HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pens and Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2013, 02:12 PM
  #26
Murdoc27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
RNH + Hall

For

Malkin


Not kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
You should be.
Add EDM 1st and I'd Pull the trigger. I'm one of the few Pens fans that thinks Malkin and/or Letang should have been traded in the offseason instead of extended.

Murdoc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
  #27
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc27 View Post
Add EDM 1st and I'd Pull the trigger. I'm one of the few Pens fans that thinks Malkin and/or Letang should have been traded in the offseason instead of extended.
That's too much for Edmonton. Pass.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
  #28
Murdoc27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
That's too much for Edmonton. Pass.
You'd be one of few to say that. That'd be underpayment for a top 3 player in the world. Other pens fans will probably hate on me, but I would take the under payment. It would open up some cap space so that the Pens can round out their roster. I hate that they think they can pay 3 players in excess of $25 million and still have a well rounded roster.

Murdoc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:35 PM
  #29
JBreed02
Registered User
 
JBreed02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Baden, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
We're not trading Malkin. End of.
This.

JBreed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #30
ChaoticOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
i'd like to see that.



agreed.

Pens can't afford to move an impact, difference maker like Malkin unless they get the equivalent back. And EDM doesn't have that.

The Oilers need 1-2 solid dmen and 1-2 solid forwards in their prime, not spectacular, just smart, hard-working, balanced forwards. They have star-power and elite skill, just need to surround them with more.

I'd like to see Taylor Hall and Sid play together on the same line. Would have to watch in slow motion.
The possibility of Crosby-Hall and Malkin-Yakupov duo's is insane.

ChaoticOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 02:55 PM
  #31
Riptide
Registered User
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king View Post
That is a massive overpayment for Malkin. For one Malkin has greatly struggled this year. Secondly he is older and more expensive that Hall with similar talent levels. Throw in all the rest you are suggesting and it just doesn't add up.

I'm not an Oliers or Pens fan, but this deal just doesn't make sense from the Oilers POV.
Similar talent levels!? Hall is no where close to Malkin in terms of talent or production. Not saying Hall is a bad player... just that he's a couple tier's below Malkin.

Malkin is having a horrible year by his standards and from his normal production. He's 20GP, 3G, 15A, 18Pts, and -8, and is still out producing Hall.

Hall on the other hand is right where his career average is (70 point pace), which is about what most Edmonton fans expect from him (close to, but not quite a PPG winger).

__________________
I've been looking for trouble... but trouble hasn't been cooperating!
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 03:48 PM
  #32
ManofSteel55
Registered User
 
ManofSteel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc27 View Post
You'd be one of few to say that. That'd be underpayment for a top 3 player in the world. Other pens fans will probably hate on me, but I would take the under payment. It would open up some cap space so that the Pens can round out their roster. I hate that they think they can pay 3 players in excess of $25 million and still have a well rounded roster.
RNH, Hall and a 1st isn't an "underpayment". Nope. It doesn't matter if we're playing with in his prime Gretzky if we move out all of our talent in a deal to get that player. Malkin won't win us games single handedly if we trade half our our core.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
  #33
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Malkin for:

RNH
Yakupov
Nurse
1st 2014
1st 2015.

Yup, that is what it would cost.
Yes and i believe it would get it done.Pitts would be crazy to turn down that offer.

jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:29 PM
  #34
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz
 
Warm Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 51,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Yes and i believe it would get it done.Pitts would be crazy to turn down that offer.
This concept may seem foreign to some fans, but that deal does not make the Penguins a better team this year. In fact, it makes them significantly worse. The last thing we need is to get smaller and weaker.

That's a "no". There's no trading Malkin.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
  #35
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Yes and i believe it would get it done.Pitts would be crazy to turn down that offer.
The 1st in 15 and Nurse really mean nothing to the Pens. They are already overfilling with D prospects, and unless that 1st is going to be a top-10 pick, they don't need it either. 1st this year is appealing because it will be high.

To get Malkin, it will take:

Young top-6 W (Hall or Eberle)
Young 2C (Gagner or RNH)
Young NHLer with high end potential (Schultz or Yakupov)
Top prospect (I guess Nurse or Klefbom, Oils have no good F prospects)
1st in 2014

So basically, you're looking at either:

Hall, Gagner, Yakupov, Klefbom and a 1st for Malkin
or
Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Nurse and a 1st for Malkin

I tried to make them as even as possible. IMO, Edmonton would be dumb to do this. They probably are the only team that can afford to do this though (as in asset wise)


Last edited by penguins2946*: 11-18-2013 at 06:39 PM.
penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:35 PM
  #36
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz
 
Warm Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 51,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
The 1st in 15 and Nurse really mean nothing to the Pens. They are already overfilling with D prospects, and unless that 1st is going to be a top-10 pick, they don't need it either. 1st this year is appealing because it will be high.

