HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

WORST Comrie Deals EVER

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 02:20 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
WORST Comrie Deals EVER

OK guys, this is just disgusting. i puked when i saw this. Be warned beacuse you will be very very very MAD when you see this proposal. this is sick.

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...9539#msg_60236

Old
09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
outKast*

maybe i'm over-rating brewer but i see the deal like this

Brewer > Arnason Calder, Dempsey

Nevermind adding Izzy and Comrie.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:23 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

it certainly is absolutely ridiculous. obviously someone who has too much time on their hands.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:35 PM
zamboni

I've seen worse. Some Habs fan on the Fanhome boards offered Ribeiro straight up for Comrie...

Old
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Oiltalk

The same guy posted it in the trade forum yesterday if you guys didn't notice. Then he tried to argue how it was fair.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
The same guy posted it in the trade forum yesterday if you guys didn't notice. Then he tried to argue how it was fair.
yup lol

Old
09-29-2003, 02:47 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

What are you guys talking about? That trade proposal is so funny. I think a Hemsky for Tucker straight up would be a great follow up lol

Old
09-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
OK guys, this is just disgusting. i puked when i saw this. Be warned beacuse you will be very very very MAD when you see this proposal. this is sick.

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...9539#msg_60236
The poster I believe is T@TMAN and he's a flames fan and he criticizes Edmonton to no end. He believe Savard is better than Comrie. T@TMAN is a troll on Oilfans.

09-29-2003, 03:06 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
The poster I believe is TAT@MAN and he's a flames fan and he criticizes Edmonton to no end. He believe Savard is better than Comrie. TAT@MAN is a troll on Oilfans.
He's a troll in hfboards as well. Actually, he toned down a bit but he was pissing everyone off a few months ago. I think his name was T@T.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:10 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
The poster I believe is TAT@MAN and he's a flames fan and he criticizes Edmonton to no end. He believe Savard is better than Comrie. TAT@MAN is a troll on Oilfans.
Hmmm. I wonder if TAT@MAN has an alterego here at hf. Could he possibly be T@T?

Old
09-29-2003, 03:15 PM
IceDragoon

Thought so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
He's a troll in hfboards as well. Actually, he toned down a bit but he was pissing everyone off a few months ago. I think his name was T@T.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Mr Sakich

the vast majority of guys there are pretty good. T@TMAN is a joke.

It one thing to be an intelligent / challenging troll, it is another to be boring / repetitive. T@TMAN is the latter. Thankfully, when the junior highs re-opened, his post count went way down.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
I've seen worse. Some Habs fan on the Fanhome boards offered Ribeiro straight up for Comrie...
I've never been to Fanhome before, but I decided to check it out. Some Leaf fan there mentioned a "rumour" he heard. I swear he was being completely serious, and said he thought it made a little bit of sense for both teams. It was something like: Tucker, Green, Pilar, 1st for Comrie, Brewer, Hemsky.

He then went on to say he'd never heard of Hemsky, but he thought it was a good deal anyway. Makes you wonder where people actually hear these things in the first place, and then what convinces them that it has some merit and is an actual "rumour."

Old
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Ribeiro will surprise you this year
prefer to keep him !

Old
09-29-2003, 04:20 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Ribeiro will surprise you this year
prefer to keep him !
Everybodies happy then. We prefer to keep Comrie.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
The poster I believe is T@TMAN and he's a flames fan and he criticizes Edmonton to no end. He believe Savard is better than Comrie. T@TMAN is a troll on Oilfans.
Makes no wonder you dingbat Oiler fans get no respect,first of all..please point us all in the direction of the thread where i "believe Savard is better then Comrie" it's a challenge to you,you can't win that one,as a matter of fact i said i would rather Comrie over Savard.

As far as "troll" goes,your wonderfull hitler like leader brought it up on Oilfans and the nitwit followers over their like to use it...too bad they can't think for themself's!

As far as the trade idea...this stems from 2 thoughts.
1) Comrie's value will lower as the holdout gets longer.
2) Brewer is very much overrated IMO...but a troll like me wouldn't know.

Old
09-29-2003, 04:25 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
...but a troll like me wouldn't know.
well there is one thing we can agree on!

Old
09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
outKast*

T@T you have lost all credibility here in the Oiler boards. Now that may not seem much to you, but you should take it in consideration.

