HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Michael Cammalleri

Old
11-13-2013, 04:30 PM
jarome

vCash: 500
Michael Cammalleri

As a Flames fan, it seems that there is very differing opinions on how much he is worth.

Personally, I see him as one of our strongest assets who could be flipped at the deadline for around a 1st round pick if he continues his current play. The guy is currently sitting at PPG and has 8 goals in 11 games. He brings leadership and strong work ethic, and as a Flames fan, he has been one of our brightest spots this year.

On the other hand, to my surprise there are alot of fans on these boards who also seem to believe he is a liability and is not an asset at all. Some might say its because of his salary at 6mil, but even at 50% salary retained, I have even had one argument with a TO fan who strongly believes he still has negative value and its the flames who need to offer picks for them to take him on.

I guess my question is, what is the current value of Cammy, and what would your team offer to acquire him if we were willing to retain up to 50% of his salary?

jarome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Deen

vCash: 150
Middle to high 1st round draft pick at the deadline to a playoff contender.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:41 PM
mhstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarome View Post
As a Flames fan, it seems that there is very differing opinions on how much he is worth.

Personally, I see him as one of our strongest assets who could be flipped at the deadline for around a 1st round pick if he continues his current play. The guy is currently sitting at PPG and has 8 goals in 11 games. He brings leadership and strong work ethic, and as a Flames fan, he has been one of our brightest spots this year.

On the other hand, to my surprise there are alot of fans on these boards who also seem to believe he is a liability and is not an asset at all. Some might say its because of his salary at 6mil, but even at 50% salary retained, I have even had one argument with a TO fan who strongly believes he still has negative value and its the flames who need to offer picks for them to take him on.

I guess my question is, what is the current value of Cammy, and what would your team offer to acquire him if we were willing to retain up to 50% of his salary?
I can see them getting a 1st and a prospect because of his pass playoff performance when in 2010 he scored 13 goals and then 2011 had 3G 7A in 7 games. I could see a team looking for a player that can bring offense in the playoffs.

mhstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Haatley
haatley

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ru...to-trade-talk/

Apparently ten teams are interested in Cammy right now. Hardly sounds like a guy with negative trade value. He's just this year's JBo.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
MXPX

Anders Lindback??

MXPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Definitely agree with this. Cammy's a potential legit 1st line winger who has delivered previously in the P/O's. I think he's EASILY got 1st rounder + prospect (or suspect) as a rental at the trade deadline.

I think he's got a $5M cap hit, so I think it's harder for most contenders to fit him in right now. I personally think he'd look great in PHO, but I think for that to happen CGY would have to retain some $'s.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Zirakzigil

vCash: 494
At the deadline he is worth a 1st and a prospect, possibly more if he continues his great start to the year.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Feel The Rush

For all it's worth the Habs got a 2nd and a prospect (Patrick Holland) for him

So i'm not sure about a high first + a prospect. A low 1st + mid prospect maybe

Feel The Rush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Pizza the Hutt
Top Cheddar

vCash: 50
If he keeps it up and doesn't get hurt before deadline, he'll fetch a king's ransom from a team serious about the playoffs. Not Tampa tho, they already have 7 cammys.

Pizza the Hutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarzipanMildo View Post
If he keeps it up and doesn't get hurt before deadline, he'll fetch a king's ransom from a team serious about the playoffs. Not Tampa tho, they already have 7 cammys.
I never said we had 7 cammys I said we had a lot of kids who deserve and have earned their shots. We dont have a stamkos number two. We have kids ready and deserving and doing fine. We have guys that rely on stamkos who can do more lol.

We showed that last night in firing 70 shots on montreal and having 45 our best this year get to the net lol.

I question cammy staying healthy. Tampa cant afford his salary. Even if you eat half the numbers dont work.

You will not see Tampa trade away assets for rentals stevie really doesnt work that way. He is building a core for this team to stay at the top this year and every following year. Once is a core you might see tampa go after a cup and go after rentals etc.. which dont hurt us cause we are not giving away those core players etc..