To get Malkin, it will take:

Young top-6 W (Hall or Eberle)
Young 2C (Gagner or RNH)
Young NHLer with high end potential (Schultz or Yakupov)
Top prospect (I guess Nurse or Klefbom, Oils have no good F prospects)
1st in 2014

So basically, you're looking at either:

Hall, Gagner, Yakupov, Klefbom and a 1st for Malkin
or
Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Nurse and a 1st for Malkin

I tried to make them as even as possible. IMO, Edmonton would be dumb to do this.
They all make Pittsburgh worse.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM
  #37
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
They all make Pittsburgh worse.
Hall+Gagner+Yakupov>Malkin
Eberle+RNH+Schultz>Malkin

Both of those deals help the Pens now more than Malkin does.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:50 PM
  #38
Isaak16
The Universe Is Here
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
The 1st in 15 and Nurse really mean nothing to the Pens. They are already overfilling with D prospects, and unless that 1st is going to be a top-10 pick, they don't need it either. 1st this year is appealing because it will be high.

To get Malkin, it will take:

Young top-6 W (Hall or Eberle)
Young 2C (Gagner or RNH)
Young NHLer with high end potential (Schultz or Yakupov)
Top prospect (I guess Nurse or Klefbom, Oils have no good F prospects)
1st in 2014

So basically, you're looking at either:

Hall, Gagner, Yakupov, Klefbom and a 1st for Malkin
or
Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Nurse and a 1st for Malkin

I tried to make them as even as possible. IMO, Edmonton would be dumb to do this. They probably are the only team that can afford to do this though (as in asset wise)
There isn't a player in the league (Crosby included) worth those packages. Pens don't have to trade Malkin so an obvious overpayment would be needed but this is full ******....

Isaak16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  #39
domaug*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
There isn't a player in the league (Crosby included) worth those packages. Pens don't have to trade Malkin so an obvious overpayment would be needed but this is full ******....
Malkin's not even available, so until these worthless threads stop popping up every other week, expect some unbelievable counter-offers

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:03 PM
  #40
penguins2946*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 23,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
There isn't a player in the league (Crosby included) worth those packages. Pens don't have to trade Malkin so an obvious overpayment would be needed but this is full ******....
Malkin isn't remotely available. To get him, it will take a full ****** payment.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
  #41
Isaak16
The Universe Is Here
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Malkin isn't remotely available. To get him, it will take a full ****** payment.
I think the original proposal was close to full ******. I made it with the idea of trying to address both teams needs now going forward. I recognize Malkin is not a player you just give away but that is obviously not what I was proposing.

Unfortunately when you ask for a player that is not on the market the opposing fanbase tends to take the original offer, whether fair or not, and try to squeeze more out of it to make a point. Sometimes it's nice to try and just make a fair proposal instead of having to "barter" all the time.

Isaak16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #42
Macslow*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
RNH + Hall

For

Malkin


Not kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
You should be.
This.

Macslow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:39 PM
  #43
Mapleleafs Fan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
The 1st in 15 and Nurse really mean nothing to the Pens. They are already overfilling with D prospects, and unless that 1st is going to be a top-10 pick, they don't need it either. 1st this year is appealing because it will be high.

To get Malkin, it will take:

Young top-6 W (Hall or Eberle)
Young 2C (Gagner or RNH)
Young NHLer with high end potential (Schultz or Yakupov)
Top prospect (I guess Nurse or Klefbom, Oils have no good F prospects)
1st in 2014

So basically, you're looking at either:

Hall, Gagner, Yakupov, Klefbom and a 1st for Malkin is (6+4.8+3.775) 14.575 mil for 8.7 mil (9.5 next year)
or
Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Nurse and a 1st for Malkin is (6+6+9.25) 13.925 mil for 8.7 mil (9.5 next year)

I tried to make them as even as possible. IMO, Edmonton would be dumb to do this. They probably are the only team that can afford to do this though (as in asset wise)
The biggest question is... even if Oilers give up that much can a team like pens afford that luxury? Malkin's luxury <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< any of those trades.

Mapleleafs Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 09:44 PM
  #44
DrDangles
Registered User
 
DrDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Malkin stays, if anybody goes its Letang.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:27 AM
  #45
PensRedwings2887
Registered User
 
PensRedwings2887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoc27 View Post
Add EDM 1st and I'd Pull the trigger. I'm one of the few Pens fans that thinks Malkin and/or Letang should have been traded in the offseason instead of extended.


I agree w/ you on whether Malkin and/or Letang should have been traded in the offseason. We have Depres, Dumolin, Pouliot, and Samuelsson in the minors, IMO, Letang would have fetched a nice return for us.

PensRedwings2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:03 AM
  #46
Riptide
Registered User
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
I think the original proposal was close to full ******. I made it with the idea of trying to address both teams needs now going forward. I recognize Malkin is not a player you just give away but that is obviously not what I was proposing.

