HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dallas Stars claim Dustin Jeffrey from waivers

Old
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresRamziAbid View Post
Not really see Tangradi, Eric. Being on the butt end of a so-so roster isnt impressive from someone that is supposed to be "good".

How about 0.35 points per game and no healthy scratches.
that's interesting, because it would make him exactly Brandon Sutter.

If it's for this year, i'll do .3ppg, which would still be above his career average.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
WheresRamziAbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
You misinterpreted the conversation then and interjected something that was irrelevant. Iced said Jeffrey was an NHL player. Ramzi Abid appeared from the depths of wherever the hell he has been hiding and said he wasn't an NHL player. Then Iced set the standards for what an NHL player is and then you said your spiel which wasn't relevant.

All of that said, yeah Jeffrey didn't have a role in this organization since he couldn't kick it on the wing on this team. I still think he can be an adequate 3rd line center on a playoff team.
Never said he wasnt an NHL player. I said hes not a good one. He obviously stuck on a good team for a long time but that doesnt make him good. Hes what baseball people call an AAAA guy. To good for the minors but not good enough to be a significant player in the show.

WheresRamziAbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
First, you're adding the stipulation of the playoff team. His play on the 3rd line likely has very little impact on the Stars being a playoff team this year.

Just like he could have played every game in Pittsburgh and, good or bad, the Penguins would have been a playoff team.

You adding that clause is a way of adding additional markers for Jeffrey to meet that are beyond his control. If you had removed those markers, I would have taken the bet, because, as I said, Dallas is currently not a playoff team and he hasn't played for them yet.

I understand, but at the same time you cant say well he made it on this ****** ass team therefore we made the wrong move by getting rid of him.

Either side of the bet is stupid because it doesnt prove anything and you're the one that suggested it.

The whole thing boils down to was jeffery ever going to be useful in the pens organization. That answer is no. The fact we couldnt trade him for anything says something.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
WheresRamziAbid

Quote:
that's interesting, because it would make him exactly Brandon Sutter.

If it's for this year, i'll do .3ppg, which would still be above his career average.
Sutter is one of the best defensive centers in the NHL. Thats what seperates them.

Ok .30 ppg and no healthy scratches.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Whakahere

Send a message via MSN to Whakahere
Quote:
Never said he wasnt an NHL player. I said hes not a good one. He obviously stuck on a good team for a long time but that doesnt make him good. Hes what baseball people call an AAAA guy. To good for the minors but not good enough to be a significant player in the show.
just like Strait, Letestu, Lovejoy, Tangradi I'm guessing. too good to be in the minors and not good enough to be in the NHL ... and yet here they are.

Whakahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pghkev
#47 FATTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Bennett and Maatta?
Two players with potential, I'll give you that. Is it possible that Shero could develop a Power Forward or a nasty stay at home D-man? I love a good puck moving D-man, but I also believe that they should be paired with a nasty crease remover.

Pghkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwag33 View Post
I understand, but at the same time you cant say well he made it on this ****** ass team therefore we made the wrong move by getting rid of him.

Either side of the bet is stupid because it doesnt prove anything and you're the one that suggested it.

The whole thing boils down to was jeffery ever going to be useful in the pens organization. That answer is no. The fact we couldnt trade him for anything says something.
You don't understand, because he had no choice on the organization he's going to. You picked something that had absolutely nothing to do with his level of play. It was a totally inane suggestion.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Sutter is one of the best defensive centers in the NHL. Thats what seperates them.

This is the kind of hyperbole that could land us a really good asset or two if we traded him.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

No he's not and your inconsistent view points of players is amazing

Old
11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
You don't understand, because he had no choice on the organization he's going to. You picked something that had absolutely nothing to do with his level of play. It was a totally inane suggestion.

My god, the point is he wouldnt have been picked up by a contender..... I understand what you're saying, but you're not picking up the fact that he's maybe an NHL player on a bad team. He's not a regular NHL player on a good team. Thats my point.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whakahere View Post
just like Strait, Letestu, Lovejoy, Tangradi I'm guessing. too good to be in the minors and not good enough to be in the NHL ... and yet here they are.

And which of those players would you want back for free? MAYBE letestu, he was better than jeffery ever was...

The other 3.... no not even close.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
My god, the point is he wouldnt have been picked up by a contender..... I understand what you're saying, but you're not picking up the fact that he's maybe an NHL player on a bad team. He's not a regular NHL player on a good team. Thats my point.
Oh, so your point isn't actually a point, it's an unverifiable opinion?

Glad we had this talk.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:10 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
And which of those players would you want back for free? MAYBE letestu, he was better than jeffery ever was...

The other 3.... no not even close.
You do realize that Lovejoy is currently playing 19 minutes a night on one of the best teams in the league, right?