I am sorry we are so deep as a team to frustrate you lol. Is actually a good thing to have and maybe you get there. Stevie has done a great job the last three years. We have drafted very well. So far everyone has proven to be worthwhile which says a ton about develop and the whole system.

Is more on st louis purcell and fippula than on the kids. We have enough kids if people slump or cant have the compete level needed we can move them down and give another kid a shot. We also have a few older guys who can play d or lower lines and be decently nhl players and productive.

Is why we won the cup in ahl and than made finals and are in first place now.

Here is a question if monahan had came in. Scored 6 points in 18 games.

Would you trade him for cammy? Would you bench him if you were in first place or send down (I know you cant send down to ahl) to minors? Would you move him down to line four when he needs top 6 minutes and times to become your future?

This is what your asking tampa to do take a risk on a guy who has not had a injury free year he has been injured every year for five years take on 6 million in cap and 7 million dollar contract and

bench a deserving kid part of future or send him down to ahl or minors who has proven he can play a two way game and play in all situations well etc..

So if you put the shoe on our foot than you see why this doesnt work. I get you dont care what we think or why we think cause you just want your way.

No one is in panic mode yet

We feel we will work it out and be fine without making a move. We are LUCKY and BLESSED to be in this situation.

Yet a lot of times you make your own luck!!

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 05:52 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post

You sure you aren't missing something..

11-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Definitely not Rene Borque ...

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:06 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

And Bourque..

But the biggest difference is the Habs traded Cammy with 2 1/2 half years left n his contract which played him 7M per each on the last 2 years with a 6M cap hit.

Cammy value will get higher the closer it gets to the trade deadline, teams acquiring him don't have to worry about him being on the books for next year.

This is why I think he might get a late 1st round pick at the deadline, when during the summer, there were rumours of the Flames looking to move him but no one was really interested.

Near the end during his time in Mtl Cammy was playing so soft, early on he would actually battle along the boards, but near the end he wouldn't even go near any board battles, I think it might be that he was kinda getting hurt often in Mtl, but gotta say Cammy loves the big stage, lights out during the playoffs, any big Saturday night game during the regular season he was going to show up. Just so clutch, one of the few players that should always play in a big market team.

Last edited by habs03: 11-13-2013 at 08:18 PM.
habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Feel The Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Euuuhh....yeah....that's possible...

Shame on me

Feel The Rush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:42 PM
VanillaCoke

He could get a first with 50% salary retained.
If not a 2nd and b prospect

VanillaCoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Darth Milbury

Entirely dependent on his performance! If he keeps putting points on the board, a first is possible. If he falls back into his inconsistent ways, don't get your hopes up.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

To be fair, it was Gauthier.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 01:55 PM
MuffinMerc
Come watch TV

vCash: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
I think that if Cammalleri continues his strong play this is the best offer the Flames will see.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I think a late 1st and a low level prospect. He can score with the best of them, especially in the playoffs, but doesn't have a super well rounded game. Average to below average defensively and small. I'd actually rather have Stempniak if I was a playoff team, he's such a good 200 foot player.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:08 PM
tony d
Kyle Turris

A 2nd rounder and a prospect perhaps. Cammy would add loads of value to a contending team who needs goal scoring.

11-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
I think that if Cammalleri continues his strong play this is the best offer the Flames will see.
Disagree. If he continues with his play and is close to a point per game and maybe on pace for some 30 odd goals at the deadline multiple teams will offer a 1st round pick. It will be a prospect that tips the scale. Especially factoring in his last 2 playoff appearances.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
A 1st or 2nd + B prospect seems most likely to me.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:26 PM
TylerSVT*

Around what Pominville got is what i would want.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
That's a lot. Pominville is a more well-rounded Cammaleri. We won't get that much.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
He wouldn't get that much, Pominville wasn't an upcoming UFA.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote