HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Quinn likes his carrot

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 10:26 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
Quinn likes his carrot

"For five grinding years, we've tried to have some good-looking youth come into our organization," Quinn said. "It's starting to come and we want to make sure the carrot is there."

slam news

Old
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Leaf Army

Yeah, he was talking about how they're going to only carry 22 players on the roster for most of the year.

That way the players in St. John's are motivated because there is a spot open on the big team...hence his weird carrot analogy.

I guess he's refering to dangling a carrot in front of a horse... I dunno, that was before my time.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea to carry only 22 players. One less player sitting out. When injuries hit, it's not that hard to call up someone from St. John's

Old
09-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Yeah, he was talking about how they're going to only carry 22 players on the roster for most of the year.

That way the players in St. John's are motivated because there is a spot open on the big team...hence his weird carrot analogy.

I guess he's refering to dangling a carrot in front of a horse... I dunno, that was before my time.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea to carry only 22 players. One less player sitting out. When injuries hit, it's not that hard to call up someone from St. John's
Last year he got stuck without enough players because of this belief. Why can't he just carry enough people so if there is a pre game back out we have enough players.?

Old
10-01-2003, 04:39 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Last year he got stuck without enough players because of this belief. Why can't he just carry enough people so if there is a pre game back out we have enough players.?
I really don't think that will happen twice. Quinn will run a much tighter team this year because he's no longer the boss so he has to watch him self.

Closed Thread