Notices

Who will you pick?

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Who will you pick?

I want to know who will be available for the Habs so I'm just asking who your team will pick...

Old
07-24-2005, 07:52 PM
DW

There seems to be 4 guys that are mentioned the most (by fans anyways), Brule, Pouliot, Ryan, and Kopitar. By all accounts, Pouliot will be gone to Carolina unless Anaheim misses the boat on Johnson.

Brule, Ryan, Kopitar is the group and the only thing you'll here is speculation since the Wild never release any info on there plans for the draft. Maybe there will be a leak later this week but I wouldn't bet on that to happen.

Old
07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
There seems to be 4 guys that are mentioned the most (by fans anyways), Brule, Pouliot, Ryan, and Kopitar. By all accounts, Pouliot will be gone to Carolina unless Anaheim misses the boat on Johnson.

Brule, Ryan, Kopitar is the group and the only thing you'll here is speculation since the Wild never release any info on there plans for the draft. Maybe there will be a leak later this week but I wouldn't bet on that to happen.
thank you for the info...let us know if you hear something...

By needs and style of play needed, who would you pick in these 4 players?

Old
07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
DW

The Wild are in need of a physical player with scoring ability. Currently they only have one prospect ready that remotely fits that description and he had a terrible season in the AHL last season. (Wanvig)

In the past, the Wild have used hockey sense, coach-ability and skating ability as a tool for picking between a group of players. The Wild will pick by skill, not by need. If they feel Kopitar (my choice) has all the tools even though their are some question marks by others (fans), they'll take him.

I have to say, the Wild have stated they prefer to not pick goaltenders in the first round, probably not so if the guy just tumbles to the latter part of the 1st round but they prefer forwards and dmen in the 1st round.

My choice (by style of play/not need) is Kopitar, but the consensus on the this and other Wild message boards is Brule followed by Ryan since most believe that Pouliot will not be around at #4.

Old
07-25-2005, 01:12 PM
tk421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
The Wild are in need of a physical player with scoring ability. Currently they only have one prospect ready that remotely fits that description and he had a terrible season in the AHL last season. (Wanvig)

... If they feel Kopitar (my choice) has all the tools even though their are some question marks by others (fans), they'll take him.
I think Matt Foy is a better prospect than Wanvig. But either way Foy/Wanvig seem just like Ryan in style. Foy has some ggod top end speed though. So with the new rules “opening” up the game, I agree with DW about taking some one who moves well in open space, like a Kopitar?

Old
07-25-2005, 02:40 PM
DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421
I think Matt Foy is a better prospect than Wanvig. But either way Foy/Wanvig seem just like Ryan in style. Foy has some ggod top end speed though. So with the new rules “opening” up the game, I agree with DW about taking some one who moves well in open space, like a Kopitar?
I'd agree with the Matt Foy statment but he's not ready for duty at the NHL level like Wanvig, not that Wanvig will succeed but this will be his last chance so to speak.

Closed Thread