player drew blood on a sharks player and that went uncalled. I remember Ferraro mentioning the refs explaining it to eakins
There's absolutely no way that a ref would actually admit to not calling a play to even things out. They just straight up missed it, which is hilarious because there's 4 guys on the ice that could have called it.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  #82
McAsuno*
5-14-6-1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,291
vCash: 500
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack
Arcobello has been told to find a place to live in Edmonton.

There's good news.

McAsuno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  #83
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 66,651
vCash: 50
what positives are there from this game?-- besides easy money on vbookie

Lord J T Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  #84
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: no thanks
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,748
vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
So you are a fatalist. No point arguing then.
You assume too much, so find someone else to play with. So the top teams right now are winning because of luck speaking of assumptions. Fatalist, yeah more like realist. Check the standings again and blame bad luck all you wish, about the only thing you have left.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  #85
OILFAN #81
Registered User
 
OILFAN #81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Can't wait till Smyth and Hemsky are gone this summer or at the deadline. They both annoy me.

If we move a piece to get a defenseman, it should be Eberle IMO. Hall and RNH compete and backcheck. Eberle coasts. Hall-RNH-Yakupov is a line I would like to see.

And I know Gagner is not 100% but he needs to start producing offensively.

We could be 7 points behind 2nd last in the Western Conference after tomorrow night. Oilers are getting another top pick.

4-15-2. I cannot believe MacT is content with this group. Will we hit 30 points this season??

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  #86
Crobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 50
Jack Michaels ‏@EdmontonJack now
Arcobello has been told to find a place to live in Edmonton.

YAY!

Crobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
  #87
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,532
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
Ryan Dittrick ‏@ryandittrick 4m
Taylor Hall, extremely frustrated. Says he's tired of having to explain losses. "We need to win. Doesn't matter how. We need it."

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 2m
"I'm just so tired of coming in here after games and having to give a reason why we lost. We just gotta win." Taylor Hall


Will he be the first to ask for a trade?

If he asks for a trade,he can just gtfo.



Winners turn teams around,losers fail and ask for a trade.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
  #88
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 66,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Can't wait till Smyth and Hemsky are gone this summer or at the deadline. They both annoy me.

If we move a piece to get a defenseman, it should be Eberle IMO. Hall and RNH compete and backcheck. Eberle coasts. Hall-RNH-Yakupov is a line I would like to see.

And I know Gagner is not 100% but he needs to start producing offensively.

We could be 7 points behind 2nd last in the Western Conference after tomorrow night. Oilers are getting another top pick.

4-15-2. I cannot believe MacT is content with this group. Will we hit 30 points this season??
.......oilers might bring back Smyth back

Lord J T Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM
  #89
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: no thanks
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,748
vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Got to get a win against the flames tomorrow. Just got to.
Sorry one last jab, we just need the breaks against the Flames am I right? Don't show up for a full sixty minutes and hopefully that puck will roll for us.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:57 PM
  #90
MrM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 505
vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
If he asks for a trade,he can just gtfo.



Winners turn teams around,losers fail and ask for a trade.
and go to Anaheim and win the Cup.

MrM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:57 PM
  #91
McSaviour
Registered User
 
McSaviour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola1279 View Post
Sorry one last jab, we just need the breaks against the Flames am I right? Don't show up for a full sixty minutes and hopefully that puck will roll for us.
Yeah... No, Smid scores twice.

McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:58 PM
  #92
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan
 
Yeah15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 50
Bryzgalov is not going to improve this team at all imo... Dubnyk was impressive tonight, Sharks could have easily put up 7 or 8 goals (without even counting posts). Patrick Roy in his prime probably wouldn't lead this team to an above .500 record by the end of this year.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
  #93
TheWarriorSwe
Registered User
 
TheWarriorSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Stavanger
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Lets keep sending out Smyth as the extra attacker has not worked One fn time since he has been back but Renney Krueger and Eakins thinks its a brilliant play , just shows how ass backwards everything this organization does.
I think its become a thing for the coaches. Like every low percentage play it will eventually work sometime. So they go "havnt worked last 150 games, this game got to be the game it works"

TheWarriorSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
  #94
McDangler97
5-14-6-1
 
McDangler97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,683
vCash: 50
1 regulation win this season
Winning.

McDangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
  #95
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: no thanks
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,748
vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
If he asks for a trade,he can just gtfo.



Winners turn teams around,losers fail and ask for a trade.
Speaking of winning perhaps we could trade all of management perhaps then we might acquire the winners who we all crave.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 11:59 PM
  #96
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 66,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
Bryzgalov is not going to improve this team at all imo... Dubnyk was impressive tonight, Sharks could have easily put up 7 or 8 goals (without even counting posts). Patrick Roy in his prime probably wouldn't lead this team to an above .500 record by the end of this year.
Rob Ford is the you?

Lord J T Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:00 AM
  #97
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
.......oilers might bring back Smyth back
Best extra attacker ever

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:00 AM
  #98
McOkMcgoMcoil
Registered User
 
McOkMcgoMcoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 13,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola1279 View Post
You assume too much, so find someone else to play with. So the top teams right now are winning because of luck speaking of assumptions. Fatalist, yeah more like realist. Check the standings again and blame bad luck all you wish, about the only thing you have left.
No, of course not, breaks even out in the end. no doubt. However, they can accumulate over short periods. A team suddenly wins 9 out of 10. some times it is just a bunch of lucky breaks. In small groupls they can add up agaisnt you. IN a season, no, they will even out. no doubt. I just think so far, breaks have not been going our way. logically they will start to even out.

McOkMcgoMcoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:01 AM
  #99
Lord J T Shark
McDavid Headquarters
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 66,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola1279 View Post
Speaking of winning perhaps we could trade all of management perhaps then we might acquire the winners who we all crave.
I do believe that is why they added good local boy Brad Farence and dump losers such as Smid and Horcoff who did so little for the team

Lord J T Shark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 12:01 AM
  #100
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: no thanks
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,748
vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnykov View Post
Yeah... No, Smid scores twice.
Watch Smid play like Regehr tomorrow and knock out Hemsky. I expect after the shellacking the Flames took from the Sharks they will be ready tomorrow. Remember our bad luck beloved Oilers are the perfect recipe to break a slump.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.