I'd take him back for free.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:12 AM
WheresRamziAbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whakahere View Post
Never said anything about Strait or Lovejoy other than it was simply a numbers game. Never said anything bad about Letestu either. Tangradi s*cks he is even worse than Jeffery. And i dont know how you missed the word significant. Reading comprehension is nice.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
Oh, so your point isn't actually a point, it's an unverifiable opinion?

Glad we had this talk.

Same as yours....... shocking how internet forums work; but you earn your reputation around here.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:13 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Same as yours....... shocking how internet forums work; but you earn your reputation around here.
my point is that he's an NHL player. Verified by the fact that he's playing for an NHL team. Backed up by the fact that I was willing to bet on it.

Not something like "no contender would pick him up"

which you don't actually no nor could actually prove. Do you see the difference?

Nope.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
You do realize that Lovejoy is currently playing 19 minutes a night on one of the best teams in the league, right?

I'd take him back for free.

So you can in turn complain that Despres and any of the young guys aren't getting called up?

You can save the niskanen argument... even without him we have too many D.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
So you can in turn complain that Despres and any of the young guys aren't getting called up?

You can save the niskanen argument... even without him we have too many D.
I I could just trade him again, right? He's playing 19 minutes a night for a contender, getting that asset for free would be great asset management.

Something you've shown no concept of in this thread.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
my point is that he's an NHL player. Verified by the fact that he's playing for an NHL team. Backed up by the fact that I was willing to bet on it.

Not something like "no contender would pick him up"

which you don't actually no nor could actually prove. Do you see the difference?

Nope.

I agree he's a NHL player, but not on this team. Why you're bent out of shape we waived him is what i'm trying to understand.

Also not what i meant. Getting him for free to play him; its called a hypothetical. I'd hope you could understand that. Obviously if you get him for free in a mythical world to trade him you would.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:16 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
I agree he's a NHL player, but not on this team. Why you're bent out of shape we waived him is what i'm trying to understand.
I'm not bent out of shape over anything. You're making less-than-intelligent posts and then act incapable of responding when someone points that out.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
I'm not bent out of shape over anything. You're making less-than-intelligent posts and then act incapable of responding when someone points that out.

So you think shero made the right move waiving him then?

Old
11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
radapex

Quote:
I think it was the right move, both for the Penguins and for Jeffrey. He was never going to get a shot in Pittsburgh. Now he gets a fresh start with a team that wants him.

One thing that stands out to me is that it seems all the latest former Penguins is that they all seem to echo this same sentiment:

Ducks defenseman Lovejoy says playing for Penguins wasn't easy
Quote:
“I learned how to become a hockey player when I was in Pittsburgh, and I give so many people there so much credit,” Lovejoy said. “But the move to the Ducks completely revitalized my career.”

Being a young player in the Penguins' organization, Lovejoy said, wasn't always easy.

“Cracking the lineup in Pittsburgh was a dream come true at the time,” Lovejoy said. “They're a world class organization that is trying to win the Cup every year. They've got two of the best players in the world in their primes. But it's not easy to come into that environment. It's not a bad thing. It's a fun environment in a way, but there is a ton of pressure to perform.

“It was stressful. It was hard. Being a Penguin wasn't easy.”

Lovejoy was in and out of the lineup as the coaching staff never developed a complete trust in his game. A turnover in Game 2 against Philadelphia in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs seemed to seal his fate, and he was traded early in the following season.

Immediately a better player with Anaheim, Lovejoy credits coach Bruce Boudreau's system, which is more conventional than the Penguins' system.

Lovejoy said puck retrieval and breakout plays in Anaheim's system are more comfortable.

“It's been 100 percent better for me,” he said. “Pittsburgh has obviously been incredibly successful playing the style they play, and when it works, it's so pretty, so good. It's a complex style. They have players who do it very, very well. Perhaps it wasn't right for me. I did everything I could for five and a half years to learn that style. But playing Anaheim's style has been very beneficial for me.”

Even one of the game's legends has appreciated Lovejoy's solid work.

“This guy works hard every day,” veteran Ducks forward Teemu Selanne said. “He's a very solid defenseman. He keeps his game simple. He's got a great attitude. Good work ethic, good skater. He's done good things for us.”

Last edited by radapex: 11-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.
radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
No, but disagreeing with it doesn't mean I'm bent out of shape. DUCY

Old
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
No, but disagreeing with it doesn't mean I'm bent out of shape. DUCY

It's the internet when you post 700 times in a thread one can construe that as 'bent out of shape'.

What do you think they should have done instead and why?

Old
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
WheresRamziAbid

Quote:
No he's not and your inconsistent view points of players is amazing
Nothin inconsistant at all. One is disappointing offensively but bring a lot of value defensively and on the PK. One is just not good at anything. P.S. i would love to have a better 3rd line center than Sutter. Just not gonna happen this year with the cap. Unless you can get a good cheap 3rd line winger for him in a trade and move a defensemen for a center.