HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Klesla-healthy scratch

Old
11-17-2013, 12:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Maybe it's a trade but maybe they're just calling it a healthy scratch when it's actually a minor illness, injury, or disciplinary issue. Maybe he showed up late for practice or something and the Coyotes prefer to handle such things privately without media involvement. Who the hell knows? Maybe his wife threw him out of the house and he's an emotional wreck. Who knows? Maybe he's had diarrhea for three days and is just dehydrated. Who knows?

11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Carlzner

Laich for Klesla

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Came here to post this. #4 shutdown lhd is winnipegs biggest need especially now that we have so mamy injuries. Even swap in cap hit too.
Yeah, and it makes more sense now than it did last season when it was originally proposed.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
JetInOhio
Long Time Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aela View Post
So long Setoguchi
I like this deal.

JetInOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 01:38 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

I'd do Seto for Klesla. He'd be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

Hemsky for Klesla.

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM
letowskie

Another possibility would be somehow involve Z. Michalek to Ottawa for futures, and use the salary headroom to get one more top 6 wing later in the season. It seems that the youngsters on the right side has really solidified; and maybe Rundblad and/or Murphy would be able to handle full time duty now, or at least platoon.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Maybe it's a trade but maybe they're just calling it a healthy scratch when it's actually a minor illness, injury, or disciplinary issue. Maybe he showed up late for practice or something and the Coyotes prefer to handle such things privately without media involvement. Who the hell knows? Maybe his wife threw him out of the house and he's an emotional wreck. Who knows? Maybe he's had diarrhea for three days and is just dehydrated. Who knows?
I have decided to take your advice and I no longer take your posts seriously.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
You're right. He's definitely been traded. No question about it. And probably to whatever team you root for.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
RT is actually one of the most informed guys on the board.

Besides, I like his diarrhea theory. Makes sense to me.

11-17-2013, 05:01 PM
capitalsrock

Brouwer>Seto

Take him please

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
RT is actually one of the most informed guys on the board.

Besides, I like his diarrhea theory. Makes sense to me.
If he played through diarrhea and things happened, that would not be pretty :/

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:22 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Teams supposedly looking for dmen:

Colorado
Toronto
Edmonton
Detroit
Ottawa
Or... MTL?

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Funny, because he's one of the few posters here that I have a lot of respect for, because he seems quite knowledgeable.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Leafs plz! hes exactly what we need...

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:29 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
If there's anybody on this board whose posts you should take seriously, it's rt.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
I'd do Seto for Klesla. He'd be an excellent shoot-first compliment for Boedker and Vermette.
If you want a shoot first guy do I know the man for you. He's known by many names, but he usually goes by the name of Malkin, Johnny Malkin. But regardless of what you call him, there ain't a forward in the NHL who's more shoot first than Johnny Malkin.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
I would like to think that he has a strong character. IMO, it's probably a bruise and it makes him a step slower (considering how he plays and his injury history). Plus I'm sure the Coyotes wanted to get a 1st hand look at Murphy. The question now is if the Coyotes are comfortable with moving Z or DM? The right side was very young yesterday, something we haven't seen in a Tippet coached team.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
technoviking
Whatever's Clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I would like to think that he has a strong character. IMO, it's probably a bruise and it makes him a step slower (considering how he plays and his injury history). Plus I'm sure the Coyotes wanted to get a 1st hand look at Murphy. The question now is if the Coyotes are comfortable with moving Z or DM? The right side was very young yesterday, something we haven't seen in a Tippet coached team.
Not comfortable trading Z or DM

technoviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
Not comfortable trading Z or DM
It depends on the return! This also could be Morris's last season as a Coyote. They may not re-sign him. These are options and not my expectations. I fully expect at least one defenseman to be moved this season and they all are available for the right price. Oliver's price makes him virtually impossible to trade, so he is considered untouchable. Yandle's price is also too high. Klesla provides a need on the left side, while Stone, Murphy, and Rundblad makes Michalek and Morris more replaceable.

And that's not to mention Schlemko and Gormley and where they fit in. And then there is Summers, who would be on most NHL rosters.

Old
11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
cobra427

Quote:
It depends on the return! This also could be Morris's last season as a Coyote. They may not re-sign him. These are options and not my expectations. I fully expect at least one defenseman to be moved this season and they all are available for the right price. Oliver's price makes him virtually impossible to trade, so he is considered untouchable. Yandle's price is also too high. Klesla provides a need on the left side, while Stone, Murphy, and Rundblad makes Michalek and Morris more replaceable.

And that's not to mention Schlemko and Gormley and where they fit in. And then there is Summers, who would be on most NHL rosters.
I am pretty sure Dmo and Z have NMC's, so they likely will not be traded. Yandle and OEL are too valuable so it is basically anyone else. The 3/4 stay at home D a playoff team will covet is Klesla, unless they want youth (not in playoffs) which is everyone else.

cobra427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

Morris has been playing like a man possessed ever since last season and he's obviously valued for his leadership in the locker room and off the ice; this + a NMC = he's likely not going anywhere. Z also has an NMC and has been essential in OEL's development. Rusty is an impending UFA that doesn't have an NMC - although he adds a gritty shutdown presence on the left side, he's the most movable of our SAH veterans. Not that I particularly want him moved at this point.

Old
11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, I'd like the whole unit to get healthy first. I'd love to see Klesla and Stone together on the third pair. Schlemko and Rundblad can be healthy scratches together, I guess.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Yeah, I'd like the whole unit to get healthy first. I'd love to see Klesla and Stone together on the third pair. Schlemko and Rundblad can be healthy scratches together, I guess.
I agree. No rush for Maloney to make a move while our offense continues to click at a torrid pace. If he thinks our PK needs some insurance he should be able pick up a 4th line PKer for cheap. Let the blueline heal up and see if Stone and Rundblad can show more two-way consistency before moving any veterans.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Morris has been playing like a man possessed ever since last season and he's obviously valued for his leadership in the locker room and off the ice; this + a NMC = he's likely not going anywhere. Z also has an NMC and has been essential in OEL's development. Rusty is an impending UFA that doesn't have an NMC - although he adds a gritty shutdown presence on the left side, he's the most movable of our SAH veterans. Not that I particularly want him moved at this point.
both Morris and Z have a limited NTC not a full NMC (according to capgeek)
As I said these are options for Maloney to improve the roster and the Coyotes do have a lot of NHL-ready 'd' men. I do expect at least one of the 'd'men to move.
Klesla isn't as expendable as much as some of the PMDs. IMO, there would be a gap in the 'D' if he was traded. Gap probably isn't the right word to use, but there would be that lack of grittiness on the backend that the Coyotes could use n the playoffs.
Ideally the person that gets traded would be Schlemko, but I doubt that the return would be as good as Schlemko is.
And to think Sclemko could possibly be on the top pairing of the Oilers.