<b><u>Look at Brewer's Credentials</b></u>

AT 24 years old:

Brewer was officially Drafted 5th overall by the Islanders in 1997
(I dont know about you, but i know for a FACT you can't get drafted that high and SUCK. you have to be something special.)

During the 97 season he was a WHL all-star.

Was selected to play for Team Canada for the Olympic squad 2001

Won a gold medal with the Canadian Olympic team

<b>Lead all Canadian Defensemen in Goals during the whole Olympics.</b>
Why is that so important? He was playing alongside Foote, Blake, Jovocop, Pronger, Niedermayer, and managed to lead the team in goals. He'll never be as good as the Olympics offensively: why? He doesnt have the allstar defensive corps here in Edmonton. He'll be playing with the likes of Smith, Semenov, and Staois who are quality Stay-at-home DMEN not puckmovers. But that in itself should show you how good he can be if he had a great offensive defenseman playing with him. If the Oilers could afford to aquire Pronger, Jovo or Niedermayer, i promise you his point totals will increase but this is reality, and the Oilers can't afford players in their prime.

Brewer was selected to play for the All-Star game and was among the youngest competitors. There he BURNED the best goalie in the League (Martin Brodeur)

In his first 4 FULL NHL seasons (Only played 26 games in 99-00 thats not a full season) Brewer has scored 5, 7, 7, 8 Goals. (AT 24) That may not be much but he's young and has a lot more Potential. Defensemen take longer to develop. I expect him to realize his potential within the next 2-3 years.

Who's over-rated? The guys a #1 defenseman at 24 and only getting better.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:15 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

I take no heed to Flames fans that talk about how Brewer isn't good and/or over-rated. His numbers and awards show quiet clearly otherwise. It's the same old Flame Jelousy that the Oilers will be blessed with for ever (god willing the CBA works out). Always being second string to the Oil is tough on them, so I try not to get to excited, but rather be understanding.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
2) Brewer is very much overrated IMO...but a troll like me wouldn't know.
If he's overrated by people across the league, wouldn't he obtain a lot more via a trade than he would otherwise? People tend to give up more for people they value higher..

Old
09-29-2003, 05:29 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
If he's overrated by people across the league, wouldn't he obtain a lot more via a trade than he would otherwise? People tend to give up more for people they value higher..
exactly!!! and the Oilers are getting ludicrous proposals. For as long as I've been posting i've never seen the other team's fans ever offer up Brewer for Gagne/Pitkanen or Brewer for Havlat. Lot's of people underrate Brewer and offer up garbage like Brewer for Tucker and Pilar. What the hell is that?

I would like this guy to name at least 3 Defensemen under 25 years old who have more impressive credentials than Eric Brewer. I DARE you Brewer beat out Redden, Morris, Stuart ect. ect. ect. to win a spot on the Olympic team. i think that's impressive

Come on T@T i know you like a challenge. convince us "un-educated Oilerhomers" why Regehr and Gauthier <i>might</i> be better than Brewer.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:12 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

think T@T has left for a while!?!?
Way to put him in his place oilflip.

It's commical to listen to some of the flame fans talk about us "greasers"

Old
09-29-2003, 06:14 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I take no heed to Flames fans that talk about how Brewer isn't good and/or over-rated. His numbers and awards show quiet clearly otherwise. It's the same old Flame Jelousy that the Oilers will be blessed with for ever (god willing the CBA works out). Always being second string to the Oil is tough on them, so I try not to get to excited, but rather be understanding.
Every Oiler is overrated according to Flames fans until they are traded to another team, and then the Oilers won't be able to survive.

Marchant was a good third liner that had a fluke year according to Flames fans and now we won't be able to replace him.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
Every Oiler is overrated according to Flames fans until they are traded to another team, and then the Oilers won't be able to survive.

Marchant was a good third liner that had a fluke year according to Flames fans and now we won't be able to replace him.
Yup it's always been like that. When the Sportsnet forum was running it was always the Canuck fans saying Carter was nothing, and once he was traded away they thought the Oilers buried themselves alive 12 feet underground.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:50 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

yep, Carter was nothing but a lazy floater until he was traded. Now all of a sudden he's a top line powerforward! Go figure. The amazing thing is that Edmonton has a knack of getting career years out of players - but while they're hear they are just over achievers, then when they move they are actually that good.... Heck, I remember hearing how losing Ulanov would hurt our team (although I REALLY liked him, he was one'a my favs...)

Closed Thread