HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs/Oilers Moderate Swap

Old
11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
Right because its guaranteed to continuously trend downward without fluctuation.
You could say that, based on your team's performance this season.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Tavares91Stamkos91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
I wasnt aware that citing one incident in a career was how to judge a player.

I guess Taylor Hall is a terrible defensive player, seeing as he was suspended for kneeing.
I wasn't talking about Hall and I know Hall is terrible defensively.

Tavares91Stamkos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Tavares91Stamkos91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
Gagner will take a spot on waivers. Do you guys wanna do it or want to give him for nothing? He seems just as much useless as other Edmonton team's players right now. Edmonton's value is all time low. We don't want skill, we don't want softies and on top of everything we don't want defensive black holes.
Bozak can join Gagner on waivers too.

Tavares91Stamkos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Liferleafer
Low expectations

Quote:
Lets see, Gagner has NEVER scored less than 40 points aside from the shortened 48 game season where he scored 38 points.

On the other hand, Bozak being 3 years older has only scored over 40 points once playing on a #1 line with Phil Kessel ect. His next best season is 32 points in an 82 game season. He scored 28 points in the recently shortened season, where Gagner has almost as many assists (24) as his points. Other than the 2 seasons mentioned he hasn't scored over 30 points, EVER in the NHL.

Tout Bozaks defensive prowess all you like, but hes better suited to a 3rd/4th line role rather than a 1st line scoring/setup man. He's not a first or second line center on the vast majority of NHL teams. Bozak also leads in the worst +/ category obtained by reaching -29 in the 2010/11 season, I suppose that's something to hold onto.
You know what.....i agree with you. Problem is, Gagner is exactly the same thing.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan57 View Post
Bozak can join Gagner on waivers too.
Unless he becomes more like Gagner, but he is centering the top line of the division's 3rd team and coach, gm and fans are happy with him. Most of the fans including me just don't like his long term contract, but I will take him over Gagner 10/10 times unless Gagner improves his default negative +/- rating.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Delicious Dangles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan57 View Post
I don't think elbow to the head and running over a goalie is considered defensive.
What the hell does a ridiculous suspension have to do with defensive abilities?

Delicious Dangles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Peasy
apple CORes = SOFT

vCash: 2089
Quote:
Lets see, Gagner has NEVER scored less than 40 points aside from the shortened 48 game season where he scored 38 points.

On the other hand, Bozak being 3 years older has only scored over 40 points once playing on a #1 line with Phil Kessel ect. His next best season is 32 points in an 82 game season. He scored 28 points in the recently shortened season, where Gagner has almost as many assists (24) as his points. Other than the 2 seasons mentioned he hasn't scored over 30 points, EVER in the NHL.

Tout Bozaks defensive prowess all you like, but hes better suited to a 3rd/4th line role rather than a 1st line scoring/setup man. He's not a first or second line center on the vast majority of NHL teams. Bozak also leads in the worst +/ category obtained by reaching -29 in the 2010/11 season, I suppose that's something to hold onto.
Lol at you quoting a +/- stat, have you looked at the Oilers plus minus lately? That was also a brutal season for the leafs.

Gagner throughout his career has a 0.617 PPG, and Bozak has 0.562, damn Gagner is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better offensively just blows Bozak out of the water.

Peasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleafs Fan View Post
You could say that, based on your team's performance this season.
Good argument! My dad could beat up your dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You know what.....i agree with you. Problem is, Gagner is exactly the same thing.
I agree but with that said I also believe Gagner is still very young at 24 and has the potential to fit the top 6 role better down the road than Bozak. He definitely needs to learn how to win a draw and play better defensively. If he can do that, well he'll do just fine in the #2 position behind RNH. I'm not sure his raw talent and skill with the puck on his stick can be just learned however. No slight to Bozak meant in my posts, I just think they are effectively two different sides of the same coin. Bozak is better at the things Gagner struggles with and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy View Post
Lol at you quoting a +/- stat, have you looked at the Oilers plus minus lately? That was also a brutal season for the leafs.

Gagner throughout his career has a 0.617 PPG, and Bozak has 0.562, damn Gagner is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better offensively just blows Bozak out of the water.
Lemme know when Bozak gets more than 400 NHL games under his belt and offensively keeps above the 40 point mark for 5 or 6 seasons in a row. Heck I'll be nice, lets see your #1 C get 2 seasons over 35 points in a row. Gagner is doing it from the #2 C on an absolutely horrendous team in comparison to the leafs in the past few years.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Delicious Dangles*

Quote:
I agree but with that said I also believe Gagner is still very young at 24 and has the potential to fit the top 6 role better down the road than Bozak.
Being 24 doesn't mean much in terms of potential when you are in your 7th season in the NHL.

For the most part, it's not about age. It's about experience.

Quote:
Gagner is doing it from the #2 C on an absolutely horrendous team in comparison to the leafs in the past few years.
Playing with some of the most offensively gifted players in the league...

Old
11-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Dangles View Post
Being 24 doesn't mean much in terms of potential when you are in your 7th season in the NHL.

For the most part, it's not about age. It's about experience.
Fair enough I can agree with that.

Quote:
Playing with some of the most offensively gifted players in the league...
Hall Hopkins and Eberle are always on the 1st line together. Gagner plays with left overs usually...

Old
11-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Delicious Dangles*

Quote:
Hall Hopkins and Eberle are always on the 1st line together. Gagner plays with left overs usually...
While this may be true the last couple of games, his linemates have consisted of Hall, Hemsky, Yakupov, Eberle, Smyth and Perron.

He hasn't exactly had the worst linemates, especially offensively.

Old
11-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
While this may be true the last couple of games, his linemates have consisted of Hall, Hemsky, Yakupov, Eberle, Smyth and Perron.

He hasn't exactly had the worst linemates, especially offensively.
I blame Eakins for the line MacBlender failed experiment for the those games. The lines are back to the "norm" now as it has been for the majority of the past few years. Barring injury we won't be seeing him play with Hall,Eberle, or RNH from here on out. I also think his jaw getting smashed off and playing only 10 games this year might have been a factor in his off production thus far....

Old
11-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
We'll trade you Leaf Rocket for Chalupa Batman.
You *******.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Done, I'll drive LR to the airport

Kidding, love you LR

In regards to the proposal though... Gagner isn't really needed when centers are healthy. So this would have to be partnered with a trade with another team for it to happen. Also I'm not a fan of the value. Franson for Gagner is more what it would be like I think.
You guys are evil

Also just no.