Unfortunately when you ask for a player that is not on the market the opposing fanbase tends to take the original offer, whether fair or not, and try to squeeze more out of it to make a point. Sometimes it's nice to try and just make a fair proposal instead of having to "barter" all the time.

Hall and RNH is a good starting point, and could be the main pieces. But I'd still want to see more. Ideally someone like Nurse (even if Pit had to send a D back), and a 1st (top 3 protected).

And honestly, I'd even swap out Hall and Eberle. I think he'd bring more to the Pens than Hall would, and Edmonton fans seem to value Hall more than Eberle. As for the 1st, it needs to be included, but doesn't really even excite me that much. Pens are not really looking to acquire young assets that won't contribute for 4 years, when moving impact players that are contributing today.

But yes, when you're asking for a player that the other team doesn't want to trade, just having a "fair" offer is rarely ever enough. To add to that, ones idea of fair, is always somewhat subjective. I wouldn't even consider Malkin for RNH and Hall - it's an easy pass - even with the 1st.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:57 AM
  #47
Isaak16
The Universe Is Here
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Hall and RNH is a good starting point, and could be the main pieces. But I'd still want to see more. Ideally someone like Nurse (even if Pit had to send a D back), and a 1st (top 3 protected).

And honestly, I'd even swap out Hall and Eberle. I think he'd bring more to the Pens than Hall would, and Edmonton fans seem to value Hall more than Eberle. As for the 1st, it needs to be included, but doesn't really even excite me that much. Pens are not really looking to acquire young assets that won't contribute for 4 years, when moving impact players that are contributing today.

But yes, when you're asking for a player that the other team doesn't want to trade, just having a "fair" offer is rarely ever enough. To add to that, ones idea of fair, is always somewhat subjective. I wouldn't even consider Malkin for RNH and Hall - it's an easy pass - even with the 1st.
Well then your expectations are a little out there. Overpayment is one thing, what you're asking for is another. Would trading for Malkin hurt? Of course it would but RNH, Hall plus two more top ten picks is ridiculous. The pens and oilers have a rair opportunity in sports in which a scenario exists where a blockbuster trade could help both teams now and moving forward. Sometimes both sides can benefit.

Isaak16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 07:36 AM
  #48
Dying Alive
I love u Phil
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 9,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
Well then your expectations are a little out there. Overpayment is one thing, what you're asking for is another. Would trading for Malkin hurt? Of course it would but RNH, Hall plus two more top ten picks is ridiculous. The pens and oilers have a rair opportunity in sports in which a scenario exists where a blockbuster trade could help both teams now and moving forward. Sometimes both sides can benefit.
To the first bolded point, ridiculous would be the asking price if a team called about Malkin, who the Pens aren't shopping and really have no inclination to move and who the GM has gone on record as saying he would like to have in a Pens uniform for life. I wouldn't blame teams for not wanting to give up what it would take to get him, but that doesn't mean the Pens would accept less...because they don't want to move him in the first place.

I'm not sure it does help the Pens now/moving forward, considering that Oilers fans (understandably) want to give up less than what the Pens would want. If it was RNH, Hall, Nurse, & a 1st? Yeah, maybe, depending on what other moves the Pens made to clear salary and how well they adjusted to new linemates, etc. Anything less than that and I don't see how it makes the Pens better, sorry. Malkin may be "slumping" by his standards but he's still easily a top 5 player in the world and probably top 3. Any other C not named Crosby is a downgrade.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
  #49
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Malkin for:

RNH
Yakupov
Nurse
1st 2014
1st 2015.

Yup, that is what it would cost.
Not what it would cost, it's more like the offer that would keep the GM on the phone to see what else he could get for one of the best players in the game.

If at 27yrs old, Geno was on the market and he waived to go to Edmonton, I am sure MacT/Lowe and Katz or whatever the owner's name is, all make sure it happens, not just because it would mean they had a legit superstar to build around, but it puts more rears in the seats and sells even more merchandise and it makes Edmonton a place that free agents want to come to, to play along side Malkin, potentially.

There are so many things that would happen with Geno being there that people are not thinking about for why Oilers would definitely over pay, massively, for the services of Malkin for 8 more years.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 08:58 AM
  #50
Riptide
Registered User
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
Well then your expectations are a little out there. Overpayment is one thing, what you're asking for is another. Would trading for Malkin hurt? Of course it would but RNH, Hall plus two more top ten picks is ridiculous. The pens and oilers have a rair opportunity in sports in which a scenario exists where a blockbuster trade could help both teams now and moving forward. Sometimes both sides can benefit.
There you go. Would acquiring him hurt? Of course it would. You need to recognize that the Pens do not need, nor do they want to move Malkin. This isn't someone like Danny Heatley who demanded a trade. You also might want to read what I wrote. I wouldn't want Hall, but Eberle.

The other option of course, is that we just keep Malkin.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.